How much are new medium sized Ipads?

BurgerGung

Buying from the official Apple owned store was recommended. Do they have an online business? What's the Apple Care (?) cover costing? I've read here that it will be worth it...

Am going to travel and have a very heavy Windoze notebook. An Ipad would be so many things in one. Good camera, ..., ... weighting about 10% of that big & bulky notebook.

IMG_1801.PNG.4bd4e15db89a2ebcc0ddd4ff6434c478.PNG

I buy online from Apple Thailand using my Apple ID. Free delivery. Additional Apple icare support is ฿2800 - personally I never bother with icare on iPads as you get one year cover anyway. I only get it for laptops.

9.7” iPad with 32gb, WiFi and can use with Apple Pencil is ฿11,500. Very good value, unlike the phones!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 12" iPad and am very pleased with it.

Marvellous screen and many folks have commented on it's light weight.

john

I do wonder if it's possible to transfer info from my Desktop iMac to the iPad using the lightning to USB cable ?

"Anyone else on their 10th video trying to find out how to transfer from mac to ipad? <deleted> is it this hard?"

Looks like i am not the only person trying to find out how to transfer from iMac to iPad, it's not simple. Onest.

john

I tried to move 1 photo by Airdrop. Failed but about a dozen that I had not selected moved over to the iPad.

Baffled.

Asked about the Scandisk and top of page was

This Product is no longer available.

john

I will keep hunting, cheers.

Thank you Andrew just downloaded.

john

I use it mainly as I dl movies and series on my laptop and then load up my iPad, easy then to pop in the earphones and watch something I can understand while the gf is engrossed in the Thai soap.

I do convert videos to mkv format as I found that it’s easier to file them in sendanywhere, other formats get put in amongst the photos.

I tried to move 1 photo by Airdrop. Failed but about a dozen that I had not selected moved over to the iPad.
Baffled.
Asked about the Scandisk and top of page was
This Product is no longer available.

john
I will keep hunting, cheers.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/ixpand

They sell these in pretty much all of the Apple resellers in Thailand. Very, very handy. I’ve got two of the older 64gb rectangular versions. I normally load them up with movies/tv shows that aren’t on Netflix and watch them directly from the device while it’s plugged into my iPad. You can also download them to your device, if you want.

Also, when my Mrs bought a new iPad we transferred all of her photos/videos from her old iPad using this device as she doesn’t use iCloud back up. The application that installs with the iXpand device helps you do all this.

DMC1, can you confirm that I will be able to move photos and files from IMAC to my IPAD with  

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/ixpand.

john

Yes, should be fine. I generally download movies/tv stuff on my MacBook Pro and then transfer them onto the usb stick to watch on my iPad. I have also used it to transfer photos/videos from one iPad to another. If you purchase the Sandisk then you download the app which allows you to perform all the different tasks. It will play most movie formats directly from the device.

Within the device app there is also a feature which automatically backs up your photos and maybe files every time you plug it in. I personally don’t bother with this.

I use Dropbox (free version)... this allows me a folder on my MacBook that anything placed inside the folder can be accessed by my iPhone & iPad via their app 

btw the 2gb of free space they give you can be increased to 18gb of free space - just do a eBay search for Dropbox ~$8-9 for lifetime space