TM28/TM 30 Jomtien Immigration.

I moved into a rented property in Pattaya coming up for nearly 3 years,  I went to Immigration at Jomtien to report my change off address when I moved in. I was unaware I should have reported the change within 24 hours, I was ‘detained’ for over 2 hours and threatened with a 3500 baht fine. After much deliberation they stapled the paper in my passport and said I have a ‘bad’ owner, I didn’t get fined.

I called the owner, she was unaware about TM30 reporting,I had tried to contact her when I was there but she didn’t answer her phone and told her she needed to go to Immigration. She called me the following day and wanted me to go with her, nope I have my paper, not sure if she went.

i do 4 return trips too the UK never spending more than 90 days in Thailand, I use an agent for my Extension of Stay renewal and my Re Entry Permit. Lazy yes and no, it’s down to my experience with the TM 28 where I was treated like a criminal and quizzed for over 2 hours.

My next stay in Pattaya will be more than 90 days so I will have to do a 90 Report, will I get pulled for not informing Immigration of my comings and goings in the previous 2 years, I always return too the same address.

The owner is unaware of my comings and goings, this is her only property and she spends most of her time abroad so I have no contact with her.

3 hours ago, Thailand J said:

In your case you did not file in the beginning hence the hassle.

I believe he did file originally.

9 hours ago, jamie2009 said:

After much deliberation they stapled the paper in my passport and said I have a ‘bad’ owner, I didn’t get fined.

11 hours ago, jamie2009 said:

I called the owner, she was unaware about TM30 reporting

He did not report on time when he moved 3 years ago to Pattaya, and apparently the owner did not report neither. No wonder he  was questioned , can't blame the immigration office.

Edited by Thailand J

44 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

He did not report on time when he moved 3 years ago to Pattaya, and apparently the owner did not report neither. No wonder he  was questioned , can't blame the immigration office.

It’s not publicised by Immigration about reporting, they should be giving flyers out when they give you the Arrival/Departure Card to complete on the flight. 

What I am asking as I have not reported since then will I be fined when I do my 90 Day Report or my renewal of my Extenstion of Stay ?

• Like 1

Jomtien immigration did say around 6 months ago that there was no need to report your address if you had done it previously and I think this is still the position. 

If you are that concerned about them changing their stance and receiving a fine which used to be 1600 Baht then I suggest you make the report. Otherwise don't bother and you'll find out when you do your 90 day report. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamie2009 said:

It’s not publicised by Immigration about reporting, they should be giving flyers out when they give you the Arrival/Departure Card to complete on the flight. 

Agree entirely - there should be a big warning handout in large-type red-print handed to every visitor, letting them know that they must ensure their hotel/landlord re-report their address - even if the same one they just put on their TM-6 card - and then ensure they are re-reported for every move within the country where they stay overnight to the local immigration office (conforming to the inconsistent rules used at each office).

Or, they could simply say, "If you are staying at the address you put on your TM-6 Card, you need do nothing else, because you have already reported your address."

1 hour ago, jamie2009 said:

What I am asking as I have not reported since then will I be fined when I do my 90 Day Report or my renewal of my Extenstion of Stay ? 

Reports indicate the Retirement-desk will not look for a TM-30, but many other desks do look for it.  The 90-day report desk may not ask.  But, if I had not consistently supplied a TM-30, I would mail in my 90-days report.

If using an Agent for extensions, many normal rules do not apply when they submit documents.  In general, if you can avoid going into the office, you don't have to deal with this issue.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:33 PM, Tanoshi said:

Mixed bag of reports for Jomtien re filing the TM30.

If your concerned about fines why don't you file the TM30 on your return trips from abroad.

It's not entirely the responsibility of your landlady.

Yes, by law it IS the responsibility of your landlord.

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

Regardless of how you parse terms like "house-master" and who is really responsible - you will not get service at some desks at that office without a TM-30 on-file and/or a fine being paid if late. 

There is no where to appeal such things, because there is no enforcement by superiors of consistent rules at immigration offices, checkpoints, etc.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

The law states:

The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

The House Master is also defined by law as;

Any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Unless your sharing the living accommodation with your landlord, then just which part of possessor or tenant do you think doesn't apply to you.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:33 PM, Tanoshi said:

Mixed bag of reports for Jomtien re filing the TM30.

If your concerned about fines why don't you file the TM30 on your return trips from abroad.

It's not entirely the responsibility of your landlady.

It  IS   the responsability of the landlady.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fak119 said:

It  IS   the responsability of the landlady.

No it isn't, read the law, although I can't make you understand the words 'possessor' or 'tenant'.

Possessor, meaning, a person who takes, occupies, or holds something without necessarily having ownership, or as distinguished from the owner.

Tenant, meaning, a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.