Alan Hogg hitman LAUGHS as cops are shown where Brit millionaire and his Thai wife were buried by her own brother

webfact

4 hours ago, lanista said:

Yep !!   but you shouldnt say it because you'll upset farangs who think theyre genuinely married.

No farang  should ever put assets in a Thai's name .  Invest your money back home and always rent like ive done for years.

Youre just wasting money if you buy land in LOS. You dont legally own it!!!

I wouldnt be surprised at all if a deal is made involving alot of baht and one or two of the village monkeys go free.  It wont happen right now but later when the media loses interest.

Hmmm, me and my wife have made money together-my profits are back home.  Sorry about your bad experiences.  We keep one property that we each paid half for, and purchased after we were married.  That property goes to me if she dies first by written will, even though it’s wasn’t that expensive, so my investment was minimal.  My wife always says “why are these men so stupid”?

World's tabloid press love a good 'millionaire murder' story, regardless of where it happened. 

The TAT no more need to comment than the US tourism authority feel a need to comment on the weekly mass shootings there. 

No casual reader overseas gives a rats, and just move on to the next story. RIP to the victims, it's still sickening that this moron and his shitwit mates seriously though thought they'd get away with it. Now 2 people are pointlessly, horrifically dead. Hopefully the daughter speaks fluent Thai and has enough good people in her extended Thai family to keep her cockroach relatives at bay.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

If you ask why and you live in Thailand you are obviously involved with a strange Thai family, or you're strange, one of the two. I seriously can't believe that anyone thinks that.

I can certainly seriously believe that.

13 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

World's tabloid press love a good 'millionaire murder' story, regardless of where it happened. 

The TAT no more need to comment than the US tourism authority feel a need to comment on the weekly mass shootings there. 

No casual reader overseas gives a rats, and just move on to the next story. RIP to the victims, it's still sickening that this moron and his shitwit mates seriously though thought they'd get away with it. Now 2 people are pointlessly, horrifically dead. Hopefully the daughter speaks fluent Thai and has enough good people in her extended Thai family to keep her cockroach relatives at bay.  

Unfortunately they  do give a ratz-for the reason you so have so eloquently described.."moron..etc  etc.."

45 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Unfortunately they  do give a ratz-for the reason you so have so eloquently described.."moron..etc  etc.."

I shall await the truckload of outraged letters and comments on the Sun, Mirror, Record, and Fail websites calling for the boycotting of Thailand with baited breath then... cheers.

4 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Let me see. My wife owns our(Her)current home, semi-demolished home next door (long not-so funny story), two cars, two adjacent lots one with complete e story home plus in-law apartment(that be us), another lot with home in progress. I own nothing. I have a fairly generous pension that we use for living expenses, hospital, dental, etc. Adult children take care of their own expenses, both adult children and wives work at businesses (not easy work). Have occasional spats usually of the not-talking kind. Wife's English is good enough my Thai is zero other than basic hello, good-bye, etc. I feel for men who get into marriages/entanglements and are miserable.

Yep! I resemble that scenario, you're only poor until next payday and even if you don't own everything you're always watched to make sure you're not about to hurt yourself! You even get a little respect sometime!

1 hour ago, Redline said:

Hmmm, me and my wife have made money together-my profits are back home.  Sorry about your bad experiences.  We keep one property that we each paid half for, and purchased after we were married.  That property goes to me if she dies first by written will, even though it’s wasn’t that expensive, so my investment was minimal.  My wife always says “why are these men so stupid”?

You own a condo? That's a smart move, I wish I'd done so 20 years ago!

...premeditated murder....and cold-blooded murder......

,,,do we need 'an excuse' here....???

...we aren't talking about truancy...or not doing your homework......

...will such madness ever end...???

....'to blame'.....???

...a selfish...greedy...conniving murderer...is to blame......

...cut the cr*p for Heaven's Sake....

...stop glorifying and justifying such heinous acts..or they will just go on...and maybe increase...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

The cops dragged the local river, and looked for a week, but did not notice a recently dug hole in the grounds of the house.

This does a lot to re-enforce the stereotype of the highly trained members of the Royal Thai Police.

They did dig on that spot previously just not deep enough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Just now, I have got Alan Hogg down as a really nice guy and his poor wife as a devoted partner.  As for buying assets in various Thai family names, what choice did he have when investing his money when, as a farang, he is not even able to own his own home?  For all we know, it may have been his intention to allow those family members to keep the assets purchased in their name when he passed on, which would negate the necessity for a legal will to do so.

