150 Baht now for a big Chang

sanemax

19 minutes ago, blackhorse said:
24 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:
130 for a small San Miguel light in a music bar in walking street not long ago.  More than 3 times retail seems excessive IMO.

San Miguel Light always has the biggest mark ups. Not sure why,

Because Falang are fat, and Thai girls do not want to be.

They think ordering that "light" beer is in someway saving them from a fatso life.

Which is such stupid actually hilarious thinking.

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

There are bars that sell beer for cost plus 1 baht profit. Usually short lived, with women that are painful to look at and change hands frequently and there are bars that are run as a business usually with better looking girls  and clientele ????????

We are not talking about any bars selling Chang for 52 Baht .

The girly bars are quite often up for sale , the bars that charge high prices and are usually empty .

Its the well run bars that offer food and drink at reasonable prices that tend to do well

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

130 for a small San Miguel light in a music bar in walking street not long ago.  More than 3 times retail seems excessive IMO.

It seems to me to be excessively cheap and wrong to think paying 4 bucks for a beer that a person is going to nurse for and hour while they sit and listen to live music is too much.

WOW, OK.

Hey, maybe do not leave a tip if it makes you feel better....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Is 46 cost or retail.  If it cost 46 I guess 7/11 sell it at cost.

There is no wholesale. Price in supermarket is same as 7-11, and same from so called wholesale places. Sometimes 7-11 is even cheaper than the wholesale places 

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Because no one would take any notice of that petition  

Exactly!   But unless you try and fail you'll  have wasted all your anger.

The other poster had the perfect solution which was to buy cheap beer and  drink it in front of a 7-11.

WOW.

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

We are not talking about any bars selling Chang for 52 Baht .

The girly bars are quite often up for sale , the bars that charge high prices and are usually empty .

Its the well run bars that offer food and drink at reasonable prices that tend to do well

I am not surprised you would consider bars selling beer at cost to be well run and of course it’s busy, beats paying same price and drinking at 7-11.

Sadly these bars are hardly well run , more of a cashflow model. Good to sell when showing figures to someone with no clue .

Well run businesses do not run on selling things at cost and throwing in free food. 

But it as I said , no doubt cheap Charlie’s find it a “well run business” how else can you get a free meal with cost price beer

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

If you are a bar owner, i can understand your frustration.

Perhaps it's just me, but, more often than not, i have the sensation that i should the one to be paid a drink for bothering to talk with those ladies

Maybe that's why you never get shouted out for a drink.    ????

39 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It seems to me to be excessively cheap and wrong to think paying 4 bucks for a beer that a person is going to nurse for and hour while they sit and listen to live music is too much.

WOW, OK.

Hey, maybe do not leave a tip if it makes you feel better....

Says the bar owner with excessive prices

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

I am not surprised you would consider bars selling beer at cost to be well run and of course it’s busy, beats paying same price and drinking at 7-11.

Sadly these bars are hardly well run , more of a cashflow model. Good to sell when showing figures to someone with no clue .

Well run businesses do not run on selling things at cost and throwing in free food. 

But it as I said , no doubt cheap Charlie’s find it a “well run business” how else can you get a free meal with cost price beer

Did you reply to the right post ?

I didnt say that bars selling beer at cost price would mean that they are "well run" .

You were the one who mentioned selling beer at cost price , not me .

I have never seen a bar selling beer at cost price and I wouldnt expect them to do neither .

I also didnt suggest or mention anything about "free food"

You must have replied to the wrong post

18 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Exactly!   But unless you try and fail you'll  have wasted all your anger.

The other poster had the perfect solution which was to buy cheap beer and  drink it in front of a 7-11.

WOW.

No, I wont be starting a petition .

A ridiculous suggestion  to even think about it 

1 minute ago, soistalker said:

Who wants to sit in a bar talking to some old slapper asking you: "where you from? How long you stay Thailand? First time? Where you stay? You have lady? You like lady thai? You buy me drink?"

I would rather have molten lead poured into my ears than listen to that and the games she is thinking of running on me.  

Apart for the molten lead bit, i agree with you.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, I wont be starting a petition .

A ridiculous suggestion  to even think about it 

My goodness,  you really don't understand scarism do you?

Good luck in finding a cheap place to buy your beer.

Please post the results for  those wanting or needing it.

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

My goodness,  you really don't understand scarism do you?

Good luck in finding a cheap place to buy your beer.

Please post the results for  those wanting or needing it.

You are correct , I have no idea what "scarism" is .

150 Baht is expensive for a large Chang , when other bars are selling them for 100-120

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Did you reply to the right post ?

