doors, Thais and lights

catman20

48 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Not just Thai's.  But never mind about never turning off lights, why don't many of them turn their lights on when driving at night ?

I asked this question once of an older village guy, he said ......" it saves fuel, and the bulbs last longer" 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I asked this question once of an older village guy, he said ......" it saves fuel, and the bulbs last longer" 

Why is that funny? I take my glasses off to read so I dont wear them out!

I’ve not been here long and realize consumer products are mostly inferior to what I’m used to but I have repaired or replaced a lot of fan push button and pull string switches along with plug extension power strips, even the higher quality ones.
She wears every switch out but it’s hard to argue as she’s doing it to save on electricity, including the vampire draw or safety.
I thought about discussing the price of the annual kilowatt cost versus me fixing or buying new devices but that’s a little tricky. Then there’s the safety issue (which is a legitimate concern here) she can fall back on so now I just try play along.

It works like this. If you hand over the money separately for her to pay the power bill then the lights will be left on.

If you provide an all-up monthly allowance which includes her being responsible for the power bill then the lights will be turned off. 

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

you trained her

Yep + 2 daughters.....

One evening I went and used a side bathroom off the kitchen that I rarely use....

Come back to find all the lights off, extension cords switched off & doors locked - totally dark inside....

Neither of the girls thought to wonder where dad was.....?

• Haha 2

On 9/19/2018 at 11:46 AM, pgrahmm said:

Yep + 2 daughters.....

Lucky you.

Seven years with no success on the granddaughter.

Especially as I had no support from wife or daughter (mother).

Just angered looks.

Now she is out for college and the power bill down.

Why is this even a consideration with the new LED light bulbs? Most of the night lights I use are 5 watts or under, so there are lights on throughout the house at night. Even the bright lights have low wattage, in the 10 - 20W range if I haven't switched over to LED. It's not like the old days when a 60W incandescent bulb was considered low wattage. Lights on or off won't reflect in my monthly electric bill... that's all down to air conditioning use.