Video: No holds barred in Battle of the Seafood Buffet!

webfact

Video: No holds barred in Battle of the Seafood Buffet!

3PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A set of videos posted on Facebook showed customers at an all you can eat seafood buffet fighting for all they are worth for prawns and crabs.

And these were Thais not Chinese!

Poster Hassalakran Limchowong said she came to eat but this was like being given handouts - though she managed some smiles.

Others suggested that this is what you get for 198 baht a head plus extra for drinks.

Buffet fighting scenes in the past have usually been the realm of Chinese tourists - now it seems the Thais are getting in on the unseemly act.

Thai Rath reported on the marine melee.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-11

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

You must have spent a lot of time going to all those buffets in the US, UK and other countries in Europe  -  a hobby of yours is it going where there are sales, giveaways and free food ? ??

LOL.

No, I watch / read the news. These things tend to be quite a newsworthy item nowadays.

2 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Seen this many times in Thailand so not sure why it should make headlines now ?

The other thing is that old type  competition that goes on at nearly all buffets.   It is called "How much can you pile on one plate",  second only to "how much can you cram into your mouth" competition.

And lastly 'how much can you leave behind and waste

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

This is really is not specific to Thailand, China or anywhere else.

Seen such stampedes happening in the US, UK and other countries in Europe - during sales, giveaways, free buffets etc. Some people simply cannot resist grabbing as much as they can, when something is offered for free or at a largely reduced price. Pure greed, I guess.

Suradit69 will love you.

I must've led a sheltered life because the buffets I've attended in the west have been very civilised.

Maybe you should remove the rosie specs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Suradit69 will love you.

I must've led a sheltered life because the buffets I've attended in the west have been very civilised.

Maybe you should remove the rosie specs.

No he said it because he had read it in news reports.  - Those news reports he can not now produce when I asked him.   In other words total BS.  

22 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

No he said it because he had read it in news reports.  - Those news reports he can not now produce when I asked him.   In other words total BS.  

Total BS. ?

https://www.google.co.th/search?q="black+friday+stampede"&rlz=1C1SQJL_plPL786PL786&oq="black+friday+stampede"&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5429j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You seem to be living in a bit of a fantasy world.

17 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

You seemed to be in your own fantasy world and what ?just spent 2 hours googling ? What a pity you have just shot yourself in the foot.  The original title was regarding a seafood buffet ,   not people in Walmart . So as I said your original reply was just unsubstantiated BS.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

Quite civilized and good humored.

Seems that for some people any occasion is good to indulge in casual racism and Thai bashing... To quote you-know-who: "sad".

They're using plates to scrape food from a buffet. I don't know if that can be seen through rose-tinted glasses.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darcula said:

They're using plates to scrape food from a buffet. I don't know if that can be seen through rose-tinted glasses.

3 minutes ago, Darcula said:

If they are thick enough it can

Edited by Esso49
  • Haha 2