150 Baht now for a big Chang

sanemax

• 3 months later...

All local small bottles for 42 THB on Sukhumvit soi 11...... first they need to learn how to refrigerate beer, but at least there is hope.  Seen large Singhas for 90 on KSR, but apparently soap is quite expensive. 

On 9/30/2018 at 4:56 AM, sanemax said:

Im just not "happy" about paying a 200 % mark-up on beer prices .

When , a few years ago , they were charging 80-90 Bart for a large Chang 

I would quite happily spend a 1000 Baht for a night out

These days , two beers and thats it 

If you must drink that disgusting stuff then buy it from the supermarket.

13 minutes ago, SammyT said:
49 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

Large Leo 55 baht at my local.  Price has not changed in years.

Cripes that's cheap. Where do you drink? In front of the cooler at the 7/11?

I guess not because 7/11 will not sell a large leo that cheap

OP should not worry as the Thai greed will soon put prices around 300 THB for 1 single drink....btw...a whiskey-coke already costs around 300 THB if not a bit more in some Bangkok clubs like Levels or Insanity so others will soon follow...until they will have no customers left.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

OP should not worry as the Thai greed will soon put prices around 300 THB for 1 single drink....btw...a whiskey-coke already costs around 300 THB if not a bit more in some Bangkok clubs like Levels or Insanity so others will soon follow...until they will have no customers left.

You are right about the price but I do not agree with no customers left.  If people will pay it that is not greed, but what the market is accepting.

These BKK clubs are still very popular and mostly now 2 week millionaires who want to party and hook up.

Mostly now seems low number of falang attendees.

I use to be one many years ago and cared less about a drink price. Most residents however, seem to know better.

Edited by bkk6060

Yes, I dont have a television ( Well, I do have one in my room, just never switched it on)
Now its 450 Baht for three beers in two hours .
Its quite funny really , when the beers were 75 Baht , I used to go out for a night and easily spend 1000 Baht , now the beers are 150 , I just take 300 Baht out with me .
     A few years ago when the exchange rate was better and Changs were 75 Baht , that was the equivalent to 1 Pound 50 .
    Now its nearly 4 Pounds

Funny you say that, me and her have a nice fancy slim tv
But we watch everything via our ipads these days
The tv is slowly becoming redundant it seems !

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Can't drink the Elephant Piss Chang since they changed the formula a few years back and went to the awful green bottle. However...totally on-board and in absolute agreement with your post and points. I've been complaining about the meteoric rise in prices here for damn near a decade. Walked out of a go-go in Cowboy years ago when saw the price of a small Chang was ฿140. Imagine they are close to ฿200 by now. :post-4641-1156693976:

Leo is ok,but i will stick with Chang
Singha is awful !

You have to be rather desperate to need to pay a girl so that you can touch her .
Its sad that you have to pay someone to sit next to you 

If you bung me a few quid i will happily sit nxt to you
But if you lay a finger on me i will happily knock you out[emoji846]

• Haha 1

You pay more for the rent, staff, lighting, aircon etc.  If you don't want to pay for all that buy a four pack from 7/11 and sit at home. Personally I expect to pay and can walk if I don't like it.

I get fed up with people saying ‘ i dont drink at home’ ( uk especially!)
Muppets, its the best place to be,in your home all comforts on hand,tv music etc [emoji106]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SammyT said:

Cripes that's cheap. Where do you drink? In front of the cooler at the 7/11?

Nope, local bar in the village.  Its got music chairs, tables and fans.  Not much different from most places in pattaya. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SammyT said:

Agreed. I'll pop out to a pub to watch a sports match or something, but if I'm having a beer by myself, I'd way rather do so from the comfort of my own couch. 

Well that's true but many like to go out and meet new 'friends'. I do both  ????