Phuket expat sets house on fire, attempts to climb wind turbine in suicide bid

webfact

Phuket expat sets house on fire, attempts to climb wind turbine in suicide bid

By Chutharat Plerin

1538026527_1-org.jpg

The men is believed to have set is own house on fire. Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: A foreign man is being held by authorities after he allegedly set his house on fire in Rawai this morning (Sept 27) then tried to climb the wind turbine near Phromthep Cape in an apparent bid to jump from the top of the structure.

Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos reported that firefighters and rescue teams were called to Moo 7 Rawai at about 10am to attend to a house that had caught fire.

After the fire had been extinguished, the rescue teams were informed that a man was being held at the wind turbine.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-expat-sets-house-on-fire-attempts-to-climb-wind-turbine-in-suicide-bid-68783.php#myKElkvz1u2tADfI.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-27

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Sad 1

Easy to guess that another foreigner/Thai relation went terribly bad.

And before taking his life he wanted to destroy the house in a last revenge to the hated wife.

(I was frightened to hear another guy to promise doing the same if the relation breaks)

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I used to live in moo7. Had a house or 2 actually. Small road but full of crazies which is why our family moved. Sad because its a beautiful place.

Moo 7 is an area, not a specific road. Have been living here in moo 7 for 15+ years now.

13 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

These Thai girls will derail you...

One Texican guy told me "Man, I don't know what happened, I have been happily married for 25 years and along comes this Thai girl and I left my wife for her - I think she put a spell on me or somthing!!"   I tend to agree, have seen and done some very stupid things concerning Thai Girls in my 40 some years associated with the kingdom.

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Like 1

It will be the same old story that never changes.

Middleaged farang marries poor Thai girl

Farang buys land/house with his money 100% 

Farang puts title deed in her name to make it legal and because he wants to impress her.

Farang discovers she still has a Thai sami or farang  lover

Farang starts drinking and arguing with her.

Farang decides to burn the house down to spite the wife.

Farang arrested for trying to destroy someone elses property.

THAISTYLE !!

Never changes.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

These Thai girls will derail you...

These crazy foreigners coming in to big numbers, and think it is easier to live in Thailand than home in their orign country. That is the problem.

Most skipping normal common sense, and do things they never would have done home is 2. That comes to my mind.