Man arrested for alleged attempted rape of nine-year-old girl at Bangkok temple

webfact

Man arrested for alleged attempted rape of nine-year-old girl at Bangkok temple

By Kornkamon Aksorndech, 
Supachai Phetchthewee 
The Nation

1e8e6ae2686060fbb114885b7da1616b.jpeg

Police have arrested a motorcycle taximan for allegedly luring a nine-year-old girl into a Bangkok temple's toilet on Wednesday in an attempt to rape her.

The alleged incident took place at 5pm at Wat Yoo Dee Bumrungtham (Wat Or Ngern) toilet in Saimai district.

The alleged assault was stopped when the girl screamed for help and a monk, armed with a metal bar, managed to rescue the young girl as her attacker fled.

Based on the description they gave, police questioned the accused man who had been previously arrested for marijuana possession. He gave his name as Ae, although he carried no ID.

Ae, aged in his 40s, reportedly told police that the girl hailed his motorcycle taxi to go to her mother's house in Sukha Pibal 5 area and on the way he made a stop to use the toilet.

He allegedly told the girl to go into the toilet and then locked the door to keep her inside with him while he removed his pants.

The girl screamed and a monk, armed with metal bar, banged on the door prompting the attacker to flee.

Ae, who claimed to be a Suphan Buri native, originally identified himself as Panya Kaewwilai, 45, but that identity was proven false as it belonged to a 14-year-old Thai boy. He eventually admitted that he had never applied for a birth certificate and Thai identification and therefore did not have a Thai ID card, said Sai Mai deputy superintendent Pol Lt Colonel Praphot Anusiri.

Ae has been charged with molesting a minor under 15, taking away a minor from her parents, illegal detention, drunk driving and taking a drug (marijuana).

Police plan to present Ae in front of court on Friday for his first 12-day detention order.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354876

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-20

36 minutes ago, bananafish said:

When I was the same age I made my own way to and from school, which was about a 1 mile walk each way on top of flagging down a bus or taxi when I reached the main road. 

Sure you did but even at that time children went missing and have been abducted.

18 minutes ago, car720 said:

Interesting point.  These maggots seem to be coming out of the woodwork more and more these days or is it that our detection systems are getting better and better or is it that, as with Australia's Richmond Report,  more and more nut cases are just being released out into the streets with no supervision at all.

I think it is a case of both. Also add the information superhighway where we hear about it all virtually instantaneously.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He eventually admitted that he had never applied for a birth certificate and Thai identification and therefore did not have a Thai ID card

So he has never had a Thai motorcycle licence, or been checked by local authorities to get a taxi permit??

53 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

I am subscribed to a person on Youtube who is from England, he actually got into the rave scene in the US some years back, and gradually became a drug kingpin selling E there. Long story short, he got nabbed and did 5-6 years there and has quite the tale to tell. 
On his podcast he had on another Brit who did time in Thailand. This guy said that in the Thai prison system, guys who molest, abuse or rape kids, are left alone, and nobody really bats an eyelid. The only thing that prisoners in Thailand really hate, is if someone has killed their parents. Whereas in the West, if someone goes into prison or jail with a sexual offence, not just against minors but in general, they often have a green light on them, and a 'kill on sight' order put out on them. 

This guy probably will only serve 18 months or something, and he won't be seeing any fists, anywhere on or in his body. For guys like this, I am all for the state to perform castration. 

A few years ago, there was an article online somewhere, that, as you say, child molesters, rapists, tend to be ignored in prison in Thailand... but this article said they are also ignored in prisons in some other countries in that part of the world also.  

Mention was made...again... just like you mention... that the greatest crime was Patricide.   The murder of one's own parents or grandparents. 

If you are in southeast Asia and murder your parents or grandparents....  going to prison is a death sentence.  Don't expect to come out alive.  Other prisoners will probably kill you... or mess you up permanently.

But sick child sexual abusers and rapists tend to be totally ignored in prison by the other prisoners in southeast Asia for some weird reason.    Why ? ? ?   What's with the culture there ? ?   What's the explanation ? 

Child sexual abuse was way down on the list.  Not like in the west where we cherish and protect and defend our children.

Edited by Catoni
Addition
  • Like 1

I had a discussion along these lines with my Thai sister-in-law some years ago. The attitude seems to be that it's in a man's nature to be a sexual predator and there's not much that can be done about it. On the other hand, she regarded girlie magazines as the height of perversion!

3 minutes ago, LoongJohn said:

I had a discussion along these lines with my Thai sister-in-law some years ago. The attitude seems to be that it's in a man's nature to be a sexual predator and there's not much that can be done about it. On the other hand, she regarded girlie magazines as the height of perversion!

It’s common knowledge that In terms of them wanting more than one woman for sex outside marriage etc it’s accepted, but I disagree about being sexual predators as far as children are concerned.

2 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

This idiot's balls should be removed. There are security camera's everywhere as witness.

These kind of people are everywhere in the world. Girl child should be thought how to be safe.

World has changed, idiots wait for the pray everywhere across the globe. Thailand is not the worst.

In US and Europe religious priests pray on young boys and girls, that is unfortunate and religion is slowly dying now.

I don't think the "Religion of Peace" is dying in fact gaining ground all the time, and strangling Christianity  wherever it goes, what's left of Christianity that is of course!

• Like 1