How is Kasikorn online banking?

Thinking of opening a bank account with Kasikorn. I have been using Bangkok bank for a number of years but for various reasons they’re no longer so convenient.
I use online banking with Bangkok bank quite a lot which is usually okay.
So my question is how is Kasikorn online banking?
Positive or negative reports welcome.

I have both Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn.

For the routine stuff (creating payees, doing transfers) I don't see much of a difference.

Bangkok Bank shows account summary after logon while Kasikorn shows useless "interest rates" stuff and you have to click and open the account summary.

When logging off at Kasikorn you get another "are you sure" dialog. Unnecessary in my opinion.

But overall just "bits and bobs" in difference.

If someone finds one or the other better, then please give details.

One highlight at Kasikorn is the "K Web Shopping Card", a virtual debit card for purchase in the internet where CC/debit card is required.

If you look for bad internet banking user interface look at SCB :sleep: .

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Thanks for all these.

I have also experienced too many timeouts on the Bangkok bank website.
In the area where I live their ATMs are often out of order.
My biggest grouse is the fact that they issued me with a “union pay card” which, as far as I can see is next to useless.
I’ll give Kasikorn a try.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

My biggest grouse is the fact that they issued me with a “union pay card” which, as far as I can see is next to useless.

That was indeed a stupid decision driving many people away.

There was some rumor they would start issuing Mastercard from next year.

My VISA is valid until 2021.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another plus for Kasikorn: I can't remember their site being overloaded (timeout etc.).

Currently Bangkok Bank with repeated timeouts.

Yes, I have never had a timeout in nearly daily use for 8 years now. 

I'd go a step further than say K-Bank online is OK. I think it is very good and a pleasure to use.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That was indeed a stupid decision driving many people away.

There was some rumor they would start issuing Mastercard from next year.

My VISA is valid until 2021.

Citibank did that to me. They changed my Visa debit cards to Mastercards, mid-expiry.  

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

One highlight at Kasikorn is the "K Web Shopping Card", a virtual debit card for purchase in the internet where CC/debit card is required.

If you look for bad internet banking user interface look at SCB :sleep: .

Yes, the SCB site isn’t very good and quite a few payments and transfers just timeout. 

Can the K Web Shopping Card be used to pay for continuous payments in another country?  I’d like to move my medical insurance over to my local bank, but neither SCB or Citibank debit cards can handle this simple task. 

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I refer to the PC site.

I almost never do financial stuff on the mobile.

Maybe the OP will specify what device he is using.

Mobile is more secure using data instead of wireless, get a Samsung with biometrics and there is no safer way of doing banking online.

You can pay for stuff just by scanning QR codes or bar codes, transfer money to any Thai accounts and banks, pay your water and electric bill, shop online with Lazada and you have a record of every payment right there in your pocket anywhere you go.

I have never experienced anything this convenient. Seriously, K Plus from Kasikorn is fantastic.. 

Kasikorn shows useless "interest rates" stuff and you have to click and open the account summary.

You can change the default screen it shows.

I'd like them to offer free text alerts for withdrawals as security. The online banking sends an email when you login which is better than nothing i guess
  • Like 1

I use Kasikorn online banking via both laptop and android phone. Works fine. I use it to pay bills, make transfers etc. They use onetime passwords sent SMS to your phone so you need to update your settings if you change phone numbers and if out of the country make sure you still have your Thai Sim and roaming activated so you can receive SMS. Those are about the only caveats I can think of, it is pretty smooth and painless to use. You get emailed confirmations of all bill payments and transfers.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I use Kasikorn online banking via both laptop and android phone. Works fine. I use it to pay bills, make transfers etc. They use onetime passwords sent SMS to your phone so you need to update your settings if you change phone numbers and if out of the country make sure you still have your Thai Sim and roaming activated so you can receive SMS. Those are about the only caveats I can think of, it is pretty smooth and painless to use. You get emailed confirmations of all bill payments and transfers.

I had the SMS PW set up about 10 years ago.. but have since changed my phone number.  How do I change the number, or go back to a Pin2 system.  I've asked in branch but they can''t seem to (or don't want to) help.

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can change the default screen it shows.

I'd like them to offer free text alerts for withdrawals as security. The online banking sends an email when you login which is better than nothing i guess

I have text alerts for withdrawals. I think you set it up at the ATM.

I had the SMS PW set up about 10 years ago.. but have since changed my phone number.  How do I change the number, or go back to a Pin2 system.  I've asked in branch but they can''t seem to (or don't want to) help.
On the home page after you log in, click at the top on "profile settings" then select the security password option. That will provide instructions for changing phone number (you have to download and complete a form and bring it to any branch aling with your oassport and photocopy of face page).

I think you can also do the change from SMD vetification at same section but I've never tried.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GBK said:

Yes, the SCB site isn’t very good and quite a few payments and transfers just timeout. 

Can the K Web Shopping Card be used to pay for continuous payments in another country?  I’d like to move my medical insurance over to my local bank, but neither SCB or Citibank debit cards can handle this simple task. 

Not sure if it is Kasikorn, SCB, or both as haven't logged in for quite a while, but I ad real problems for a while. Found out it was my AdBlocker. Have to turn it off to do any online (web) banking. don't have that problem with BKKBK. 

On 9/23/2018 at 11:36 AM, KhunBENQ said:

If you look for bad internet banking user interface look at SCB 

advantage of scb u can open and close 1 additional account online.  Good if you want someone to pay you directly then close it after without fear of your bank acct number floating around.  scb also offer virtual cc which is only good in thailand but you can pay ur bills easily with this.

Double thumbs up with kasikorn and virtual card works internationaly nicely with purchasing online and u can cancel after not having worring about your cc floating around on the net.

5 hours ago, GBK said:

Yes, you can use the K-Web Shopping Card for anything you can use a normal debit card for. You get a number, expiry date and a CVV, so no one at the other end would think it's any different than a regular debit card. The expiry on my current K-Web card is 2020, so you have long expiries too, and without the need to renew it when it expires as that process is automatic. You can adjust the spending limit to any amount between 0 - 100k online. I expect you can have it increased too if you wish, but you'd have to contact customer service to do that.

Edited by tropo

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, swoods58 said:
I have text alerts for withdrawals. I think you set it up at the ATM.

Yeah its 20 baht a month or 200 a year, but they should offer it for free as its a security measure

Free would be nice, but for 200 a year, it gives me some peace of mind.

I find the desktop app a bit of again, but the mobile app is simple - one thing though, in Pattaya, I can't scan an electricity bill to pay it. Anyone know why?

Edited by DefaultName
  • Like 1