Think twice before eating beef in Thailand

Brunolem

22 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Yep, happens way to often and the rabbies cases of this have happened a few times.

I love beef. My dad died from mad cow disease  25 yrs ago and i still cant stop eating meat. Makro loves me.

First BSE is not a disease, it's a condition, like a fatal bullet wound (in the brain).  Second, excessive consumption of red meat will probably shorten your life. But it's your life not mine, so I don't give a damn. Will Makro pay for your funeral, or does their love not extend that far? 

Edited by jgarbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Since scorpions are no more dangerous than a bee sting and poisonous snakes are daily food for pigs what really happened?

It could have been a centipede. I was told by a Thai farmer that a centipede bite can bring a buffalo down.

9 hours ago, kannot said:

Story in the news yesterday like this except.................some locals carved it  up and ate it........then they found out it died from Rabies afterwards.

Some years ago in this area, a dairy cow died, so the owner chopped it up and gave /sold the meat to the locals, 1-2 day later a lot of people where at our local hospital feeling sick, after some research and testing  and asking about, the animal died of Anthrax, luckily no one died . 

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

It could have been a centipede. I was told by a Thai farmer that a centipede bite can bring a buffalo down.

Look at a pig skin compared to a buffalo.  My pigs used to eat rattlesnakes and copperheads for breakfast.  Centipedes rarely kill a man so don't see how it could penetrate a pig hide ask a pig farmer what killed your pig.   

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Look at a pig skin compared to a buffalo.  My pigs used to eat rattlesnakes and copperheads for breakfast.  Centipedes rarely kill a man so don't see how it could penetrate a pig hide ask a pig farmer what killed your pig.   

Agree. If you look at a wild pig that's been shot with a 0.22, the bullet is still stuck in the skin.

11 hours ago, Brunolem said:

A flip, because there is an ongoing Ponzi scheme in which farmers buy cows with the only objective to find a greater fool who will buy it at a higher price.

I don't think you fully understand what a Ponzi scheme is. 

Buying things, whether real estate or supposed antiques or cattle  or gold or corporate stocks/shares or ... with the intention of selling the item(s) on to someone else at a profit is pretty much the essence of capitalism.

A Ponzi scheme depends on accumulating more and more investors and using the money collected from newer investors to payout to earlier investors, thus creating the fraudulent illusion that the enterprise is producing impressive profits, thereby attracting even more investors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jgarbo said:

Not, just frozen for months, giving the bacteria a holiday, before they attack. Bon Chance...

Not, just frozen for months, giving the bacteria a holiday, before they attack :cheesy:

Another human being with a weak immune system... but OK you have a good heart since you told me Bon Chance  ( By the way its Bonne Chance:tongue:)

No problem I used to live dangerously for decades, between you and me but do not repeat it to anyone, I push the madness to eat it raw sometimes it's called tartar. :crazy:

9 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Don't they have a best used by date on all meat?  I know Australia a bit primitive but think they have modern labeling laws. 

Aussie beef is just about the only product,

that wouldn't have a label:

"Grown and Packed in Australia, from Imported product"

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I always needed a hammer and chisel to break a Thai steak into mouthfull size portions.

Thai beef is usually retired buffalo or brahmin cow, neither bred for "gourmet consumption". In Thailand, I'd suggest chicken or pork (if Allah's not your current god). Cheap, tasty, good protein.