Palestinian stabs U.S.-Israeli citizen to death at West Bank mall

webfact

I have no skin in this game, not being Israeli or Palestinian. Amazing how a petty Middle East conflict dominates World politics. Take the big powers away from both sides and I guess they would agree a compromise. It is, after all, a tribal conflict at heart.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nausea said:

I have no skin in this game, not being Israeli or Palestinian. Amazing how a petty Middle East conflict dominates World politics. Take the big powers away from both sides and I guess they would agree a compromise. It is, after all, a tribal conflict at heart.

If you take big powers away, Palestinians will starve to death as they have been living off International aid for over half a century 

1 hour ago, nausea said:

There was no such involvement for quite a while, to begin with. Didn't seem to have much bearing on either conflict resolution or violence.

12 hours ago, BestB said:

If you take big powers away, Palestinians will starve to death as they have been living off International aid for over half a century 

Yes instead of working hard to build a better land ,they are like those all male immegrants coming to the west ,for handouts ,instead of working to build better lands where they are .

6 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Thank God Mr. Trump cut off the US taxpayers aid to these Muslim terrorists.

Let them beg off Saudi Arabia or some of their other brethren who give 2 farts 

about their superfluous plight.

Saudi’s do not care and never did, which leaves either turkey or Iran.

last thing Iran interested in is helping them to develop but happy to arm them. And turkey as usual does more talking than doing.

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

Saudi’s do not care and never did, which leaves either turkey or Iran.

last thing Iran interested in is helping them to develop but happy to arm them. And turkey as usual does more talking than doing.

Factually untrue. Saudi Arabia provided, and provides financial support for the Palestinians. Diplomatic support as well, some very constructive, some the usual fare. As to "care", countries usually act according to interests, rather than altruistic drives.

A whole lot of other financial aid is provided by Qatar, and previously UAE.

In this regard, both Turkey and Iran are relative newcomers when it comes to supporting the Palestinians. And both currently face economic woes.

Further, casting things as aid to the "Palestinians" is inaccurate, and been that way for a while now. Some countries (like Iran) support one faction (Hamas), but not the other (PA), whereas other players (such as Saudi Arabia) do the opposite. Qatar (and Turkey, to the extent it can afford it) is one of the few countries providing aid still maintaining a working relationship with both (same goes for Egypt, as far as diplomacy and negotiations are concerned).

Doesn't have a whole lot to do with the OP, though.

I am sorry that a 40 year old man has needlessly lost his life leaving 4 orphans.

I am sorry that a 17 year old will probably spend the rest of his life in prison.

I am sorry that his parents who tried to prevent the killing by warning the PA and IDF, will now have their home bulldozed as a form of illegal collective punishment reminiscent of darker regimes in history. Intelligence have pointed out it is counterproductive and only incites more violence. What incentive is that for whistleblowers trying to prevent future bloodshed?

Also note where the killing took place...the illegally occupied West Bank.

When Israel ends its illegal occupation such incidents will end too.

All of it sadly preventable.

4 minutes ago, dexterm said:

I am sorry that a 40 year old man has needlessly lost his life leaving 4 orphans.

I am sorry that a 17 year old will probably spend the rest of his life in prison.

I am sorry that his parents who tried to prevent the killing by warning the PA and IDF, will now have their home bulldozed as a form of illegal collective punishment reminiscent of darker regimes in history. Intelligence have pointed out it is counterproductive and only incites more violence. What incentive is that for whistleblowers trying to prevent future bloodshed?

So in summary,Arabs should be free and safe to roam anywhere in Israel but should a Jew be found in an Arab suburb then not only it’s ok to kill him but also Jews fault for being there ?

And to put a cherry on top you are also sad that an attacker will spend his life in jail .

you reap what you sow.

everyday lots of Palestinian are gettign killed, their homes and land are stolen and basically they lives are getting screwed by a rogue state called Israel.

and its citizens pay the price. sorry, you cannot complain if you support this bloody maniacs ruling israel.

still RIP for the deceased.

42 minutes ago, Galactus said:

you reap what you sow.

everyday lots of Palestinian are gettign killed, their homes and land are stolen and basically they lives are getting screwed by a rogue state called Israel.

and its citizens pay the price. sorry, you cannot complain if you support this bloody maniacs ruling israel.

still RIP for the deceased.

It’s interesting because according to some Israel is their home and their lands , so you saying double stealing?

but yeah sorry for those who get caught in a murder or violent attacks , and they get punished   But I guess as you said, you reap what you sow.

7 hours ago, Morch said:

Factually untrue. Saudi Arabia provided, and provides financial support for the Palestinians. Diplomatic support as well, some very constructive, some the usual fare. As to "care", countries usually act according to interests, rather than altruistic drives.

A whole lot of other financial aid is provided by Qatar, and previously UAE.

In this regard, both Turkey and Iran are relative newcomers when it comes to supporting the Palestinians. And both currently face economic woes.

Further, casting things as aid to the "Palestinians" is inaccurate, and been that way for a while now. Some countries (like Iran) support one faction (Hamas), but not the other (PA), whereas other players (such as Saudi Arabia) do the opposite. Qatar (and Turkey, to the extent it can afford it) is one of the few countries providing aid still maintaining a working relationship with both (same goes for Egypt, as far as diplomacy and negotiations are concerned).

Doesn't have a whole lot to do with the OP, though.

