Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

webfact

2PM.jpg

Picture: INN

The newly appointed head of Thai Immigration had a stark warning for visa agents and their customers extending visas yesterday.

I am coming to arrest you wherever you are. 

Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan - known as Big Joke in the media - was speaking after the arrest of a Thai woman in Samrong in Bangkok.

Yupin Jantakhat, 55, was acting as a visa extension agent. She has been charged with falsifying tax documents for the purpose of seeking visa extensions for her clients. 

Two Nigerians, who were not named, presented the false papers at the government immigration offices in Chaeng Wattana. 

INN reported that Yupin was handling visas mostly for Indians, Pakistanis and Nigerians. (In their report they also added the Thai symbol for "etc" to that list without explaining what that meant). 

Yupin was arrested in Soi Dan Samrong, North Samrong after the paper trail led to her residence there. 

Maj-Gen Surachate, who only took up his new role on Monday after moving from the tourist police, said that immigration will be going after all agents and their customers nationwide involved in procuring visa extensions with fake documents. 

A large Thai media presence, used to following the Maj-Gen's crime busting forays at the TPB, were in attendance yesterday.

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-04

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement, yeh right good luck, money talks all languages, where does he think the bulk of that money goes, to immigration officers, der....

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners

No other countries in the region make such a big deal about immigration.  They have clear laws and no celebrity policemen looking for the limelight.  Thai immigration is special but not in a good way.  

I guess that fake documents probably also mean the visa made easy companies that advertise that they will deal with the financial requirements when submitting for the retirement extension as that is technically fraudulent. I wonder how many people in Thailand have gained their OA extension based on a fake bank statement?

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

Tough words! Big Fake won't be going after anyone that's for sure. That will be the responsibility of those at the coal face who do his dirty work for him which is fair enough. 

All that BF will be going after is the publicity for himself later in front of his signature heavy duty vinyl banner plus as many media people with cameras he can invite along. 

Most other Ministers seem to get on and do their jobs without all this self glorification and media hoopla nonsense. What makes him so special?

48 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Most other Ministers seem to get on and do their jobs without all this self glorification and media hoopla nonsense. What makes him so special?

Hahahahahahahaha!

This is Thailand we are talking about? Ministers 'quietly getting on with their jobs? May be they are quiet but that is so nobody knows what they are really up to. These are Thai males you are describing, overinflated egos as large as their elicit bank balances.

I hate to say it but this looks like a very good move for Thailand. Myself, I expect harsher treatment even after living here 13 years, same address and same wife - but so long as you are legal you should have nothing to worry about.

Immigration officials have more to fear than any foreigner. Hopefully there is a certain 'birdman' running for the hills as I speak!  

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

No other countries in the region make such a big deal about immigration.  They have clear laws and no celebrity policemen looking for the limelight.  Thai immigration is special but not in a good way.  

It is about time some.good.things are said about the majority of forien

Its about gtime some good things are said about the majority of us foriegners who totally abide by all Thai laws, visa requirements etc. Why do we all get labled withlaw dodging .

Not quite true, I'm well aware of my Thai staff and one farang staff (all from Bkk office) having to be very careful of visas., etc., when they were seconded to work on client projects in S/pore and KL. And If you extend that to Australia, the OZ imm. folks are even more serious.

Further, when my Thai son studied in Singapore, son and his student hostel manager then his host family watched his visa documents, renewals etc., very carefully and seriously.

But perhaps your suggesting that Thailand should just let anybody come and stay without much checking.

Would you be happy if the gov't / immigration dept., of your home country allowed people to walk in and stay with little checking?

Do you think the mainstream Thai population expect that their Imm. people to be serious about this subject?

Good Lord, why don't they put an end to this once and for all. All visa's except for retirement and marriage visa's are banned unless you are Chinese. 

The new Thai slogan should be "All foreigners out except for retiree's, All foreigners in if you are Chinese." Fixed it for them.

24 minutes ago, asiamaster said:

The answer is simple -they won't be getting their cut anymore...

They wont accept a salary cut. The 'Jobby' will be moved on or cease this campaign or legislation will be introduced to normalise immigration rules. Don't rock the boat.

24 minutes ago, Dorian232 said:

It is about time some.good.things are said about the majority of forien

Its about gtime some good things are said about the majority of us foriegners who totally abide by all Thai laws, visa requirements etc. Why do we all get labled withlaw dodging .

Simple response - the new Imm guy was not talking about law abiding folks, he was referring to shady visa agents. And yes unethical imm. officers should also be found and punished. 

3 minutes ago, Notagain said:

Visa agents are not the only ones selling visas without the correct paperwork. But hey any business needs to stifle the competition to make more money.

The VA are the IO! 'The Jobby' is just making a move for his own financial advantage.

Big Joke please send more immigration officials

to Chiang Mai,people are having to start to queueing 

in the middle of the night,to be able to get a

number to be seen that day.unless you pay an

agent quite a bit of money,then it's easy.it needs

sorting out.

regards worgeordie

So does that mean he will make it easier for genuine people ? Or make it even harder? I have been living and working for over 15 years and every year they making it harder and harder. You would think after 15 years process would be super simplified but no, it’s onky more complex with more papers 

Archived