How much do you pay for your electric?

clarky cat

13 minutes ago, Naam said:

he is one of the chosen people who own miracle aircons. you find them in all threads pertaining to electricity consumption.

if he unplugs his fridge and TV his meter runs backwards with the aircon on full blast. :whistling:

Think he needs a Plug on end of Aircon unit.

Live in small 2 bed, lounge, kitchen, bathroom house outside small village area of a market town.

Gardens all around.   Local area seems to have a micro climate, cold desert winds from China in the winter.

PEA is supplier, unit cost inc tax is 3.6 baht.

Winter bills 200 baht, summer 600 baht.   2 AC's, use only if high humidity.

Neighbours bill 50 - 200 baht inc. one AC; in winter their bill can be below 50 baht so no charge.

Main line water bill about 60 baht, buy treated drinking water refilling 5 litre bottles at 1 baht litre.

Edited by Speedo1968
Additional text

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

Live in small 2 bed, lounge, kitchen, bathroom house outside small village area of a market town.

Gardens all around.   Local area seems to have a micro climate, cold desert winds from China in the winter.

PEA is supplier, unit cost inc tax is 3.6 baht.

Winter bills 200 baht, summer 600 baht.   2 AC's, use only if high humidity.

Neighbours bill 50 - 200 baht inc. one AC; in winter their bill can be below 50 baht so no charge.

Main line water bill about 60 baht, buy treated drinking water refilling 5 litre bottles at 1 baht litre.

And you call that living.?. i hope you still young so things get better.. we as Students cooked Bacon with an Electric Iron, no oven back then.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, wgdanson said:

You are very lucky man. 500 Bht is 125 units per month / 30 = 4.14 units per day. A small fridge will take at least one unit, a 9BTU a/c takes between 500 and 1000 watts, depending on condition and temperature selected. Lets average it at 750 x 14 = 10.5 units PER DAY, 300 per month x 4 Bht per unit. You don't have to be Rachel Riley to do the maths.

My bill was 138 units, which I have already stated. 497/133 = around 3.6 baht a unit.

I don't see your point? Or what you are even getting at.

Edited by Finnc99

9 hours ago, Naam said:

he is one of the chosen people who own miracle aircons. you find them in all threads pertaining to electricity consumption.

if he unplugs his fridge and TV his meter runs backwards with the aircon on full blast. :whistling:

Lolol, you people in this forum are so salty. Have to argue with everything. I use the aircon from average 7pm until 9am, fridge is always on, never use the TV it is actually unplugged.

If you actually looked at the government pricing you would realise it is actually less than 4baht. My aircon is brand new, so is the fridge. Fridge is on the lowest setting and aircon is mostly on 28 - at nights is on 26. 

And here is my receipt since your brain struggles to believe it.

43006825_170623403847643_7190018468912037888_n.jpg.33a1135b0fe8022ba0642a83f5bff875.jpg

Edited by Finnc99
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Finnc99 said:

I use the aircon from average 7pm until 9am,

aircon is mostly on 28

there wouldn't have been any salty comments if this info was available. there's a huge big difference using aircon at night vs. daytime.

• Like 1

I know someone here who was renting a small house.  He wanted to do some work on his electrics so he shut off the main incoming breaker, and was surprised to see the A/C still running.  He then checked the meter and it was stopped.  Seems the owner had taken his A/C feed BEFORE the meter.... 

Needless to say he kept quiet..!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Get you figures correct before critisizing others. NO WAY can ANY a/c on 12 hours a day use less than your bill. Even if it only uses average 500 watts (0.5 units) per hour x 12 hours x 30 days = 180 units x 3.6 = 648 Bht. 

Perhaps hes a failed Ferang Maths Teacher, teaching English here. Never read such rubbish.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Get you figures correct before critisizing others. NO WAY can ANY a/c on 12 hours a day use less than your bill. Even if it only uses average 500 watts (0.5 units) per hour x 12 hours x 30 days = 180 units x 3.6 = 648 Bht. 

When I installed a small A/C in my bedroom (after a couple of years using only fans) my bill only increased by around 300bt /month.  A/C was only on for around 8-10 hours, at 28 C, and was cycling perhaps no more than 20% of the time (except during the really hot season). 

Of course everything else, well & irrigation pumps, shower, fridge, lights, etc. was already using around 2x that, but I was surprised how little extra the A/C used.  I later bought a small upright fridge/freezer and the bill again went up by a similar amount - this time surprised by how much it had increased. 

• Like 2

I can't see under 500 baht is possible if you use your air con 10 hours daily !  Are you sure you live there 30 days per month ? 

Maybe you just pop in for 1 week and impress us with your bill . 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

And you call that living.?. i hope you still young so things get better.. we as Students cooked Bacon with an Electric Iron, no oven back then.

72 if that means am i still young.    Hippie trails from Uk to Asia etc twice in the early 1970's, roadside or wherever sleeping.  Stayed by a river for nearly 2 months in Malaysia in 1971 on a tiny sand beach in a tent etc etc, water and electric no charge.    Lived back of beyond in South America for 6 years also in 1970s, dug own well for water etc.    I wasn't a student just a traveler.

Edited by Speedo1968
additional text

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

72 if that means am i still young.    Hippie trails from Uk to Asia etc twice in the early 1970's, roadside or wherever sleeping.  Stayed by a river for nearly 2 months in Malaysia in 1971 on a tiny sand beach in a tent etc etc, water and electric no charge.    Lived back of beyond in South America for 6 years also in 1970s, dug own well for water etc.    I wasn't a student just a traveler.

I see, never saved much then sleeping by roadsides n beaches, Jungles etc.Hence the  thrifty lifestyle now.

2 hours ago, Naam said:

here's the beef and proof that the Right Honourable Sir Finn is trying to büllshite. look at the consumptions of earlier months! 23kWh in the usually hottest month of the year? 8kWh in may? 

Finn BS.jpg

Yes sir, that was with two Aircon units on 24/7. Only 8 units! 

Impressive right?