bike insurance

Joinaman

so still a small amount of cover
may as well self cover for what its worth

For medical yes its mostly covering yourself. But with 1st class you have the 300k bail bond and 500k/10m cover. The daft thing appears to be that you can only get 1st class on a motorbike for maybe the first 3 years. That's what i read on the online quotes, but could be wrong

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
33 minutes ago, Joinaman said:
so still a small amount of cover
may as well self cover for what its worth

For medical yes its mostly covering yourself. But with 1st class you have the 300k bail bond and 500k/10m cover. The daft thing appears to be that you can only get 1st class on a motorbike for maybe the first 3 years. That's what i read on the online quotes, but could be wrong

Yep i think you're right about the 3 years only.

For the 10M cover it's for 3rd party damages / injuries anyway, you only have 50K for yourself, fine if you just broke your leg or just need dressing wounds.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, Joinaman said:

ok guys, thanks for the replies,

looks like i will go for this then.

Just never heard of not covering the list price in the case of right off, and not sure what the level of medical will cover, a few plasters and stitches ?

You're bike is never worth full list price once bought.

I think 80% of list price is normal.

• 3 months later...

Hello Folks,

I am planning a visit to Chiang Mai and am planning to rent a big bike for touring around northern Thailand for a week.  I am having difficulty finding a US insurance company that will cover motorcycle rentals in Thailand (they cover cars, not motorcycles).  Is there a Thai insurance company that sells these kinds of policies (Type 1 - full coverage) for motorcycle rentals?  Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Rask said:

Is there a Thai insurance company that sells these kinds of policies (Type 1 - full coverage) for motorcycle rentals? 

when shopping for my last bike, I visited 5 or 6 companies for rental bike insurance.

Answer from all - NO

Basic insurance provided - you damage it, you pay. It gets written off - you pay. It gets stolen - you pay

8 hours ago, Rask said:

Is there a Thai insurance company that sells these kinds of policies (Type 1 - full coverage) for motorcycle rentals?  Any advise would be much appreciated.

On new bikes in Thailand you can get a reasonable cover but I don't think full coverage.

I just got voluntary insurance cover for my bike for theft but it's only in it's 2nd year old.

You can get extra voluntary cover of capped amounts for own damage and 3rd party's from bike insurers and you also have the Thai gov CTPL cover which covers certain amount.

I am with Siam City Insurance 02-202-9500.

Hello Folks,
I am planning a visit to Chiang Mai and am planning to rent a big bike for touring around northern Thailand for a week.  I am having difficulty finding a US insurance company that will cover motorcycle rentals in Thailand (they cover cars, not motorcycles).  Is there a Thai insurance company that sells these kinds of policies (Type 1 - full coverage) for motorcycle rentals?  Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

i know a motorbike rental company that offers 1st class insurance if required. Message me if you want it and I'll try to dig out their thread on another forum