Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BJ should have lots of falang violators to pursue. 

What percent of falangs... 

Don't get the right visa? 

How many pay to fudge getting their visa?

Fudge their work permit?

Work but don't have a work permit?

How many get bogus ED visas? 

Are overstayers? 

That leaves what percent of falangs that are cleanly here? 

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement, yeh right good luck, money talks all languages, where does he think the bulk of that money goes, to immigration officers, der....

Agreed. But come now...B10-15k??? I looked years ago and cheapest was B20,000 in Jomtien up to B32,000 in BKK! And you're absolutely correct about where much of the money goes, as the 20,000 in Jomtien was arranged and processed BY an Immigration Officer! :clap2:

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here's an idea.. just make this guy a PM and Thailand will be a better place for it.. or so we hope...

I agree, he must be a frigging robot for all these positions he has to run, or like in Thailand a new position means you forget the past ones

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Big Joke please send more immigration officials

to Chiang Mai,people are having to start to queueing 

in the middle of the night,to be able to get a

number to be seen that day.unless you pay an

agent quite a bit of money,then it's easy.it needs

sorting out.

regards worgeordie

Sounds like it's well and truly sorted

12 hours ago, Cletus said:

What a loser, he probably has no clue about the very negative consequences of a cut to corruption for the economy of Thailand.

<deleted> you talking about "very negative consequences for the economy of Thailand" ???

Are you a target of BJ ????

12 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I ain't a "dude"..and I don't have to get "used" to it.

So long, pal.

We have all got used to it, just a fact of life. Has it really affected the life of anyone on here?

Noone uses those agents and pays the hefty fees because they like to; it's because they have too. Same goes for visa runs - few do it by choice.  I see what a struggle it is for some of my friends to stay here completely legally, especially Indian. The rules are set up in a way that makes it impossible. 

Introduce better, easier, cheaper visa solutions and agents will be out of a job, corruption will diminish, visa run van death traps will vanish from the roads. 

51 minutes ago, manonthemon said:

Noone uses those agents and pays the hefty fees because they like to; it's because they have too. Same goes for visa runs - few do it by choice.  I see what a struggle it is for some of my friends to stay here completely legally, especially Indian. The rules are set up in a way that makes it impossible. 

Introduce better, easier, cheaper visa solutions and agents will be out of a job, corruption will diminish, visa run van death traps will vanish from the roads. 

"Noone uses those agents and pays the hefty fees because they like to; it's because they have too."

Not true.

I pay a visa agent 30,000 bht to deal with my retirement extensions and 90 day reports - even though I'm entirely legal.  Unfortunately, I get stressed v. easily, and don't need the hassle of it in my life ☹️.

I do understand though, the annoyance of those that do it themselves - and end up waiting for hours as the visa agents are given priority, as a friend of mine was complaining about this a few days ago.

5 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

So this pretender doesn't like foreigners? And he's coming to get me? I'm waiting bozo. Bring your media with you as well. Those racist cops with a pot belly are always good to laugh at their tough talk.

Thailand is becoming a disgrace with such openly racist officials. 

"So this pretender doesn't like foreigners?"

Ohh, any evidence to support your statement?  

19 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Oh..sweet Jesus...altho' sarcasm certainly has its uses.

Where you come from, would you prefer to live in the most socio economic deprived suburbs or in a suburb higher up on the ladder?  No sarcasm meant, just the way I feel. 

18 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

Thanks, Big Joke for that statement; "visa fraudsters and foreigners (...)" Or, was it supposed to mean '(all) foreigners are visa fraudsters'? - Is xenophobia reaching new highs in Thailand? Well, we're close to a (so-called) "election", after all, and someone has to be blamed for Thailand's corruption, failed politics and mismanagement, as well as for social ills and the unequal society!

Thailand should worry more about their own compatriotes committing visa fraud in Korea, Japan, Australia, etc. 

"Xenophobia"??? It's only foreigners that need visas, Thais don't. How can that be xenophobia?

On 10/4/2018 at 8:04 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Keep on truckin' you will get there in the end..

By the way Thailand has about a million expats-care to point out a white politician,a white anything here?

No..of course you can't!

Off you go-into the outer darkness.

'By the way Thailand has about a million expats-care to point out a white politician,a white anything here?'

What a daft comment - we are talking about national teams, why would any country have non-citizens representing them?

Clue - expats are not Thai nationals...

Or don't you count people with dark skins as 'Aussie'?

