New Pattaya mayor promises to cover his father’s debt

rooster59

4 hours ago, Estrada said:

I first met Somchai Khunpleum (Khamnan Poh) back in 1989 when he became Mayor of Saen Suk (Bang Saen). It is not true that His family were first supported by Thaksin and PTP.  The truth is that the family were first involved with the Social Action Party (formed by some former Democrats) and led by Pramoj. Later he was involved with the Thai Nation Party under Chatichai Choonhavan which included the Godfather of Suphanburi, Banharn Silpa-archa. It was under the Banharn administration that Somchai, not Thaksin received  many of his construction contracts.  Not only did Thaksin not support Somchai Khunpleum, he was instrumental in having Somchai Khunpleum put into prison. The fact is that Banharn was the main supporter of the Khunpleum family not Thaksin.

Shit! Can I "unlike" the "like" I just gave to robblock? Thought it was strange, I normally think his posts are blx.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Shit! Can I "unlike" the "like" I just gave to robblock? Thought it was strange, I normally think his posts are blx.

I will get the link, i read in the paper that previously Kahmon Poh supported the PTP. Was in a coalition with them

1. Banharn’s revenge?

The Palangchon faction i.e currently controlled by Kamnan Poh’s son, is a coalition member of the Puea Thai-led government. They only have half a dozen seats and one Minister, albeit the Culture Ministry, but have been wanting to take over the Sports and Tourism Ministry which is currently held by Banharn’s Chart Thai Pattana (Banharn’s brother who was the Minister recently died so he will need to be replaced). Banharn may have become concerned that his could happen and details of Kamnan Poh was passed onto the police.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2013/01/godfather-of-chonburi-goes-to-jail-for-now/

3 hours ago, Estrada said:

I first met Somchai Khunpleum (Khamnan Poh) back in 1989 when he became Mayor of Saen Suk (Bang Saen). It is not true that His family were first supported by Thaksin and PTP.  The truth is that the family were first involved with the Social Action Party (formed by some former Democrats) and led by Pramoj. Later he was involved with the Thai Nation Party under Chatichai Choonhavan which included the Godfather of Suphanburi, Banharn Silpa-archa. It was under the Banharn administration that Somchai, not Thaksin received  many of his construction contracts.  Not only did Thaksin not support Somchai Khunpleum, he was instrumental in having Somchai Khunpleum put into prison. The fact is that Banharn was the main supporter of the Khunpleum family not Thaksin.

Strange.. as they were in a coalition government together.. I would call that supporting eachother

The Palangchon faction i.e currently controlled by Kamnan Poh’s son, is a coalition member of the Puea Thai-led government. 

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2013/01/godfather-of-chonburi-goes-to-jail-for-now/

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Just showing that Thaksin and the junta and all Thai politics are the same dirty.. just dispelling the myth of Thaksin being good.. he is as dirty as all of them maybe even more so. Just shows that those that are so much against the junta should see that Thaksin did the same.

Its about showing that its foolish to support sides here as they are all corrupt and we should celebrate whenever one of them gets done for corruption no matter who. 

You show that by making false accusations and statements? Strange, really strange

29 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

You show that by making false accusations and statements? Strange, really strange

False statements you say. 

There's plenty of evidence in hundred of media reports to support everything roblock wrote. 

I have no intention of providing links, not needed. 

• Like 1

What Estrada posted was a half-truth. What he said about Somchai Khunpluem was basically correct but he left out the fact that his son, Sontaya (the one appointed by Prayuth) was a minister in both Thaksin's & Yingluck's governments.

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somchai_Khunpluem

Somchai is the father of Sontaya Kunplome,[10] leader of the Phalang Chon Party, president of Pattaya United F.C., minister of culture under Yingluck Shinawatra and former tourism minister under Thaksin Shinawatra, Wittaya Khunpluem, president of Chonburi F.C., chairman of the provincial administrative council of Chonburi and Member of Parliament representing Chonburi, and Ittipol Khunplome, mayor of Pattaya.

Robblok is correct.

11 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

An inter-generational corrupt-ocracy; way to go, Patts! That is not an easy one to pull off.

By the way;

"...The deputy PM added that though Sontaya was appointed by the NCPO, the junta will not be responsible if he does anything wrong, but the premier should be held accountable if his appointee is not qualified for the job..."

I wonder why this needed to be said?

Hmm....

Double hmm...

This says it all and underline his real trust in Sontaya - more to come....

Edited by ttrd

Did old Thickskin also invent the RPG assassination of another mafioso to justify K. Poh's arrest? I doubt we will ever really know, and I also doubt that I really care. Big Men do a fine job of ruining each other here. They're all rather like Trump being shafted by his supposed friends, and his own party

All their true enemies need to do is watch and enjoy. The junta might want to think about that

Why does his promise and conditional statements matter?  Is there a court order and a proscribed deadline for his father to comply and pay something?   Gee, I wonder if the son won't be party to kick backs, bribes, favoritism payouts, etc.   Who scrutinizes such things?  How much is the Mayor's salary?

20 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

What is false ? They joined Thaksin his coalition.. if that is not supporting eachother I don't know what is. I already showed links of these criminals first being part of Thaksin his coalition and now of Prayuts. I don't see anything false in those statements. It just show that like Thaksin dear leader now does not care about virtues of people just votes. Nothing false at all about my statements its all backed up by links with proof. Did you post your reply before I posted my links ?