Jump to content

Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 


Jonathan Fairfield

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Not at the moment as the girl has not even made an official complaint yet or taken up the RTP's offer to be interviewed in the UK!

 

Do you have some source you can link/post here where the Thai police offered to interview her in the UK?

 

The only thing I recall reading was the Thai police wanting her to travel back to Thailand, which no one in her situation in their right mind would ever do, given the way the Thai police have handled this case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

Do you have some source you can link/post here where the Thai police offered to interview her in the UK?

 

The only thing I recall reading was the Thai police wanting her to travel back to Thailand, which no one in her situation in their right mind would ever do, given the way the Thai police have handled this case.

 

“According to forensic and scientific evidence we collected based on the woman’s account, we found no rape or drugging had taken place,” said Maj Gen Surachate, who was assigned by the police chief to look into the allegation.

(skip)

“However, we’re open to new evidence. Since the victim has not even contacted the UK consul in Thailand which is in charge of the safety of British nationals in the kingdom, we urge her to submit the evidence and give statements so we can investigate further. We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-evidence-of-koh-tao-rape-say-police-68447.php#eJFLViu0GSfem97i.97

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

 

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

 

'' it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore''.....nope, it's just the Thai cops that don't care.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

This should be interesting as to how the Thai authorities approach the fact that the Times has published this interview. 

Is there any mention of the T shirt she took back to England?

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

I'm not a Brit, so I don't follow the UK news as close as others here...  But I haven't heard anything from the British police re this case since it first arose, including anything about what if anything they're doing with the supposed DNA evidence.  Have I missed anything on that?

 

You not alone , she is the one who keeps bringing up the clothing yet no confirmations of any kinds not even medical exam or blood tests for drug residue as she was drugged according to her 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This lady really needs to come out into the open and support her claims with the evidence she allegedly has.

 

Of course the RTP are going to do nothing even if she demonstrates that there's even a grain of truth in what she says. 

 

That The Times are carrying this story suggests that they believe there's at least a hint of truth.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

“However, we’re open to new evidence. Since the victim has not even contacted the UK consul in Thailand which is in charge of the safety of British nationals in the kingdom, we urge her to submit the evidence and give statements so we can investigate further. We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-evidence-of-koh-tao-rape-say-police-68447.php#eJFLViu0GSfem97i.97

 

Thanks for posting that... Perhaps it would be something appropriate for the British media to ask her or the mother about at some future point. I don't see any downside or risk to her in taking up that offer.

 

But as to the investigation here, perhaps I would have more faith in the professionalism and integrity of it if the police were spending as much time looking into her claims as they are on arresting Thai people who've shared Facebook accounts of the alleged incident.

 

Just ask yourself, in the country where you come from, do the police arrest people who merely share Facebook post news accounts of alleged crimes that have been widely reported in the news media???   I don't think so!!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

How many more people, especially young women, are going to visit that God-forsaken island and run into serious, possibly fatal trouble?

 

How many people would trust the Thai police to effectively investigate any reported crime?

 

BOYCOTT!

 

It is the only way to get through to the authorities; cut off the cash flow in order to see some action taken to clean it up.

 

 

Nobody is forced to go there. And nobody is forced to get totally drunk.

Stay home or go somewhere else. Case closed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, fasteddie said:
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

 

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

 

'' it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore''.....nope, it's just the Thai cops that don't care.

Where is the evidence?

Fact is she stayed together with 4 guys (not including her boyfriend).

Fact it she got totally drunk.

Fact is on the next day she went to another island to party with her boyfriend.

Question is what happened after she got totally drunk. It seems she doesn't remember it but she somehow thinks she was raped...

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where is the evidence?

Fact is she stayed together with 4 guys (not including her boyfriend).

Fact it she got totally drunk.

Fact is on the next day she went to another island to party with her boyfriend.

Question is what happened after she got totally drunk. It seems she doesn't remember it but she somehow thinks she was raped...

fact is you are not telling the truth..

she stayed in a hostel that also had 4 men staying there.

she had a drink then was drugged

she went to another island to be with friends as she did not feel safe on KT..can you prof she went to a FMP

people do not think they have been raped especially as it was up her gary glitter.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

She then returned to London in early July and alerted her mother who filed a complaint with police in the UK and handed over clothes she wore on the night of the attack. 

