Hundreds Of Foreigners Arrested In Record Raids

webfact

Hundreds Of Foreigners Arrested In Record Raids

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__2228229-696x522.jpg

Maj. Gen. Surachet Hakpan, right, at a Friday press briefing with foreigners arrested from across country.

BANGKOK — Police on Friday said hundreds of foreigners were arrested in another round of national raids targeting schools, hotels and restaurants.

A record 369 foreign nationals were arrested Thursday night from 337 locations, including in the capital’s Huai Khwang district, in an operation the immigration chief said was a joint effort between various law enforcement sectors. Maj. Gen. Surachet Hakpan began leading the operation when he was deputy commander of the tourist police.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/10/05/hundreds-of-foreigners-arrested-in-record-raids/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-05

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I left the USA because I was paranoid about black helicopters:shock1: and look what is happening now.:cheesy:

funny for some, not so funny for other foreigners being guillotened by the racist middle-class, but heicopters, now you've just reminded me  of these dinosaur generals; ordering thousands of people to been thrown out of helicopters in burning oil drums,during the 1970's. dont know about black color but maybe a shade of green

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The big purge is upon us people and whoever is illegally staying in Thailand using all kind of shortcuts and dubious visas are on the radar now, for how long? no one knows, the people in the know are saying that not for long that's for sure, so hide if you can until the noise subsides and thing will go back to normal...

To whom are you referring to when you say "people in the know"

Are they actually "people in the know" , as in, do they know something ?

These visa clampdowns have been going of for a few years now , and they are getting more and more stringent with no signs of any let up

In the streets around where I live , there are about ten westerns working as chefs in their own restaurant , openly cooking .

If I were them , I would either employ a Thai chef or sell the business .

Could be one say happily making the food and the next minute you are in IDC awaiting deportation and blacklisting and losing everything .

Worrying times for them    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

"More than 70 Chinese, Indians and Ghanaian were rounded up from Ratchada and Sutthisan areas for selling goods, as foreigners are not allowed to work in retail."

Excellent work. 

Good!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I quite often see non Thais working in retail , restaurants , suit makers , and shops .

Many have a family and business here and have been here for years .

Quite a few are the business owners , restaurant and tailor shop owners , these guys must be quite concerned .

Im friends with the owner of Lords Tailor and they’re not concerned at all. All the “Indian” tailors in the lower suk are actually Thai Nationals. 3rd generation mostly. Passport/ID cards the works. Thus the reason they can openly hustle customers on Sukhumvit without fear. The only thing non-Thai about them is their appearance, education, work ethic, we’ll come to think of it...

im sure you are getting my point 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Only if 'us' is non-white.

They were grabbing African, Indian, Burmese, Cambodian, etc.

On the Green Bus up from Chiang Mai to Burma, there's always two police stop and searches each way.

They shout 'passports' as they enter then give all the non-Thais except me a hard time, search their bags, no interest in my passport or my bag, don't even make eye contact with me, but they often drag a Burmese or two off the bus. One of the few times a white face is handy in Thailand.

Been there, done that, if you're quick one can even get a quick grin!!

• Like 1