New website is hard to read

gk10002000

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Oh well, all good things have to come to a end. I spend too much time on Thai Visa anyway. I really can't find it in me to look at the rest of the forum.

As the United air hostesses say at the door as you deplane,

"Buh-bye..."

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Oh, one more thing. I note that the site now is aimed at durian lovers, so I  shall leave. Never have liked the fruit.  

"... Hmmm, thanks... Buh-bye..."

47 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And if we can't read it then we won't be logging on so there will be NO need for any advertisers.  Also if you can't read the adverts why have them.  I will only be logging on in future to see if the fonts have reverted or improved.  I CANNOT Read this site without zooming in.  Please change it or loose readers.

"... Buh-bye, buh-bye ..."

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Not getting the new logo, a durian ????

Thats a product that not everyone likes, it smells, its banned from certain places. If you go about your day seeing signs like below, doesn't that portray a negative image or sentiment, even if it is on a subliminal level. Durian not welcome here, Durian smells, and by association Thai visa not welcome or smells.

Not capitalising your own name (a proper noun) tends to diminish its importance.

image.jpeg.7a794581f86a5b98ee14d6db866787c7.jpeg

I kept reading thru this thread wondering when someone was going to ask, what the heck is the logo thing???  And then you finally did! :thumbsup:

My guess also was durian, but I wasn't quite sure. So, it's a Thai fruit, I'll give them that. But it's also stinky, banned in a lot of places and generally despised by most farangs.

Seems a perfect fit for the new ThaiVisa!!!  :cheesy:

This is a massive fail, an epic fail, but I see that you have taken notice of the comments made so far IE: You have rectified the double row of page numbers top left and we can now see whose new comments (notifications) all you need to do now is fix the font colour/shade and everything will be hunky dory, thank you for listening.  

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I kept reading thru this thread wondering when someone was going to ask, what the heck is the logo thing???  And then you finally did! :thumbsup:

My guess also was durian, but I wasn't quite sure. So, it's a Thai fruit, I'll give them that. But it's also stinky, banned in a lot of places and generally despised by most farangs.

Seems a perfect fit for the new ThaiVisa!!!  :cheesy:

I thought the new logo was a bear trap and they were trying to catch some more business.

businessman-jumping-over-bear-trap-E9XXH7.jpg

Apart from a strain on the eyes, first thing I noticed was after posting and editing the post earlier this morning, I could read the 'edit' notification much clearer than my post.

Your HR only needs to apply for the Work Permit.

Edited 4 hours ago by Tanoshi

See what I mean.

Ah, the answer is to post in bold, then it's much more viewable.

Suppose we'll get used to the look the same as we did the feel after the previous big upgrade.

At first glance, I thought the logo was a machinery gear wheel, often used as an icon for "Settings" in Windows and Android software, etc.., warped enough to be considered quirky from a Millennial perspective.

Then I recognized it was Durian..... but not big enough to be considered a Big Durian. ????

I suppose it makes sense in that people have a love/hate relationship with that fruit.   So maybe there's a very clever, secret genius behind all this after all.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

To be blunt, this "upgrade" sucks. Sucks badly.

Why are you "fixing" something that wasn't broken?

The previous version was very broken. The text editor has been playing up for years with Chrome. The answer from support was to use Wordpad and paste in before submitting. I had to use Ctrl-Z to get back disappeared text on nearly every post. I hope that has been fixed now.

But this font is the worst I have ever encountered on any website.

50 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My guess also was durian, but I wasn't quite sure. So, it's a Thai fruit, I'll give them that.

Durian isn't a Thai fruit.  It probably originated in Borneo.  Even the name is an import from Malaysia where it's known as "duri" meaning "thorn".

Admittedly, I thought the logo was a stylised representation of female external genitalia.

8 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Please change the font colour back to BLACK.

This grey is so hard for me to read as I am partially blind.  Many of the users on here also have less than perfect sight.  

I don't know any other forum where the type is light grey like this!!!!!

The font is now black.

Just need to change it to something fairly generic like Arial and the whiners will come flooding back (not that they ever really went away in the first place).

6 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Durian isn't a Thai fruit.  It probably originated in Borneo.  Even the name is an import from Malaysia where it's known as "duri" meaning "thorn".

Admittedly, I thought the logo was a stylised representation of female external genitalia.

Thanks.  I didn't say it was a Thai fruit.  Thought you were going to say it was in the Meat category!  ????

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The font is now black.

Just need to change it to something fairly generic like Arial and the whiners will come flooding back (not that they ever really went away in the first place).

Yes, like this:

13 minutes ago, Oxx said:

I thought it was a piece from a Ford Gearbox.

5 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I thought it was a piece from a Ford Gearbox.

and the connection between a Ford Gearbox and the logo that appears to represent female external genitalia is;

It does not take much to s****w them both ????

nb. Apologies to Ford, only joking and to the Durian growers,  love the taste of Durian too ????

6 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

and the connection between a Ford Gearbox and the logo that appears to represent female external genitalia is;

It does not take much to s****w them both ????

nb. Apologies to Ford, only joking and to the Durian growers,  love the taste of Durian too ????

Never eaten a Ford.!

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes, like this:

That looks like Courier New. The following is Arial

The following is Verdana.

Just need to change it to something fairly generic like Verdana and the whiners will come flooding back (not that they ever really went away in the first place).

The following is the default (whatever that is?)

Just need to change it to something fairly generic like default and the whiners will come flooding back (not that they ever really went away in the first place).

In hindsight, the default looks OK.

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

You must remember that TVF is free to us. The forum generates it's money from advertising.

The washed out font and purple theme make the surrounding advertising stand out much more.

You might not like it but the advertisers will love it.

That doesn't  make much sense to me,. If  forum members are put off by the web site, they won't bother seeing the adverts, so that would be counter productive.   I am spending so much time and effort trying to make out the text that I dont see the adds. 

Archived