Big Joke tipped for big promotion

webfact

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

So you actually really believe and saying out loud that positions in Thailand are earned and not purchased or given as favours ?

have you actually been in Thailand yet or gained your knowledge through reading about it ?

I live here.  Have done for some years and have also worked at the highest levels of Policing.  What are your qualifications?

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

There is no doubt he will make things harder but brown envelopes and agents will not not for as long as immigration officers get paid as little as they do.

corruption runs deep in Thai blood , the only thing that will change is the amounts to be put in brown envelopes.

his position is safe until the elections, if there is a change in government , he be out of the job faster than he went in.

He is going to make a name for himself and I would guess that a lot of immigration officers will not risk their jobs and their incomes while this man is head of immigration, so I would say that there will be a big tightening up in the immigration office. You seem to feel that he will lose his job after the election, I would say you are dreaming because looking at the way things are being manipulate, they is going to be no change of power in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

What a sad and delusional individual you are

Well Jimmynewbie, I wonder what a psychologist would make of your response?  I enjoy debate that has at least some credibility and intellect connected to it but if this is how you respond to people you feel superior to then maybe a little professional help might be in order.

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

And by getting rid of a few dozen falang that do not meet the financial requirements for their extensions could Big Hype himself another promotion

And those that do he could always double the amount to make sure they don't, Ha!

26 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Yeah ... knowledge of foreign languages could affect his Thainess ...
And we do not want this...

The head of Australian Immigration only speaks English and no other language and yet there are a lot of immigrants that cannot speak English migrate to Australia from non English speaking countries. So where is Thailand any different to any other country?

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It won't be who is most suitable for the top post,

but who will offer the most,as happens in most

Government appointments here.

regards worgeordie

Not just here but every where as in organization the top guys are the politicians who did things to look good and who knew which butts to polish. If you guys think choices are made different in developed countries you have been in Thailand to long. Big Jokes problem will be is he a adminstrator can he actually run a originazation as big as immigration

50 minutes ago, BestB said:

So you actually really believe and saying out loud that positions in Thailand are earned and not purchased or given as favours ?

have you actually been in Thailand yet or gained your knowledge through reading about it ?

I guess you missed what happened to the last guy who was selling promotions he is now in jail as well as his royalname being revoked.

10 hours ago, missoura said:

A Thai friend of mine is a commander in the navy and one day I jokingly asked him, when would he become an admiral. Ten years he said. When I asked how he was so sure, his reply was simple. Everybody does.

I wouldnt say everyone, you need to have the money to pay for the position.

• Thanks 1

The one thing that everyone needs to remember is that this man got his name and reputation by getting rid of falangs out of Thailand and I believe that this is what he will continue to do through Thai Immigration and that could even mean that some of the IO's that take brown envelopes from agents might disappear as well. I would not underestimate what this man would do to better himself in the eyes of his superiors.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Enough of the Thai bashing, I wish him good luck .

If he gets the job as immigration boss , more overstayers will be worried about their future.

Now it is not "if he gets the job" because he now "has" the job, and yes there are a lot of falangs should be worried

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

What a sad and delusional individual you are

Not at all - Russell and Antioc are quite right. Social media in Thailand is constantly monitored in particular for "laisee majeste" comments whatever your nationality. Are you not aware of the Computer Crimes Act? Imprisonment, big fines and deportation for offenders.

As the head of immigration, he would be following a long held Thai political tradition. Appoint the least qualified person you can find, to head a major department. This has been going on for decades. What experience does this man have with regards to immigration? Being a highly ranked policeman, there is a high probability he is not honest, and the Koh Tao investigation is proof of that. He may be famous, but he lacks talent, and has accomplished very, very little. A crime buster he is not!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Antioc said:

I live here.  Have done for some years and have also worked at the highest levels of Policing.  What are your qualifications?

And I was in the SAS. Can't talk about it of course. 

Now I presume I am on your list of 'Be afraid. Be very afraid', contesting the Thai junta as I do. Yet somehow I am not. Is it that I am simply stupid or are you delighting in veiled threats based on nothing?