Junta replaces Pattaya Mayor by article 44

snoop1130

14 hours ago, BestB said:

This family built this city, know everything about the city and ran it really well.

when it was handed over to a general , city turned to ghost town with lots of empty spaces.

yes I do think one of the reasons is taxes, legal and otherwise .

what you do not know and article does not say is that all “important “ people of Pattaya knew about this about 10 days ago and had a big buffet dinner with the new mayor.

so this did not happen over night 

I agree and preferred the old Pattaya too. Many members on here fell for the whole "Greens will End Corruption" scam. Graft just went into different pockets. Pattaya is meant to be a party town. Thailand has many beach areas within easy driving distance of Bangkok that can be made family resorts. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, champers said:

Army man out and a local civilian in, a career politician from the look of it. A very interesting development with an eye to foreign investors for the EEC project.

Still unelected.

Ahem - the son of Kamnan Poh, former Godfather of Chonburi and brother of another former Major of Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

Let's see... Chonburi and the Kunplome clan.

National elections and the return to democracy the 'end' of junta rule.

The EEC.

OK, I'm done with joining the dots. That was too easy. There are some troughs where 'dining' is by invite-only even if you do wear green.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

yet-to-be-scheduled election  :cheesy:

Maybe you're reading from the New English Translation, BobBKK, but whichever way I try to 'get' your little joke, I can't tie it to the OP . . . sorry ????

9 hours ago, dabhand said:

Hopefully this will not mean revisiting the construction of the remaining two underpasses within the original plan for three of the 'nice earners'.......!!

I think they were due to be at Tai and Thepprasit junctions, but could be wrong.

It likely does. Sometimes you have to take the good with some bad. 

19 hours ago, Ossy said:

Maybe you're reading from the New English Translation, BobBKK, but whichever way I try to 'get' your little joke, I can't tie it to the OP . . . sorry ????

it's what the new mayor said?  the joke is..........  what elections?

• Thanks 1