Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dorian232 said:

It is about time some.good.things are said about the majority of forien

Its about gtime some good things are said about the majority of us foriegners who totally abide by all Thai laws, visa requirements etc. Why do we all get labled withlaw dodging .

Because it`s a/holes that continually break the laws and trying to find ways to buck the system that places us all under the suspicion and in the end we all pay the price.

Blame them, not the police, authorities and BJ (Surachet Hakpal) that are trying to clamp down on those cheating the system and in-house corruption.

Mr Hakpal is my hero and I sincerely hope he will be prime minister someday. Those that legitimately qualify under the laws to stay in Thailand have nothing to fear, those that are not should either get out or be thrown out, we don`t need morons throwing spanners into the works and making it more difficult for the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Gotta say the junta has its faults but they do appear to to be trying harder than any before them to stamp out corruption

Goodness me...

A revelation from on high..do not look behind you just in case you turn into a pillar of salt.

Goodness me...

A revelation from on high..do not look behind you just in case you turn into a pillar of salt.
Dude get used to it the pm will be around a loooong time. Let's see if pm /big joke team stand firm on corruption after the elections.. Time will tell

Just now, blackhorse said:
9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:
Goodness me...

Dude get used to it the pm will be around a loooong time. Let's see if pm /big joke team stand firm on corruption after the elections.. Time will tell

I ain't a "dude"..and I don't have to get "used" to it.

So long, pal.

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Big Joke please send more immigration officials

to Chiang Mai,people are having to start to queueing 

in the middle of the night,to be able to get a

number to be seen that day.unless you pay an

agent quite a bit of money,then it's easy.it needs

sorting out.

regards worgeordie

Agree !
Send more staff to CNX and let them work in short shifts, so they must not look in the moody faces of the retirees for hours who would be busy right on the day they have to go immigration.
"Every day I am bored, nothing to do! Why today I have to go there ?
BJ, please make it easy for both sides...

Agree !
Send more staff to CNX and let them work in short shifts, so they must not look in the moody faces of the retirees for hours who would be busy right on the day they have to go immigration.
"Every day I am bored, nothing to do! Why today I have to go there ?
BJ, please make it easy for both sides...
Ii

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Big Joke please send more immigration officials

to Chiang Mai,people are having to start to queueing 

in the middle of the night,to be able to get a

number to be seen that day.unless you pay an

agent quite a bit of money,then it's easy.it needs

sorting out.

regards worgeordie

Agree, Chiang Mai has to be the worse immigration system in the whole country. It is in serious need of reform.

Now maybe we have someone with clout who can eradicate all the middle people from the system.

5 hours ago, The manic said:

The agents work closely with individual IOs who get paid for their services, (which is basically helping people cope with stupid laws) The money generated will go to a 'bagman' in the Dept who will ensure its distributed to everybody. Look at the London Met or police forces in the USA. Everybody gets an envelope from top to bottom.

This type of system is endemic in some ASEAN countries. I had a friend who worked in customs dept. every month a brown envelope would be placed upon his desk. Being a good Christian, he declined to accept it. Good friends advised him to quit the dept because if there is any heat on the dept, he would be suspected as the squealer and his health would be compromised. No brainer. He quit. 

1 minute ago, Ctkong said:

This type of system is endemic in some ASEAN countries. I had a friend who worked in customs dept. every month a brown envelope would be placed upon his desk. Being a good Christian, he declined to accept it. Good friends advised him to quit the dept because if there is any heat on the dept, he would be suspected as the squealer and his health would be compromised. No brainer. He quit. 

Yes, indeed.

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

Gotta say the junta has its faults but they do appear to to be trying harder than any before them to stamp out corruption

Indeed.

Akin to asking the foxes to watch over the hen house. 

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

Good Christian?

Hmmm......might that be a term of contradictory? 

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Indeed.

Akin to asking the foxes to watch over the hen house. 

Anyone who is not bucking the system in Thailand would welcome this move to erase the corruption from the immigration processes, yet you are full of criticism. Wonder why? Worried maybe?

56 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Anyone who is not bucking the system in Thailand would welcome this move to erase the corruption from the immigration processes, yet you are full of criticism. Wonder why? Worried maybe?

Erase the corruption? Come on cyberfarang, you've been about a long time. Surely you realise this is just "transfer of beneficiary". 

Just put CCTV cameras in every office of government and put Big Joke at the monitor. All that is required thereafter is the guts and conviction to arrest every employee if government and put them in jail. Then employ honest people who do their job. Thereafter no more illegal immigrants or illegal enterprises. Less road kill. Less violence. More happiness.

9 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

why do people bother with extensions? I have never done them. still do border runs on an o marriage visa. Its cheap and we take a family holiday every year to my home.

If everyone did 'border runs' using a ME non 'O' instead of extensions, they would put a stop to it pdq. Telling others to copy you is like turkeys voting for Christmas!

8 hours ago, time2093 said:

Those are prices from 15 years ago, I was quoted anywhere from 25,000-50,000 bhat these days from visa agents in Pattaya for under the table extensions as they all say its very hard these days not same as before lol..... Think IL stick with getting the Non O visas at neighboring countries.

For the past 12 years my wife has been getting my 1 year extension for 1,900 baht (which is how much it costs), but I now refuse to pay that and have reverted back to a multiple Non O visa. I refuse to give any money to the immigration.

If any clampdown does happen it will be simply game over for the visa agents, and more business for the embassies and consulates in Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia etc.

14 hours ago, yellowboat said:

No other countries in the region make such a big deal about immigration.  They have clear laws and no celebrity policemen looking for the limelight.  Thai immigration is special but not in a good way.  

Agreed.....but this is all hype.  Something the LOS is good at doing.  They do to their own people when they need too.  Now for us foreigners, they are doing the same.  It can easily turn into a change of attitude and mis-guided attitudes towards foreigners in general.  It's not helpful at all.  While we all want the bad guys out, this will also bring unwanted speculation as to YOU and if you are qualified to enter the Kingdom and stay here.  They need some savior, hero to do this crap.  If you watch Thai TV, it's the same crap.  8 stars for all the movies and all the commercials.  Funny but not really.  Catch the bad guys because your system and procedures are in place, not because some bloke wants to see a Ronald McDonald statue of himself sitting in front of immigration one day.  People like this can easily get the backing of the core administration and well anything goes at that point.  Do your job, smile for the camera and get your brownie points.  This crap is useless and will do nothing to stop the bull-**it going on here with bad people. Just for show....

14 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Tough words! Big Fake won't be going after anyone that's for sure. That will be the responsibility of those at the coal face who do his dirty work for him which is fair enough. 

All that BF will be going after is the publicity for himself later in front of his signature heavy duty vinyl banner plus as many media people with cameras he can invite along. 

Most other Ministers seem to get on and do their jobs without all this self glorification and media hoopla nonsense. What makes him so special?

Ah come on do not be so jealous remember he is also the end of the chain if there are no results he is the guy who will lose his job, even in Thailand all this spotlight he is getting now could backfire if he doesn;t come thru

38 minutes ago, taxin said:

For the past 12 years my wife has been getting my 1 year extension for 1,900 baht (which is how much it costs), but I now refuse to pay that and have reverted back to a multiple Non O visa. I refuse to give any money to the immigration.

If any clampdown does happen it will be simply game over for the visa agents, and more business for the embassies and consulates in Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia etc.

You do realize you are just paying a different part of the government for your non-0.

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement,

No , read the article  again, the lady agent was falsifying tax documents for Nigerians and Pakistanis . Clearly criminal activity.  

Not the same as an agent who work directly with the immigration offices. 

Archived