 

 

And again, after 2 months still not a word anywhere about the forensic test results

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

Do you have some source you can link/post here where the Thai police offered to interview her in the UK?

 

The only thing I recall reading was the Thai police wanting her to travel back to Thailand, which no one in her situation in their right mind would ever do, given the way the Thai police have handled this case.

 

One of the Phuket papers reported it, check J L Crab's posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Just Weird said:

One of the Phuket papers reported it, check J L Crab's posts.

another paper that can not be named disagrees with you..they said the RTP was waiting on the UK police. to hear what she had to say.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, shillhater said:
10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

One of the Phuket papers reported it, check J L Crab's posts.

another paper that can not be named disagrees with you..they said the RTP was waiting on the UK police. to hear what she had to say.

That report in the Phuket News was a reprint from that other paper.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

And again, after 2 months still not a word anywhere about the forensic test results

 

While we're at it,

Are the British police going to send the Brit girl who falsely accused the black French policeman, back here to face charges?

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

This lady really needs to come out into the open and support her claims with the evidence she allegedly has.

 

Of course the RTP are going to do nothing even if she demonstrates that there's even a grain of truth in what she says. 

 

That The Times are carrying this story suggests that they believe there's at least a hint of truth.

 

"Of course the RTP are going to do nothing even if she demonstrates that there's even a grain of truth in what she says". 

Huh?

 

"That The Times are carrying this story suggests that they believe there's at least a hint of truth".

Huh?  Probably suggests that The Times sees nothing but reader figures.  And it is owned by the same organization as The Sun that reproduced the original claims from the Samui Times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

That report in the Phuket News was a reprint from that other paper.

7th sep 1200 ...police wait for questioning from british police..can not find one saying they would send a bobby to have a chat with her..not saying it is not there just i can not find it

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

Thanks for posting that... Perhaps it would be something appropriate for the British media to ask her or the mother about at some future point. I don't see any downside or risk to her in taking up that offer.

"I don't see any downside or risk to her in taking up that offer".

Really?  Oh, I see, you're still assuming that, despite her not reporting the alleged offence or submitting to an interview with the police (anywhere), she's not making it all up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shillhater said:

7th sep 1200 ...police wait for questioning from british police..can not find one saying they would send a bobby to have a chat with her..not saying it is not there just i can not find it

Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn, deputy tourist police chief, told a Thai News Agency in Bangkok today (Aug 30)  "We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

 

as reported AUG 30 in BP then reprinted Phuket News

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"I don't see any downside or risk to her in taking up that offer".

Really?  Oh, I see, you're still assuming that, despite her not reporting the alleged offence or submitting to an interview with the police (anywhere), she's not making it all up.

 

Do you also happen to believe that women who wear bikinis at the beach bear some responsibility if they're attacked? You sound a lot like someone else who thinks that way.

 

I have no way of knowing whether what she's alleged is true or not. But I believe, based on their history and circumstances, that those responsible for investigating the case here are neither objective or professional in carrying out their duties.

 

Unless, of course, they're out arresting Facebook posters.  That they seem very capable of doing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, shillhater said:

another paper that can not be named disagrees with you..they said the RTP was waiting on the UK police. to hear what she had to say.. 

So what if the Bangkok Post didn't report what the RTP had offered in order to make things easier for the girl?  It doesn't mean the offer wasn't made.

 

Edit: Seems that the Bangkok Post (that can be named here) did report it, post 46. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So what if the Bangkok Post didn't report what the RTP had offered in order to make things easier for the girl?  It doesn't mean the offer wasn't made.

 

The fact the Joke man offered it during a local news conference and it was reported by a Phuket newspaper doesn't necessarily mean that word of that offer ever has been communicated to the alleged victim or her family in the UK.

 

Although, since the alleged victim did file a police report on the other issues, presumably the police would have some way to contact her if they really wanted to try. I'm not sure I've ever heard of them actually trying.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...