Governor Aswin comes clean on Bangkok flooding

webfact

34 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

I have a really good automated system at home, does just about everything. Cooks, cleans and brings me beer. She has a great ass and great tits too..

with slot for key to be turned on?

or no slot - permanently turned on?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Aswin said the construction contractor had not handed over the well to the city so officials had no key to turn on the pumps.

You mean the auspicious Key-Handing-Over Ceremony with monks blessings and flowers has not been done yet? Well, what are you waiting for? Get the keys, feed the monks. Duh.

• Haha 1

Well, Well, Well Who would ever believe the audacity to publish this was caused because The Officials could not get the keys. Faulty Towers could not beat this effort, Emmanuel you are no longer alone. As most Farangs would say " things like this could only happen in Thailand". Surely someone in power had access to the keys .Is there no  responsibility that go with government jobs.  

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

They do start automatically:

When the water reaches critical level, a member of staff is automatically sent off to find the key to start the pump.

Is there some other kind of automatic?

An engineer with master degree follows up to turn the key in the wrong direction....

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

They do start automatically:

When the water reaches critical level, a member of staff is automatically sent off to find the key to start the pump.

Is there some other kind of automatic?

Yes there is! The other, more efficient "Automatic" tends to reside in western 1st world countries where it was first termed by the Greeks, which is possibly why here it is all Greek to them. In LOS, the term is really applicable only outside of technology and engineering. Like before you have sex you will automatically be told how much. Or when paying up front for a job to be done automatically ensures the job won't be done...I could go on and on almost becoming automatic!

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Sadly he couldn't find the key because some other dumbo had hung it on the wrong nail.

Can't wait for PM Prayut's latest catch cry.........."Sack them!"

The precedent has been set. He sacked Pattaya's Mayor; why can't he do the same with this one?

PM promises no flooding in Bangkok this year unless we can't find the key.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Sadly he couldn't find the key because some other dumbo had hung it on the wrong nail.

Can't wait for PM Prayut's latest catch cry.........."Sack them!"

The precedent has been set. He sacked Pattaya's Mayor; why can't he do the same with this one?

The new ones worse comment void

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

that he would take action on the big construction projects that blocked the city's water drainage.

Governor: Take action (instant dismissal) against the incompetent official/s, in your Administration, who lost the key/s! That would be a start.  :post-4641-1156693976:  

And don't minimise Administration incompetency by looking to blame others for other possible incidences. MAN UP! 

• Like 1

Well, they better find the key, or have a replacement made pretty quick - 'cos this morning as I rode my motorbike along the River Ping in Chiangmai, I noticed that the water level has risen alarmingly since the extremely heavy and prolonged rainfall on Tuesday night. 

The water level is up by at least 1.5m, I would think - maybe more, and the underpass near Police Region 5 being below the current water level is likely to flood if more rain falls in the next couple of days.

This water, of course meets the R. Nan on it's way south to BKK and I believe it joins a couple more rivers further south. All this water is heading towards the capital at a great rate of knots and they may need that key very soon......?

1 hour ago, THE REVERAND said:

Well, Well, Well Who would ever believe the audacity to publish this was caused because The Officials could not get the keys. Faulty Towers could not beat this effort, Emmanuel you are no longer alone. As most Farangs would say " things like this could only happen in Thailand". Surely someone in power had access to the keys .Is there no  responsibility that go with government jobs.  

Short answer: No

But you knew that already.

Give the guy his due for admitting it though but hey why not, there is no action taken, so FI why not just call it what it is...next please Miss.....ahhh yes the old Bangkok is sinking (and stinking) story...yup thats us too! Next, but give me something with some teeth this time Miss.

Edited by Dukeleto

19 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Keys to turn on water-pumps?, what a bulsh...! Those kind of pumps have to start automatic when the water in the "water-bank"  reach a certain level, nobody has to start anything or otherwise what kind of pumps are those....... on steam? what time they live in.

If I'm reading it right, the underground tank system with pump s has not been handed over yet. 

Not Commissioned in other words. 

So the keys were not with the city department responsible for water downpours. 

Automatically activated or not. 

Another ministry of silly walks cock up.

received_282109472401209.gif