Trump Supreme Court nominee rejects 'false accusations'

webfact

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

Then why isn't the good judge demanding the allegations be investigated with all his might?

because you dont interfere with your enemies when they are diggin their own holes. the burden off proof or testimony or getting an investigation is on the accusers.  not his.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

because you dont interfere with your enemies when they are diggin their own holes. the burden off proof or testimony or getting an investigation is on the accusers.  not his.

Nonsense, even if he gets approved there will always be a cloud hanging over him.

With the burden of proof on his accusers, all the more reason to insist on an investigation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nonsense, even if he gets approved there will always be a cloud hanging over him.

With the burden of proof on his accusers, all the more reason to insist on an investigation.

agree,

do investigate - clear the clouds

that the chap opposes may be a sign he has smth to hide - dunno

no rush, USofA has managed a few hundred years without BK in SC,

can probably manage a wee while longer

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

nah americans move on to the next scandal or tv show. see bill clinton or dennis hastert(convicted rapist pedo former speaker of the house). I suspect the only people who will remember will be the politically active people who stand to gain from obstructing the nominee. even then only if they succeed.

She is scheduled to read a written statement today. maybe in an hour

her statement opens with her academic credentials (akaname dropping) lol

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408614-read-kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-fords-prepared-remarks-for-thursday

6 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

nah americans move on to the next scandal or tv show. see bill clinton or dennis hastert(convicted rapist pedo former speaker of the house). I suspect the only people who will remember will be the politically active people who stand to gain from obstructing the nominee. even then only if they succeed.

She is scheduled to read a written statement today. maybe in an hour

her statement opens with her academic credentials (akaname dropping) lol

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408614-read-kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-fords-prepared-remarks-for-thursday

Disagree with you, but that's your opinion.

But you only addressed the first part of my post, ignoring the second part: with the burden of proof on the accusers, all the more reason to insist on an investigation.

4 minutes ago, Slip said:

Thanks very much for the reply: I have to agree completely with stevenl.  If it was me I would be determined to prove my accusers wrong and clear this scurrilous blight hanging over my entire SC career. I find his reticence suspicious to say the least.

He has ready been well smeared, I doubt an,fbi report stating he said she said

will make a difference in the anti trump crowd. they are going to testify in an hour.

1 minute ago, Srinivas said:

He has ready been well smeared, I doubt an,fbi report stating he said she said

will make a difference in the anti trump crowd. they are going to testify in an hour.

they are going to testify in an hour.

Because the GOP are in a massive hurry to force the nomination to fruition for some reason.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Disagree with you, but that's your opinion.

But you only addressed the first part of my post, ignoring the second part: with the burden of proof on the accusers, all the more reason to insist on an investigation.

not when the clock is running out. but either way has its pros and cons 

if you give an inch to your lets say a  false accuser, they will take a foot.

false accusers depend on you becoming defensive, it will encourage them even more.

To insist on an,investigation at the 11th hour, when Fienstien had this info months ago is very telling imo.

3 minutes ago, Slip said:

Because the GOP are in a massive hurry to force the nomination to fruition for some reason.

For sure there are reasons to push this through at this time. as are reasons to halt it.  the allegations are techniques to halt the procedures.

this game is not about Dr.Ford or judge k imo, it's about whats yet to come.

17 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

false accusers depend on you becoming defensive, it will encourage them even more.

To insist on an,investigation at the 11th hour, when Fienstien had this info months ago is very telling imo.

Clock is not running out.

10 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm an apolitical/atheist, but let's face it, in the absence of religion, which has largely gone by the wayside in Western countries, politics has become the new religion. People will "testify" to almost anything and ignore almost everything if it confirms their belief system.

Personal politics aside, if i had to bet whether the guy did some questionable stuff that the general public would deem uncouth, i am betting yes. People are signing sworn statements. One of them is a professor. I am betting the guy is going down too; guilty or innocent. And that is not a hope, just a guess. 

45 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

The GOP clock.  What was that about the removal of double jeopardy vote coming up soon again?

The foot they take will be the foot that hangs them (with apologies for mixed metaphors).

False accusers would be best dealt with by rebutting their claims in a publicly humiliating away.  (See M Avenatti for a master class in this).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slip said:

The GOP clock.  What was that about the removal of double jeopardy vote coming up soon again?

The foot they take will be the foot that hangs them (with apologies for mixed metaphors).

False accusers would be best dealt with by rebutting their claims in a publicly humiliating away.  (See M Avenatti for a master class in this).

going live soon

• Like 1

Ford is coming off very believable as far as I am concerned. I cannot really relate with not being able to remember how she got home from the evening in question however. I suppose anything is possible, but that just does not add up to me. What if someone cut off your thumb 30 years ago and asked how you got to the hospital, it seems like that stuff would be easy to remember. 

46 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Ford is coming off very believable as far as I am concerned. I cannot really relate with not being able to remember how she got home from the evening in question however. I suppose anything is possible, but that just does not add up to me. What if someone cut off your thumb 30 years ago and asked how you got to the hospital, it seems like that stuff would be easy to remember. 

I thought she is doing a good job talking in a timid 15 year old,voice. 

thats rich for an established professor.

also has selective memory, doesnt remember recent things either.

also flew a lot just fine but used her,claustrophobia as excuse.

also she wanted/expected anonymity for this accusation to have weight? thats just not believable.

just my take but I'm biased with the last minute thing though that could be the democrat move and not hers.

she'd be better served without these two lawyers and that massive body guard.

finding this,kids safeway record helps her establish what exactly?

round 2 

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

It doesn't seem at all unlikely to me that someone in a state of emotional shock would pay ittle attention to what was going on around her.

12 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

finding this,kids safeway record helps her establish what exactly?

round 2 

Ms. Ford recalls roughly how long after the incident where she was violently sexually assaulted by that man and the time she ran into his party animal buddy at the Safeway. For an elite boy that grocery store job must have been temporary. So that can better establish the timeline for the party. 

Duh. 

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Ms. Ford recalls roughly how long after the incident where she was violently sexually assaulted by that man and the time she ran into his party animal buddy at the Safeway. For an elite boy that grocery store job must have been temporary. So that can better establish the timeline for the party. 

Duh. 

she cant even remember when she took the polygraph

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Srinivas said:

she cant even remember when she took the polygraph

She could within a day. Dude -- we get it. You're totally biased. Objectively -- she is coming off as very, very credible. She is telling the truth and the world knows it now. Deal with that. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

She could within a day. Dude -- we get it. You're totally biased. Objectively -- she is coming off as very, very credible. She is telling the truth and the world knows it now. Deal with that. 

ive no idea what the whole world sees, now that wouldnt be credible to,claim ????dude.i

if dems get their way they get their way.

if they dont they dont.  I'm waiting for fisa docs and all the rest coming down.

enjoy the show.????

56 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Probably, but that she was in "fear of being raped/killed" sounds an awful lot like what police officers say every time they shoot an unarmed black kid with no consequences. It's the "get out of jail free card".  Some concurrent reporting of same (to family, friends, authorities) would go a long way to cementing her credibility.

• Like 1