At least according to the article in the Guardian (linked to in an earlier post) all their property was in their daughter's name.

3 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I agree.  I can no sign of his "flaunting wealth".   He had money of course, but his property and vehicle appear to me to be fairly modest for a reputed millionaire, who seemed to enjoy popping out to feed his ducks.  Also, he was married to a lady of 61 years, so he did not use his wealth to buy a young girl, as many do.   

Just now, I have got Alan Hogg down as a really nice guy and his poor wife as a devoted partner.  As for buying assets in various Thai family names, what choice did he have when investing his money when, as a farang, he is not even able to own his own home?  For all we know, it may have been his intention to allow those family members to keep the assets purchased in their name when he passed on, which would negate the necessity for a legal will to do so.

I agree. The only point I will add is that it would go to the family in the 'future.'

The 'future' doesn't exist in the minds of the ones who killed him and his wife. If it does it doesn't go further than maybe next week.

Everything should go to their daughter and I hope it does. It's no replacement for a father and mother though.

When buying any assets in a Thai name it automatically becomes theirs.remember the old saying possession is 9/10ths of the law.well here it's 100% and a good chance of never seeing it again.having the brother in law have assets in his name would be mental torture for him as he would want to get his hands on his new found fortune with the only thing in the way being an old farang with mega bucks.remember the saying in Thailand always make sure your worth more alive than dead.
Must be a lot of TV posters done the same thing. Putting assets in thai family names and a lot are just Asian hillbillies. Will never understand it. Buy condos and sleep easy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

True.

Something about money..even king Croesus came to a sticky end.

That if the treasures of Croesus

And all the gold Octavian

Forth with the riches Indian

Of pearls and of rich stones

Were all together mine at once

I get it more account

Than I would a bare straw amount.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Conflicting reports on exactly what he used to do I'm afraid. There has been no mention of him as a participant or otherwise at any Phuket regattas. He is quoted as a Petroleum engineer in one report but others have said he owned a laundry business so lets wait and see if more of his background will be highlighted

Does it really matter? 

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

That if the treasures of Croesus

And all the gold Octavian

Forth with the riches Indian

Of pearls and of rich stones

Were all together mine at once

I get it more account

Than I would a bare straw amount.

Brilliant-Elizabethan and Jacobean poets extraordinaire!

And my epitaph for all good men and true who embark on their journey.

"..beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow

Across the angry or that glittering sea..

..but surely we are brave

That take the Golden Road to Samarkand.."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

Perhaps so.  But they will look very appealing to a low-IQ, dysfunctional and jealous brother-in-law.

RIP to both of them, but I have to ask 'What on earth was he thinking of by building a large house with swimming pool right in the middle of some sh*t-poor Thai village?  Bound to create jealous feelings and gossip about his wealth among the locals.

All the more reason not to build anything but a simple house in your Thai wife's village.  You want a decent house with a swimming pool?  Go and build it in a gated or secure community of educated Thais and foreigners.

And, try not to marry bargirls or hookers or any woman of a low social caste. If you do, be on perpetual guard. 

Not saying this couple as like that but there are many

10 hours ago, Redline said:

I can't tell you how many times I have heard the line "why are these men so stupid". Or a statement that means the same thing. 

If you can speak a little Thai. You can walk up to just about any woman here and ask her "why are these men so stupid".  They all know the score and will give you an answer, usually.  

It is no secret what so ever. If you ask they will tell you. Haha 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TPI said:

You own a condo? That's a smart move, I wish I'd done so 20 years ago!

I own a few condos.  As the market is saturated now, I would be careful.  We have investments in ChiangMai and on the future train lines in BKK.  It is our hobby, so we do our research and my wife knows some developers as well

On 9/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, Fex Bluse said:

I don't want to blame anyone because I do not know. BUT during my years in Thailand seen so many farang sweet talked by their country girls into doing all type of crazy financial stuff. You would be surprised at the complexity of the story telling and ability of Thai women to concoct ideas and farang gullibility to go along. 

The reason that people are so easily conned when in love, is in a word VASOPRESSIN - its the love drug that promotes bonding and trust. In lab tests even when conned a person or animal will come back for more (possibly to be conned again) if subject to elevated levels of Vasopressin. 

Its why you can never tell them anything like - don't put your assets in the wifes name.

Edited by Chopperboy