PHOTOS: Dunkin’ Donuts opens its first drive thru in Thailand

webfact

12 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme are mass produced, ridiculously expensive, pap.

Real doughnuts, made by you local real baker are delicious.

However when I ate these, in Dam Square during the December Fair, I was transported to another dimension:

Oliebol - Wikipedia

More food snobbery. Ive had those in  and they are no different than a fresh tasty dount made by Krispy Kreme or a nice Fair fried dough. Actually, try the Bear Claw donuts at Golden Donuts on Tudor Road in Anchorage if you want a nice donut. They are all variations of the same.

Hey But your favs have a Euro name so clearly they are better.?

Bet they clog the arteries the same

10 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Its amassing that people on this forum actually try to have a serious discussion on something that is nothing other than Junk food . 

How do you know? Have tried those warm sandwiches? I wished we had this in BKK.

12 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

im from usa and dunkin donuts is not suppossed to look like this.

the company is founded on small humble shops, minimalist with no frills, no fancy decor.

looks like they confused a starbucks with a dunkin donuts.

I used to drive 2 hours to visit Pizza Hut in Heraklion on the island of Crete, Greece.  Table cloths, silverware, table service and bottles of wine.  

Very civilized and wonderful really, but a very long way from the old red roof pizza joints in the USA I remembered growing up.  ?

Child obesity is becoming a problem in China and Thailand.

The last thing they need is another American  junk food crap  'drive through.'

Hopefully Asian kids wont be -dumbed down-  like the  Americans.

No such English words as donut or thru.   Its doughnut and through.

Edited by lanista
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, neeray said:

I hope that they offer better tasting coffee than what I get when visiting USA. Horrible stuff!

Dunkin Donuts has its roots, and remains, a working-class, blue-collar, New England (founded in Quincy, MA, a Boston suburb, in 1948) staple.

The coffee was never meant to be artisanal. I love it. I even bring back a few pounds every trip.

There are more and more drive-throughs here, there is at least one Burger King drive-though on Bang-Na Trat, and a newer drive-thru Starbucks on the same road. I did the Starbucks drive-thru a few weeks ago, quite handy.

3 hours ago, lanista said:

Then why are they both in the dictionary?

You English are such snobs about your spelling being the correct one.

American spelling is 100% correct for the USA.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Then why are they both in the dictionary?

You English are such snobs about your spelling being the correct one.

American spelling is 100% correct for the USA.

I would of thought English English was the correct English. If folk want to use/speak English in a different way that is up to them, but it is not English English...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I would of thought English English was the correct English. If folk want to use/speak English in a different way that is up to them, but it is not English English...

There is  no correct or incorrect. They've just evolved differently.  Each  English Native Speaking  country has "correct" English correct for its region.

Just now, duanebigsby said:

There is  no correct or incorrect. They've just evolved differently.  Each  English Native Speaking  country has "correct" English correct for its region.

Well if folk want to make English English easier for them to spell etc, that is up to them, but it is not English English in my Dictionary...?

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2018 at 8:40 AM, Psimbo said:

You still end up going inside anyway- trying to order when one does not speak Thai is a bit awkward. You never know what you will end up with, iff anything. Drive throughs are just for lazy gits.

A donut is a donut, just show with your fingers how many you want.

Child obesity is becoming a problem in China and Thailand.
The last thing they need is another American  junk food crap  'drive through.'
Hopefully Asian kids wont be -dumbed down-  like the  Americans.

Try plugging donut and thru into Merriam-Webster dot com

On 9/12/2018 at 4:15 PM, Esso49 said:

Its amassing that people on this forum actually try to have a serious discussion on something that is nothing other than Junk food . 

In case you didn't know, DD is more known for its coffee and drinks menu rather than donuts and junk food.  It is trying to directly compete with Starbucks.  I hardly expect anyone on TV to be knowledgeable about the restaurant industry so I thought I would take this opportunity to educate you.  https://today.yougov.com/topics/food/articles-reports/2017/08/08/Dunkin-Donuts-seeks-to-compete-on-coffee

Edited by zaphod reborn

Arabian coffee?

From Wikipedia:

Arabic coffee (Arabicقهوة عربية‎, translit. qahwah arabiyyaArabic pronunciation: [ˈqah.wa ʕaraˈbijːah] (About this sound listen)) refers to a version of the brewed coffee of Coffea arabica beans. Arabic coffee is typically grown at a height of 1000 to 2000 meters, and represents about 60-70% of the coffee industry in the world[1][2]. Most Arab countries throughout the Middle East have developed unique methods for brewing and preparing coffee. Cardamom is an often-added spice,[3] but it can alternatively be served plain (Arabic: قهوة سادة‎, translit. qahwah sādahlit. 'plain coffee').

Arabic coffee
A dallah a traditional Arabic coffee pot with cups and coffee beans.jpg
dallah is a traditional Arabic coffee pot with cups and coffee beans
Alternative names Qahwah arabiyya
Type Coffea arabica
Course Drink
Place of origin Yemen
Region or state Middle East
Associated national cuisine Middle Eastern cuisine
Invented 15th century
Serving temperature Hot

There are mainly two types of Arabic coffee; one with a golden colour made mainly in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf region, and the other is black.

There are several different styles to brewing the coffee depending on the preference of the drinker. Some methods keep the coffee light, which usually contains cardamom, whereas others can make it dark. Arabic coffee is bitter, and typically no sugar is added. It is usually served in a small cup that is adorned with a decorative pattern, known as a finjān. Culturally, Arabic coffee is served during family gatherings or when receiving guests.

Arabic coffee is ingrained within Middle Eastern and Arab culture and tradition, and is the most popular form of coffee brewed in the Middle East. It originated in the Middle East, beginning in Yemen and eventually travelling to Mecca (Hejaz), Egypt, the Levant, and then, in the mid-16th century, to Turkey.[4] Arabic coffee is an Intangible Cultural Heritageof Arab states confirmed by UNESCO.[5]

Arabica perhaps?