What to do in case of assault?

falangUK

1 hour ago, falangUK said:

Is this the most important thing that's happened to you today - someone moving your m/c?

Nope I think for the whole week ????  or maybe the whole month! I am bored!

Be adult about it, & move your m/c to a place that doesn't inconvenience anyone, allows other people to park, & doesn't cause childish confrontation.

>>> I think I will ditch the m/c and walk, I do inconvenience the Thai drivers and riders, especially when they are dither ????

In short. Grow up!

HOW?

Easier said than done! change the habits of a lifetime? ????

Let me put to you this way, this is NOT our country, we're gust here and no matter how many years we're here, NOT our laws of respect, courtesy and decency, NOT our language and we're NOT equal to them when it comes to US Vs. THEM, we will lose every time, do you still with to fit a round peg into a square hole?...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget the fighting, especially if it's a place where you come to often.. more trouble than it's worth, although I certainly understand how you are feeling. I really don't like people touching my bike. I bring some beers from back home to my condo security guy and in return he takes extra good care of my bikes.. make sure nobody touches them and if they have to be moved, do it carefully ????

Just get some cheap, sensitive and really loud alarm from Lazada/Aliexpress and put it on your bike. 

Question is just are you more crazy then the Thais. Some seem to have absolutely regard for their actions, meaning that some of them are so crazy that they might do serious damage to you during a fight. I prefer not to fight as I think about what can happen, you can either get beat up yourself maybe real bad or you can beat someone up badly and end in jail.

All that for a parking spot, i think ill pass. 

What i don't get is why you don't repeat talking with Tesco, it seems to have helped for 1 year.. do it again and your safe for a year again.

3 hours ago, falangUK said:

Very sensible advice indeed, this is probably the best course of action. 
But 
1. I would lose face
2. I would feel bad about running away from conflict. I've probably walked away from too many.
3. The gent has no right to move my bike because I am not parking in his premises. 

How do you really think this woukd end well 
>>> I don't think it will end well. 

or what are you expecting to be the final result?
>> Not really sure. but just hate the idea of having to be a p*ussy 

Grow up man child!

3 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

Grow up man child!

If he doesn't grow up and find a sensible solution to a simple problem, we will be reading about him here some day soon.

Farang Beat to a Pulp by 8 Thais Over Parking Dispute

Or

Farang Clings to Life After Beating. Thai Perps Say Self Defence

7 minutes ago, falangUK said:

Do you have any specific advice on a how a "man child" can grow up preferably in smaller steps? 

Yup, take advice from your 'elders & betters' on tvf.

????

Btw op, have you reached puberty yet?

We can also advise on the changes in your body if you're not sure. :laugh:????

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yup, take advice from your 'elders & betters' on tvf.

????

Btw op, have you reached puberty yet?

We can also advise on the changes in your body if you're not sure. :laugh:????

Just to change the subject completely https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/15/elon-musk-british-diver-thai-cave-rescue-pedo-twitter

5 hours ago, falangUK said:

would be grateful for any advice from anyone with experience

Doubt if there would be too many of them...most people I would imagine would just park elsewhere.

You know what they say "Do you want to be happy...or right"?

3 hours ago, falangUK said:

What's wrong with being a p*ussy?
It beats the ass off being dead.
>>> Can't argue with that ????

No disrespect meant but I see that you are fairly new to TVF. Keep reading. It is a great resource to help learn "how the wheels turn" in Thailand.
>> Never been perceptive enough to fit into any culture/country that I ever lived in ????

Get into a fight; it won't be one on one. Probably more like 5 on you.
>>> Probably 10 excluding the Burmese staff ????

Park elsewhere. Enjoy the reasons you are in Thailand. Live and let live, a good rule for any foreigner (like me).
>>> Maybe that's the whole point, I have become bored of LOS! kind of difficult to see (or remember) the reasons for the 7+ yrs of extended holiday in LOS

Bored with LOS? Try the UK!

6 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Make things difficult for him, leave your wheel lock on.

Great idea but this kind of Thai travels in "packs". He and the pack would just carry it away.

6 hours ago, falangUK said:

Also I have a feeling that this will happen again whenever I park in the future, which might escalate into a fight (I know how stupid getting in to fight with 10+ Thais on my own)

What is the best course of action in case of assault? 

Let them drag your bike around, they do it everywhere, you can't stop them and it doesn't do any harm.

Stop being confrontational, just go with the flow.

The guy paid to move bikes around is also watching your bike isn't stolen.

4 hours ago, falangUK said:

Tried that before, bought sweets, M50, cakes but that escalated the situation ???? maybe I was taken for a p*ussy ????

Maybe you should buy him an M16 instead of a M50(M150) i think All your problems will be solved very fast ????

I think you already know the answer.  There is no being a pussy if you avoid being in a fight.  The only outcomes are bad. and this is your neigbour, even if you do demolish the structure of every limb and do so without others seeing/being recorded on mobile or police involvement, you are still a neigbour.

I had a similar issue where at the end of the day my only point was proving to the neighbour that they don't own the road next to their house, and that everyone is entitled to park anywhere on the road.

It achieved nothing in the long run, I proved my point and the police got involved at one point after threats made by thai neighbour.

a few years on, I don't even bother parking in this once coveted parking place since there is more space after a number of people left the village/ outpriced or moved away or something. so I just aggravated a neigbour over a point of principle - and the fact that its a convenient space to get in and out of without paralel parking etc.

there is no weakness involved in avoiding an easily avoidable fight.

5 hours ago, falangUK said:

1.  How do you really think this would end well 
2. >>> I don't think it will end well. 

3. or what are you expecting to be the final result?
4. >> Not really sure. but just hate the idea of having to be a p*ussy 

1. Would not end well for you, win or lose. ????????????????????????????

2. Your right. 

3. Hospital, fines, Bangkok Hilton and the need for deep pockets.

4. Don't get that idea, the bikes being moved without you having to do it.

My bikes get move all the time, I actually leave it without lock so it is easier for them to move without getting scratch, I moves bikes all the times too when I need, carefully off course, I see no problem at all in this, is just part of having bikes in a city where there is also other millions bikes...

Sometimes I hear this when someone tries to step over line or break the law/rules or whatever: “but this is Thailand”. And I reply always: “of course, sure it is, thanks for reminding me”, but I always keep in mind that this is the best answer to bunch of empty heads or strugglers for life. 

Engaging in physical fight will just put you in trouble, because they are too many who are in the same boat in their world. Never ending story. 

Just now, marcusarelus said:

"I love it here but if my wife finds out about my 17 mia nois I'm in big trouble."  Is that what you mean?

yeah, that can happen, but if you are a sweet hansum man, that sort of confrontation here is easy to handle.

Archived