Lizards / geckos

RickG16

3 hours ago, masuk said:

I can't imagine why anyone would move to the tropics if they have aversions to something as harmless as a little gekko.  The country has a good population of spiders, snakes, pythons, and you worry about a gekko?

The most dangerous thing around a house is a mosquito, transmitting malaria and dengue fever, and you're worried about a harmless gecko, which happens to eat mosquitos.

Me thinks OP might be living in the wrong environment, country. I bet he's not big into camping. Also bet he's not an Aussie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Wonder how well he'd sleep with a big Huntsman on the roof of the tent?

huntman mg13462_big.jpg

Knowing what I do about spiders,  this guy wouldn't bother me in the least.

When I saw one for the first time off the lobby of a Phuket hotel I just wanted to pick him up.   But not  being familiar with that species I just watched it for a while.     

It was every bit all of at least 11 cm from toe to toe..

Truly beautiful creature.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

I don't mind them, they don't appear to attack us so I just ignore them.

I had a big ugly cockroach, the type with wings crawling over me inside my bed a while back, I managed to catch and kill it.

I have no idea how it got there or what it was doing in there as there's never been any food of any kind inside this bedroom.

Once it was dead I went back to sleep. I haven't seen any more since then.

They fly thats how it got there

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Extremely effective though

My health and the cleanliness of my home comes first

The mosquito above may have been carrying dengue fever. Notably, tests show that electronic mosquito killers and repellers do not kill a significant fraction of the mosquito population.

Thailand is experiencing its largest dengue epidemic in more than two decades, with a record number of people infected by the mosquito-borne disease and 126 fatalities so far this year, health experts said on Thursday, pointing to climate change as a factor behind the spike in cases.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The mosquito above may have been carrying dengue fever. Notably, tests show that electronic mosquito killers and repellers do not kill a significant fraction of the mosquito population.

Thailand is experiencing its largest dengue epidemic in more than two decades, with a record number of people infected by the mosquito-borne disease and 126 fatalities so far this year, health experts said on Thursday, pointing to climate change as a factor behind the spike in cases.

Nothing to do with climate change, in Thailand it's all to do with the usual lack of action as regards the mosquito

Electronic killers do the job in my home, that's in every country I have lived in

No way I am able to put up with what the geckos leave behind

Each to their own

• Like 1

Just now, oldlakey said:

Fakenames cat has apparently if that's any help 555555

Mrs has just confirmed she ate a few of them off a grill.

Mrs menu when younger consisted of:

Baby butterfly 

Geckos

Rat

All the bugs

Ginga (small iguana)

Some kind of small crocodile

Turtle

Frogs

Snake

• Like 2