Lizards / geckos

RickG16

16 hours ago, Tchooptip said:
9 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

9 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

You're probably going to make fun of me, I do not really like to kill anything, so when I have to kill ants I tell them I'm sorry, like when I cut tree limbs I say to the tree I'm sorry but I have to! :smile:

I'm afraid it's people who kill without worrying about anything that needs therapy. All life is respectable, the less evolved men have never understood it.

But as I'm not here to judge others they do what they want I take care of my life not that of others. So I practice like that and you, kill everything you want.????

You must have a hard time mowing your lawn. Thousands of deaths every step you take.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:44 PM, giddyup said:

Absolutely sickening way to catch anything other than flies. Whatever poor creature is stuck may spend hours trying to extricate itself, and then what do you do, hit it with a shovel, or throw it into a wheelie bin still stuck to the trap. Even with rats I refuse to use them, prefer the old fashioned rat trap that breaks their neck and they die instantly.

On 9/27/2018 at 12:11 AM, JimmyJ said:

Agree 100%.

Extremely cruel.

As someone mentioned, the geckos eat all the bugs.

I'd much rather have a gecko taking out the mosquitos than one mosquito in the house.

On 9/27/2018 at 12:15 AM, garzhe said:

Why you want to kill Geckos. They are harmless to you and they eat the flies, mosquitoes and other unwanted insects in your house. Good to have around.

This stuff blows my mind. People move into areas full of neat creatures and then kill them all in the most torturous ways just because they have some sort of weird urban hangup.

The lizards and geckos and snakes are eating the actual disease-carrying pests (rats and mice and bugs). If you want to live a completely sterile existence away from the real world, then move to a sterile place, don't kill off the few wild things left.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, Speedo1968 said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it so far but, geckos can carry salmonella.

It's virtually impossible for anyone to catch salmonella from a wild gecko.

The only people who catch salmonella from reptiles are children who have small pet turtles or geckos, don't clean the cages so the reptiles get their own feces all over their skin, and then put the turtle in their mouth or put their fingers in their mouth after extensive handling of the turtle. 

Just handling a wild gecko won't give you salmonella because the gecko doesn't have feces all over its own skin, that would only happen in captivity. I've handled thousands of reptiles including dozens of geckos and never gotten ill in any way. You'd basically have to start hunting down gecko poops and eating them directly to have a chance of catching salmonella, and the average adult would probably have to eat a lot before it happened.

Edited by Bangkok Herps

• 2 weeks later...

In a previous post, I had mentioned some chemical you could use but at the time I didn't know the name or where you could get it.  I just came across it on Lazada.  Copy and paste this into the Search box at Lazada and you'll find it: กำจัดจิ้งจก ยากำจัดจิ้งจกและตุ๊กแก ใช้ดีสุดๆ

To use, just use a q-tip and put a small drop at places where they might pass.  I would tape a q-tip to the end of a fishing rod so I could reach high places.  Any geckos getting close to it will be on the floor dead later.  It works amazingly well.  Actually works a little too good which worried me and I stopped using it.  Thus, warning, I don't know what this chemical is or if it's harmful to humans or pets that might eat the dead geckos.  You might want to have someone that can read Thai translate that page to you to see if there are any warnings about that.

gecko.jpg

Edited by AmericanMike
Adding a picture of what I am talking about.
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I built  my house i deliberately made it virtually airtight to keep out unwanted ging joks, snakes etc

Its  difficult to open the front door and the ceiling creaks its that airtight.

Every night i go out with a wet towel and walk round the house and whack any on the walls  off as they  crap on the paintwork. I painted it and I dont plan to do it again any time soon.

Never get anything in the house at all.

I never open windows either, all are upvc with proper airtight seals, the door in i put extra sealant round, self adhesive bristles 7mm thick.

I gasp for air some days!!

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

When I built  my house i deliberately made it virtually airtight to keep out unwanted ging joks, snakes etc

Its  difficult to open the front door and the ceiling creaks its that airtight.

Every night i go out with a wet towel and walk round the house and whack any on the walls  off as they  crap on the paintwork. I painted it and I dont plan to do it again any time soon.

Never get anything in the house at all.

I never open windows either, all are upvc with proper airtight seals, the door in i put extra sealant round, self adhesive bristles 7mm thick.

I gasp for air some days!!

When the wife built the house where we live she really didn't consider anything smaller than a wild boar, (not the cave ones) so really anything can come and go. Found a small black pig in the bathroom once. Chased it out with one of those bamboo backscratchers.

We did catch a really big gecko last year and one night it "gekoed" 17 times. The wife, thinking this was some special Buddha omen, put a shit-load of money on number 17. And it so happened that the 16th of the month lotto was on the 17th.

This particular gecko is a pet and we have instructed the house cat, Charkie, not to harm it.

It did bite me on the middle toe of my left foot once. Hurt like hell for a couple of minutes. I didn't realise that they have dozens of little tiny teeth.

img346.jpg

PICT0063.JPG

• Haha 1