America's image worsens under Trump

webfact

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

You loosing one important factor! He is a selfclaimed billionear, started with two empty hands. Well, almost, he got one million from his father, and made it to billions. 

Yes, he has openly claimed he started with a gift from his father. He tooks millions and made a billion with it. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Could you make a billion with a million?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, impulse said:

A lot of my so called friends never forgave me when I quit drinking.  My image with them worsened immensely when I quit getting drunk and spending a wad every weekend buying rounds.

My image may have worsened, but the quality of my life and my self esteem (and my bank account) sure did benefit.

And if you didn't get the connection to the topic, read it again...

Well, let us know if your friends are missing you immensely, or are they still enjoying themselves.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

is there some reason that Thaivisa only posts anti American stories like this constantly?  all anti President Trump and anti America bashing and HATRED 24/7.

There are Americans on this forum. How about if Thaivisa bashed the UK 24/7 and give the USA a break.

TV is makin' an effort to balance all the Thai bashing - go west

UK is no good on the neither east nor west longitude

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Well in that case this is high fashion.

Criminal fraud. Serious jail time.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

Sins of the father, and maybe the sons. The same could be said of the Kennedys. Catch them in the act I say. Now it's just political, like third world countries do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Actually, America's image has not been good for quite a while and Trump has destroyed it. I only hope that he will continue his damaging administration until the coming "Blue Wave" takes his corrupt party out of power. With any luck, it may be 20 years before public amnesia allows another Republican to be elected.

ha!

if you end up with 2 gop houses before xmas the likelihood is high

you'll have Trump as potus in the next period

have seen a series of analysis predicting R doing pretty well next month

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It was more than 400 million, acquired by tax fraud. Considering that he would have been richer if he'd just deposited it in gilts, most people probably would have made much more than him.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

If he ever releases his tax returns, will make interesting reading.

It's quite clear now from his business dealings that he was never fit for office. Time for impeachment, probably straight after the mid terms.

None of that are impeachable offenses. This is just pre election posturing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

Try $400m

Excactly my point, and news from rhe other link I posted. Sure it is fake news thow ????

News is North Korea Ill jung Jong and Trump will get Nobel peace price announced 11 am Paris time! Cant wait 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Yes, he has openly claimed he started with a gift from his father. He tooks millions and made a billion with it. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Could you make a billion with a million?

Did you miss this on the BBC News website this morning?

Try reading it as it may open your eyes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45727617

What does the paper allege about the president?

Mr Trump has repeatedly styled himself as a self-made billionaire who got little help from his wealthy father's property empire.

But in a special investigation based on more than 100,000 pages of documents, the New York Times alleges that the president actually received the equivalent of $413m (£318m).

"By age 3, Mr Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today's dollars from his father's empire," it states. "He was a millionaire by age 8."

The report claims Mr Trump was getting the equivalent of $1m a year from his father shortly after he graduated from college.

That figure had risen to more than $5m by the time he was in his forties and fifties, it states.

How did Donald Trump make his fortune?

Trump's life story: From hotel developer to president

Donald Trump 2005 tax return leaked

The Times reports: "Much of this money came to Mr Trump because he helped his parents dodge taxes. He and his siblings set up a sham corporation to disguise millions of dollars in gifts from their parents."

The paper also alleges that the president "helped his father take improper tax deductions worth millions more". It says he helped cut his parents' tax bill through a strategy that undervalued their property assets by hundreds of millions of dollars.

Not quite the same story you posted is it, but I expect that you will call it "Fake News"

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

The UK support for the US in Iraq and Afghanistan, cost the UK billions and the lives of many British soldiers (some at the hands of US "crack" troops).

What thanks did we get for that?

not much, well deserved

British hooligans going to mid-east to kill people - eat your medicine

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Except over the Falklands, when the US refused to back British proposals at the UN as they were more concerned about cosying up to and backing the Argentinian military junta than supporting the UK. Fair weather friends.

