Big Joke: Watch out visa fraudsters and foreigners - I am after you!

webfact

As a side issue there the very big downside in that as BJ has now moved to Immigration, there appears to nobody now who will jump on the rapists like good old BJ did. Bet we also won't hear anymore about his selection of a female policewoman going to the UK to interview the girl either.

With him leaving there may well be a a major upward spiral in serious crime but the good news I guess is that the passport forgers in Khaosan road and other places are possibly shaking in their flip flops.  ????

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, scorecard said:

There are also scaly agents who are not Imm. Officers. 

The agents work closely with individual IOs who get paid for their services, (which is basically helping people cope with stupid laws) The money generated will go to a 'bagman' in the Dept who will ensure its distributed to everybody. Look at the London Met or police forces in the USA. Everybody gets an envelope from top to bottom.

2 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

As a side issue there the very big downside in that as BJ has now moved to Immigration, there appears to nobody now who will jump on the rapists like good old BJ did. Bet we also won't hear anymore about his selection of a female policewoman going to the UK to interview the girl either.

With him leaving there may well be a a major upward spiral in serious crime but the good news I guess is that the passport forgers in Khaosan road and other places are possibly shaking in their flip flops.  ????

There is no record of a KSR passport ever having been used except as a novelty souvenir. However, perhaps we can expect the headline: 'BIG JOKE TO LOOK INTO THAI VISA DATA BASES AND USER LISTS' 

Tough words! Big Fake won't be going after anyone that's for sure. That will be the responsibility of those at the coal face who do his dirty work for him which is fair enough. 

All that BF will be going after is the publicity for himself later in front of his signature heavy duty vinyl banner plus as many media people with cameras he can invite along. 

Most other Ministers seem to get on and do their jobs without all this self glorification and media hoopla nonsense. What makes him so special?

"Most other Ministers seem to get on and do their jobs "

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Not quite true, I'm well aware of my Thai staff and one farang staff (all from Bkk office) having to be very careful of visas., etc., when they were seconded to work on client projects in S/pore and KL. And If you extend that to Australia, the OZ imm. folks are even more serious.

Further, when my Thai son studied in Singapore, son and his student hostel manager then his host family watched his visa documents, renewals etc., very carefully and seriously.

But perhaps your suggesting that Thailand should just let anybody come and stay without much checking.

Would you be happy if the gov't / immigration dept., of your home country allowed people to walk in and stay with little checking?

Do you think the mainstream Thai population expect that their Imm. people to be serious about this subject?

At last a voice of reason and a statement based around fact.

Many countries have onerous policies that a far more complicated and financially straining than Thailand’s immigration policy. 

Just anlther case of ‘I Don’t like it so I’ll make up ‘facts’ and whinge’.

Visas, long or short term, are far from difficult to obtain and are very cheap IMO.

Sure the address reporting every time you travel or relocate can be a little tiresome but that is a requirement in my home country as well, albeit for other reasons, but it is most definitely not enforced in the way it is here. 

Face it, you’re an expat living abroad. You have rules and regulations to abide by.

You will never be treated like a citizen no matter how much money you think you pump into the Issan Social Security system. 

4 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I suspect sales of Imodium to the expat community have increased today.

Yes if you are dark skinned and from an African country like Nigeria, no if you are from a “white” country.

Big Joke only has it in for the Africans, he is not interested in Pattaya Pete who is being funded by his GF working in a bar.

7 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Face it, you’re an expat living abroad. You have rules and regulations to abide by.

You will never be treated like a citizen no matter how much money you think you pump into the Issan Social Security system. 

Come on , don't go telling them,  we are not really guests here.

your get them all up set. :giggle:

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

No other countries in the region make such a big deal about immigration.  They have clear laws and no celebrity policemen looking for the limelight.

That's media for you. Are you sure he 'ordered' the media to cover all his actions? I don't think he did, he didn't mind though.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement, yeh right good luck, money talks all languages, where does he think the bulk of that money goes, to immigration officers, der....

Those are prices from 15 years ago, I was quoted anywhere from 25,000-50,000 bhat these days from visa agents in Pattaya for under the table extensions as they all say its very hard these days not same as before lol..... Think IL stick with getting the Non O visas at neighboring countries.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Going after those "agents" that charge like 10,000 to 15,000 baht to do the illegal extensions, i.e. for all those farangs that don't have the required 400,000 or 800,000 baht requirement, yeh right good luck, money talks all languages, where does he think the bulk of that money goes, to immigration officers, der....

agree. if he pursues that he will make many enemies at immigration some likely at high levels

How about going after the corrupt border officials who let people in for a fee, or those corrupt officials in offices around the country who stamp for a fee !!

Or is that off the agenda as it's a bit too close to home ?

13 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Those are prices from 15 years ago, I was quoted anywhere from 25,000-50,000 bhat these days from visa agents in Pattaya for under the table extensions as they all say its very hard these days not same as before lol..... Think IL stick with getting the Non O visas at neighboring countries.

Personally I wouldn't know, just quoting what a couple of guys told me that get them done annually in Pattaya.

If he was smart he could tell a few Ting Tongs up top to do away with the 90 day reporting, and all renewables would have to be done in person at a branch, that might reduce the corruption, but if he really wanted to wipe it, he should lobby his deputy assistant PM, the dood with the watches and tell him to grant retirement and spouse visas for 5 year periods, renewable after that period for a fee of course.

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

Shame he didn't stay with the RTP another 5 years. Shining the light on them gets the public interested and can only lead to more transparency

"Shame he didn't stay with the RTP ...."

Fortunately, he hasn't left the Royal Thai Police, only made a sidseways and upwards career move, maybe to take the heat off some other areas of his investigations.

Archived