On 10/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, BestB said:

So does that mean he will make it easier for genuine people ? Or make it even harder? I have been living and working for over 15 years and every year they making it harder and harder. You would think after 15 years process would be super simplified but no, it’s onky more complex with more papers 

And why it that, I extended my visa 3 days ago (marriage) which was the 17th time, took 35 minutes from sitting down at the desk to walking out the door, included in the time was a couple of minutes while the house location map was redrawn by the IO. So what are you doing wrong? 

On 10/4/2018 at 10:59 AM, yellowboat said:

No other countries in the region make such a big deal about immigration.  They have clear laws and no celebrity policemen looking for the limelight.  Thai immigration is special but not in a good way.  

Exactly. Most seem perpetually 'on stage', always acting. It's part of the culture and probably partly to blame for why so many of us are easy prey for Noi from Nakhon Noplace. 

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:
On 10/4/2018 at 4:59 AM, yellowboat said:

No other countries in the region make such a big deal about immigration.  They have clear laws and no celebrity policemen looking for the limelight.  Thai immigration is special but not in a good way.  

Exactly. Most seem perpetually 'on stage', always acting. It's part of the culture and probably partly to blame for why so many of us are easy prey for Noi from Nakhon Noplace

The other countries in the region have a faction of the visitors that Thailand has. Unlike the other countries, Thailand has an increasing need to control numbers and enforce it’s immigration laws. 

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

The other countries in the region have a faction of the visitors that Thailand has. Unlike the other countries, Thailand has an increasing need to control numbers and enforce it’s immigration laws. 

Not that Thailand has a reputation for enforcing laws regularly or consistently, but, if Thailand has a need to enforce its immigration laws, it is mostly because they (READ: THAIS) have been breaking laws, encouraging lawbreakers to arrive and then ignoring obvious immigration crime.

I'm sure many of us have been propositioned by officials to pass money to 'make things smoother and faster'. 

Thais are the main source of this problem, not that other routine lawbreakers do not share some blame. 

On 10/4/2018 at 1:34 PM, blackhorse said:

Gotta say the junta has its faults but they do appear to to be trying harder than any before them to stamp out corruption

They are a corrup entity.  To start the fight against corruption they should stand down

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

Agreed,

But less of the fanfare and more of just getting on with the job, what's wrong with doing it like that?

46 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Agreed,

But less of the fanfare and more of just getting on with the job, what's wrong with doing it like that?

True, but I guess by publicising a crackdown they scare a few off that they otherwise probably won’t catch.

They are a corrup entity.  To start the fight against corruption they should stand down

Correct. Try using the Army’anti-corruption’ people and they all want bribe money for just doing their jobs.
Next!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I'm sure many of us have been propositioned by officials to pass money to 'make things smoother and faster'. 

Years ago, a Pattaya Immigration officer(!!) at the Pattaya Immigration building (that was before they moved to Jomtien) proposed to me to do the illegal thing and 'fly my passport out' for a visa, while I stayed in Bangkok. (This was at an official extension counter and in bright day-light.)

I politely declined.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:11 AM, troniccrypt said:

I guess that fake documents probably also mean the visa made easy companies that advertise that they will deal with the financial requirements when submitting for the retirement extension as that is technically fraudulent. I wonder how many people in Thailand have gained their OA extension based on a fake bank statement?

Loads of them. And if there is no check on the Bank book details then it's the immigration officers who are responsible, get rid of them first then go after the foreigners. turn off the supply first.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, BestB said:

So does that mean he will make it easier for genuine people ? Or make it even harder? I have been living and working for over 15 years and every year they making it harder and harder. You would think after 15 years process would be super simplified but no, it’s onky more complex with more papers 

Couldn't agree more.after 10 years producing my bank book was not enough, go make copy of three pages. came back and THEN scanned the book, DOH ! 13 copies AND draw a map to your house(,this is a retirement visa). A few weeks later a home visit by no less than 4 Im.Of. one stank of booze (11 am)demanding to see all docs again.made to sit on the bed with wife (put your arm around her) while they took photos wandering around MY house in shoes.Threatened with deportation when i became annoyed. this is the short version.

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Couldn't agree more.after 10 years producing my bank book was not enough, go make copy of three pages. came back and THEN scanned the book, DOH ! 13 copies AND draw a map to your house(,this is a retirement visa). A few weeks later a home visit by no less than 4 Im.Of. one stank of booze (11 am)demanding to see all docs again.made to sit on the bed with wife (put your arm around her) while they took photos wandering around MY house in shoes.Threatened with deportation when i became annoyed. this is the short version.

Only once happened to me. I got cross after being talked to very un politely. I got up and left, she followed me out screaming that I would be arrested! Crazy.

Archived