I do not have a link now but stay tuned , will find it. What Saudi had to say about Palestinians 

7 hours ago, dexterm said:

I seriously doubt anyone following your posting history finds the above even half-way believable. Not after thousands (literally) of rants and diatribes demonizing Israel and Israelis as the worst. And that's without even bringing up them times you justified such actions (yeah, go ahead and do that faux indignation and denial bit - we've been over it many times).

As for your run-of-the-mill nonsense regarding violence stopping if only Israel did this or that - there was Palestinian violence on offer way before the Israeli occupation became a fact, and way before the first illegal settlement came up.

You wouldn't (and you do not) have a clue as to whether this was preventable.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

I do not have a link now but stay tuned , will find it. What Saudi had to say about Palestinians 

You could save us all the irrelevant off-topic foray. The Palestinians are not generally well-liked, or well-thought of in the ME. This goes even with regard to countries supporting them financially and otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

You could save us all the irrelevant off-topic foray. The Palestinians are not generally well-liked, or well-thought of in the ME. This goes even with regard to countries supporting them financially and otherwise.

Well very sorry your highness if I have material to show your opinion to be wrong .We could not have that , could we ?

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Well very sorry your highness if I have material to show your opinion to be wrong .We could not have that , could we ?

Wrong how? I'm not contradicting the claim that there are such negative opinions about the Palestinians. But it doesn't necessarily translate to not providing or withholding assistance. Either way, not what this topic is about.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I seriously doubt anyone following your posting history finds the above even half-way believable. Not after thousands (literally) of rants and diatribes demonizing Israel and Israelis as the worst. And that's without even bringing up them times you justified such actions (yeah, go ahead and do that faux indignation and denial bit - we've been over it many times).

As for your run-of-the-mill nonsense regarding violence stopping if only Israel did this or that - there was Palestinian violence on offer way before the Israeli occupation became a fact, and way before the first illegal settlement came up.

You wouldn't (and you do not) have a clue as to whether this was preventable.

Doubt all you like. Your opinion is irrelevant.

My legitimate criticism of the current right wing government of Israel when it frequently behaves badly is motivated by a genuine compassion for those who suffer on both sides, an end to injustice, and a desire to see both peoples peacefully coexisting.

I can empathize with the grief those children and his family are now feeling at the loss of their father just as keenly as the relatives of all others unnecessarily killed in this conflict.

As I can understand the grief of the 17 year old's parents who loved their son just as much and tried to prevent the tragedy, now made homeless in a pointless collective punishment by the IDF for their troubles.

1 minute ago, dexterm said:

My legitimate criticism of the current right wing government of Israel when it frequently behaves badly is motivated by a genuine compassion for those who suffer on both sides, an end to injustice, and a desire to see both peoples peacefully coexisting.

I can empathize with the grief those children and his family are now feeling at the loss of their father just as keenly as the relatives of all others unnecessarily killed in this conflict.

As I can understand the grief of the 17 year old's parents who loved their son just as much and tried to prevent the tragedy, now made homeless in a pointless collective punishment by the IDF for their troubles.

My opinion is supported by your numerous "contributions" to these topics, which are rather persistent in the hate-department. Irrelevant, it is not.

Your faux "compassion" is a relatively new thing, probably brought about by repeated instances in which you were shown to express other views. You may wish to deny or ignore it, but facts are facts.

Self congratulate yourself all you like. Shall I bring up the word "toddler" and your objection to its used with regard to another Palestinian attack? Or perhaps, blaming another US citizen, killed in another Palestinian attack, of "assisting the occupation" and therefore being fair game? There are more of these, of course. Deny and spin to your "compassionate" heart's content.

8 hours ago, dexterm said:

learn.jpg

On 9/17/2018 at 12:34 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

If the Israelis (in general) wouldn't treat the Palestinians like $#it then maybe the Palestinians wouldn't fight back.

The word should unite against Israel and it's racist politics. But then again POTUS, one of the biggest racists, is on their side.

Its the Jews who are fighting supported by all all democracy activist and anti fascists around the world. There are plenty of Arabs in the Israeli parliament. There are no Jews in Muslim parliaments...Ah.. there are no democratic elected muslim parliaments...

8 hours ago, Morch said:

My opinion is supported by your numerous "contributions" to these topics, which are rather persistent in the hate-department. Irrelevant, it is not.

Your faux "compassion" is a relatively new thing, probably brought about by repeated instances in which you were shown to express other views. You may wish to deny or ignore it, but facts are facts.

Self congratulate yourself all you like. Shall I bring up the word "toddler" and your objection to its used with regard to another Palestinian attack? Or perhaps, blaming another US citizen, killed in another Palestinian attack, of "assisting the occupation" and therefore being fair game? There are more of these, of course. Deny and spin to your "compassionate" heart's content.

Selective compassion. = Jew bad - muslim good! Its important these latter day fascists do not get a hold on forums like this. Nazis disguised as liberals.

$1.7 million is cheap compensation for a lifetime of homelessness for the parents.

Perhaps if Israel did not impose illegal collective punishment on the parents who were trying to do the right thing to prevent the tragedy, then there would be no need for funds to help them.

1 minute ago, dexterm said:

$1.7 million is cheap compensation for a lifetime of homelessness for the parents.

Perhaps if Israel did not impose illegal collective punishment on the parents who were trying to do the right thing to prevent the tragedy, then there would be no need for funds to help them.

Or getting lifetime payouts from a terrorist fund is a big incentive for these repeatedly cowardly acts

as they are going to be living high on the hog now.

Your thought process is again greatly flawed, you need to see the light.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Archived