I didnt say that bars selling beer at cost price would mean that they are "well run" .

You were the one who mentioned selling beer at cost price , not me .

I have never seen a bar selling beer at cost price and I wouldnt expect them to do neither .

I also didnt suggest or mention anything about "free food"

You must have replied to the wrong post

What exactly would you consider to be reasonable ?

clearly 200% mark up is not reasonable in your opinion .

Leo is 36 baht cost, so 45 baht would be reasonable?

as according to some 79 is already a rip off.

got to hate all those capitalist working 12-16 hour days and expecting not only to break even at the end of the month but also take home some profit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

What exactly would you consider to be reasonable ?

clearly 200% mark up is not reasonable in your opinion .

Leo is 36 baht cost, so 45 baht would be reasonable?

as according to some 79 is already a rip off.

got to hate all those capitalist working 12-16 hour days and expecting not only to break even at the end of the month but also take home some profit 

100 Baht would be reasonable .

• Haha 1

Well,  all you hansum men that like to troll us "oldtimers".........I can tell you one thing :

Back then the beer was cold and the girls were hot !!   And both were affordable !!

From what i read now,  the beer is warm and the girls are cold.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

If you want company of a lady at a lady bar, then dont be a cheap charlie and buy her drinks or stay home.

Sick of all these guys saying in not give lady drinks but occupy the bar all night with hungry eyes and 1 big Chang

OK but please explain why the price of a lady drink is a 500 600% mark up... Used to be add 30 baht for the girl,  now it's add, 130

OK but please explain why the price of a lady drink is a 500 600% mark up... Used to be add 30 baht for the girl,  now it's add, 130
In the go go's you get to sit with a relatively pretty young thing up the back while exploring her body.. In the short 10 minutes before she goes dance again but the price is worth it for sure

Don't know what happens in beer bars as I only go to no hassle bars
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

100 Baht would be reasonable .

So on a 70 baht bottle you think 30 baht profit is reasonable and enough to cover rent , wages , electric , water, internet, cable tv, police payments, sign tax , up keep and licences?

And if it’s not enough , it’s not your concern really , after all you primary concern is getting cheap booz so you can watch some sports.????

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

In the go go's you get to sit with a relatively pretty young thing up the back while exploring her body.. In the short 10 minutes before she goes dance again but the price is worth it for sure
Don't know what happens in beer bars as I only go to no hassle bars

130 Baht for a ten minute grope ?

• Like 2

Just now, BestB said:

So on a 70 baht bottle you think 30 baht profit is reasonable and enough to cover rent , wages , electric , water, internet, cable tv, police payments, sign tax , up keep and licences?

And if it’s not enough , it’s not your concern really , after all you primary concern is getting cheap booz so you can watch some sports.????

A big Chang is 51 Baht from 7/11 , and you can probably get it a bit cheaper wholesale .

I dont think that the 50 Baht profit will cover rent , wages , water , internet , cable TV etc .

The idea to to sell numerous beers , rather than just one bottle

On 9/30/2018 at 4:31 AM, sanemax said:

in the bars in Loi Kroh . 

I wont be going back there again .

Mamasan was quite friendly, endless "jokes" about sex

I just wanted to sit and watch the sport .

300 Baht for two big Changs ?

Goodbye

Sorry buddy but that is the way everything will go because Thailand is now in the Assian

what is that? I hear you say,

well what it really is, is a carbon copy of the European Union where cultures get destroyed and prices go ever upwards and all of it is at the behest of politicians who live a wonderful expense account life payed for by hard working, honest but sadly stupid people who have no idea of what these same politicians have signed them up to.

It is nothing more than a merry go round of heavy taxation and dictatorial rules forced upon all by totally unaccountable scumbags.

we can already see the influence of the Assian by the steady removal of street food stalls (goodbye culture) under the guise of “tidying up the streets” but really it is happening because it is difficult to tax the people who trade in the street.

Before the nay sayers have a go at me, just wait and you will see the truth in what I am saying, but if you can’t wait then just look at the example of Europe and the loss of culture there.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

A big Chang is 51 Baht from 7/11 , and you can probably get it a bit cheaper wholesale .

I dont think that the 50 Baht profit will cover rent , wages , water , internet , cable TV etc .

The idea to to sell numerous beers , rather than just one bottle

And that is why there are people in business and people who whine about few baht pretending to understand what business is.

would not surprise me if bar put higher price to avoid having tight, whining asses

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

In the West it's 2000 baht for a 10 minute lap dance. Dare to touch and your thrown onto the street head first

130 seems outstanding value

Who cares how much it is the west? In the west minimum wage is not 330 baht per day