Hong Kong celebrity "confused" after one million baht theft by lady boys in Walking Street

rooster59

Hong Kong celebrity "confused" after one million baht theft by lady boys in Walking Street

42317258_910455945812408_160145303104651264_n.jpg

Image: Pattaya Update News

Pattaya Update News reported that a Hong Kong celebrity had gone to the media early this morning after failing to get his property back after an altercation with a group of lady boys in Walking Street at 5am on Tuesday morning.

The case ended up being dealt with by Pattaya police but he has been left confused after fines were doled out but he didn't get his one million baht of property back.

The media said that Vincent Chen, 32, was walking in the red light area when a group of four lady boys approached him to give them money for a snack.

He didn't want to give them anything but eventually caved in and handed out 500 baht. This perceived meanness enraged the pack who demanded 1,000 baht from the tourist.

A melee broke out and fists started flying on both sides. 

In the confusion a bag he was carrying went missing. It contained 120,000 baht, 5,000 Hong Kong dollars (20,000 baht), a Rolex watch worth 520,000 baht, a gold bracelet worth 400,000 baht and three phones worth 50,000 baht. 

Police managed to break up the fight and fines were doled out at the police station but despite making a full report Mr Chen says he has not got his valuables back.

He said he has evidence in the form of a video of the altercation. 

He said he was confused as to why he has not got his bag back and he wants justice. 

What makes Mr Chen a celebrity was not explained by Pattaya Update News in the story of the incident.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-22

24 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

Do you believe his story?

I have no reason to doubt the HK visitor's story, why would I when it was, apparently, filmed and properly reported to the police and the police were there to intervene?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, petermik said:

Ah ladyboys strike again....now that is unusual in this "world class family resort" :sad:

The whole darned story sounds "unusual," to say the least. I'll be he was well insured and had better have proof of his losses if he intends to claim.   Ladyboys begging for food money!!!!!!   Really?

P.S. ( "approached him to give them money for a snack")    Same difference and just as unlikely.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 2

The government is constantly giving everyone the “Pattaya family resort” blah blah, yet they do absolutely nothing to back up their words.... too many go-go establishments owned by people with stars on their shoulders

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

22 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Doesn't matter, they should be permanently removed from the streets of this "Family Resort". Why are they allowed to roam the streets and harassing tourists?

Not going to happen. Like it or not (and personally I don’t) they are part of the attraction for many and the focal point of many people’s visits. These particular ones are in the minority and need to be dealt with but as far as removing all ladyboys permanently , not a chance. 

16 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

The government is constantly giving everyone the “Pattaya family resort” blah blah, yet they do absolutely nothing to back up their words.... too many go-go establishments owned by people with stars on their shoulders

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Whats up this story has nothing to do with Go=Go bars.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...who carries so much stuff around..."

Those who can afford to have that much stuff, perhaps?

"...since when do packs of ladyboys beg for money for food?"

Where did it say that the LBs "begged"?  It says that they "approached him to give them money for a snack", big difference between that and begging.

same thing, in the UK get " b uy us a  cup of tea mate" or " Any spare change for a  drink"

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Perhaps you can eat your own words.

The practice of imploring others to grant a favor, often a gift of money, with little or no expectation of reciprocation. A person doing such is called a beggar, panhandler, or mendicant. ... in a nutshell the ladyboys begged for money.

No, they didn't, they weren't begging, in or out of your nutshell.  "Begging" suggests a desperate need for something.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I have no reason to doubt the HK visitor's story, why would I when it was, apparently, filmed and properly reported to the police and the police were there to intervene?

Filmed perhaps, but who is to know the contents of what was in the "bag".

I'm sorry, this sounds incredibly suspicious and even if it were true then perhaps he should treat it as a life lesson not to be a knob and carry that sort of cash around with him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, they didn't, they weren't begging, in or out of your nutshell.  "Begging" suggests a desperate need for something.

Some people get it, some people don't, a total stranger asking you for a $ is beggar, in a nutshell,  the Ladyboys were desperate why else would they be asking a total stranger for money, I give up.

Related image

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Some people get it, some people don't, a total stranger asking you for a $ is beggar, in a nutshell,  the Ladyboys were desperate why else would they be asking a total stranger for money, I give up.

Related image

Sometimes he beggars belief

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1