I would love to think that my American cousins have a special relationship with us, but unfortunately, Trumps actions (actions speak louder than words) give lie to that.

the  US has a huge portfolio of crucial interests to take care of within OAS,

they cant stamp on Argentina in such a setting

Just now, melvinmelvin said:

not much, well deserved

British hooligans going to mid-east to kill people - eat your medicine

I doubt you'd say that nonsense to a British soldier who'd served in Iraq and Afganistan. He'd certainly make you eat your teeth.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Tax fraud, 400 more millions, blackmailing, and I can go on if you want! However I have made more money than I need for my lifestyle before 47 year. Still enjoy working time to time anyway! 

Most billioneers, is or are someone/something I do not stribe for. Name a billioneer you respect in all manner? 

A man I respect for all his manners, speaches and how he show family values, is Obama. Unbelievable America could go from a gentleman to this figur I only can compare to Mr Joker

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I doubt you'd say that nonsense to a British soldier who'd served in Iraq and Afganistan. He'd certainly make you eat your teeth.

Haha, you just proved the hooligan type! A professional soldier do his job not based on feelings!

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

ha!

if you end up with 2 gop houses before xmas the likelihood is high

you'll have Trump as potus in the next period

have seen a series of analysis predicting R doing pretty well next month

Yes, I've seen those same analyses....propaganda from Republican sources. Very easy to come by. After the election of Trump, ANYTHING is possible. It certainly would not surprise me if Trump won a second term. The stupidity of the American electorate is off the chart. Trump is completely out of control and seems hell-bent on doing as much damage to the status quo as he can. Supporting a POS like Kavanaugh, is proof that he does not care about anything except winning.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Hummin said:

Haha, you just proved the hooligan type! A professional soldier do his job not based on feelings!

He also expects respect for the job he does and doesn't take s**t from low lifes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinegarbase said:

He took a total of 413 million from his father. If he had just invested in a market fund and sat back and kept his fingers outta the cash he would have been infinitely more successful and richer. Good work Donald.

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

He took a total of 413 million from his father. If he had just invested in a market fund and sat back and kept his fingers outta the cash he would have been infinitely more successful and richer. Good work Donald.

You may be right, or not, but who cares?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

He also expects respect for the job he does and doesn't take s**t from low lifes.

if the guy is dumb enough to go killing in the mid-east for money because some <deleted> British PM desires to

make a name for himself he is probably dumb enough to expect respect

he deserves contempt, not respect

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, melvinmelvin said:

if the guy is dumb enough to go killing in the mid-east for money because some <deleted> British PM desires to

make a name for himself he is probably dumb enough to expect respect

he deserves contempt, not respect

So does that go for US soldiers too?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Yes, I've seen those same analyses....propaganda from Republican sources. Very easy to come by. After the election of Trump, ANYTHING is possible. It certainly would not surprise me if Trump won a second term. The stupidity of the American electorate is off the chart. Trump is completely out of control and seems hell-bent on doing as much damage to the status quo as he can. Supporting a POS like Kavanaugh, is proof that he does not care about anything except winning.

no doubt R would be able to provide such

however, my source is Scandinavian analysts,

the very same people that early on in the Presidential campaign period (say after Easter) were pretty clear

that Trump would win -  they said; sure cannot know, but all my indicators point to Trump win, not big, but win.

And they were early on very clear that the Clinton campaign went the wrong way.

but, we will see

with 2 dem houses chances are Trump will not bother about 2nd term,

he would hardly fancy 4 years uphill fighting

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That is suggesting a FALSE equivalence between the two sides. Similar to the "trump" response to the Nazi rally in Virginia. "Good people on both sides." No. "trump" is historically toxic. If the republicans had put up someone normal like Jeb Bush, we wouldn't be where we are regardless of who won. Blame where blame is deserved -- "trump" and his TDS infected fans. 

I understand your point, but am afraid I don't entirely agree. Mainly because, if Trump stood for election a decade or two ago, he wouldn't have stood a chance. Just like bacteria in a petri dish, the conditions have to be right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1