Serial Korean rapist hiding in Thailand first offender on Big Joke's radar

webfact

Serial Korean rapist hiding in Thailand first offender on Big Joke's radar

9PM.jpg

New commissioner of the immigration police Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpal gave a press conference in which he announced that a serial rapist hiding in Thailand for three years has been arrested. 

He described the suspect as a serious danger to society.

Geunho Cho, 56 is a hotel owner in South Korea. His employees have been looking after his interests there while he has been on the run. 

They have sent him money to keep him going, a situation that the Korean authorities were finding deplorable.  

Maj-Gen Surachate said the Korean authorities had contacted the Thai immigration for help. On Friday Cho was found in the Saphan Sung area of Bangkok in Rat Pattana Road. 

His visa will be cancelled ahead of his deportation to South Korea where he will face assault and rape charges. 

Quoting unspecified sources Thai Rath said that Cho committed rape from 1988 through to 2015. He was repeatedly granted bail and managed to get off after intimidating witnesses and being involved in assault. 

In 2015 he was wanted again after skipping the country. 

Surachate - know as Big Joke in the media - took up his new post on Monday vowing decisive action on security and officers taking bribes. 

He described Cho as a danger to society and said that he would be blacklisted.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-02
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

New commissioner of the immigration police Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpal gave a press conference in which he announced that a serial rapist hiding in Thailand for three years has been arrested.

Is that when the 'good guy' came to do his 90 day report ?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JAG said:

Goodness, the line up from "Central Casting" look decidedly pissed off don't they!

Ah yes but  LOOK at that new lovely regulation haircut, the things that really  matter. new suit new haircut, all sorted!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Ah yes but  LOOK at that new lovely regulation haircut, the things that really  matter. new suit new haircut, all sorted!

Indeed, awesome haircuts - look like the local council got the contract...

I've been wondering about this.  With Big Joke in the driver's seat at Thai Immigration, will we see improvements in the efficiency of pathetically run Immigration offices such as Chiang Mai which is simply an embarrassment (where else in Thailand do elderly retirees have to line up outside exposed to the elements at Zero-Dark-Thirty in order to submit an annual extension renewal?) - or - will the focus be on "Bad Guys Out' and highly publicized immigration busts so that the Big Jokester can stay in the limelight? 
???? "Hummm.  Why am I thinking the later?"

Edited by connda

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Line up of senior officers, all of them look totally pis++d off.

They are collectively thinking, what have we done to deserve him and all his bs.:cheesy::cheesy:

On the contrary Colin, several of these faces were seen in the past with him at the tourist police. He has brought his team rather like premiership managers have their own backroom staff these days.

Also the bods at Immigration might be concerned that the Maj-Gen is actually going to clean things up. That would be a real reason to frown!

Rooster

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

On the contrary Colin, several of these faces were seen in the past with him at the tourist police. He has brought his team rather like premiership managers have their own backroom staff these days.

Also the bods at Immigration might be concerned that the Maj-Gen is actually going to clean things up. That would be a real reason to frown!

Rooster

And you think or hope that Big Joke has advanced his career purely on merit and in no way tarnished by the general perception of the RTP and/or RTP Immigration department ?  It would be a good start if this were to be the case but given his rise to fame, care of the Junta,  I think you are overly optimistic in that regard

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Perhaps they are now going to have to earn their pay? How sad, too bad, never mind.

Interestingly, all have their parachute insignia - must have been an "altogether now" jump off the office desk? ???? 

Why do they and every other uniform carrier, all have parachute insignia?

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

5 out of 6 senior officers feel they should have had BJ's job.

They are certain to have their noses out of joint. Big Fake was anointed by his mentor Prawit and with his backing he was an odds-on certainty. No co-incidence that BF was transferred to Prawit's department and then, big surprise, he gets the top job.

In time Prawit will retire and BF will become his protector and minder. 

Edited by Cadbury
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Why do they and every other uniform carrier, all have parachute insignia?

I even once saw a uniformed cashier chick in the Airport link skytrain wearing parachute wings. I wonder how much they cost at the insignia shop. I might get one and sew it on my shirt to impress immigration officers who also wear them. It might create a fellowship between us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

I even once saw a uniformed cashier chick in the Airport link skytrain wearing parachute wings. I wonder how much they cost at the insignia shop. I might get one and sew it on my shirt to impress immigration officers who also wear them. It might create a fellowship between us.

If they are in the school cadets, they have the chance to train on and jump from a scaffolding tower, with a rope attached to a parachutists harness which lowers them to the ground. This gets them wings, which they can then wear on whatever uniform they subsequently may wear. I jest not!

• Like 1