Thai government should act to stop Thais using images of "Mr Hitler"

webfact

23 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

My adopted Thai daughter was a Senior at Varee when that took place.  She was horrified and walked out, refusing to have anything to do with it.  When she came home, the first thing she did was to tell me: "Dad, I didn't have anything to do with what you'll see on the news about my school." 

I think that was at Sacred Heart not Varee.

24 minutes ago, sanemax said:

They may not be trying to minimise anything , what is the true figure ?

If some people feel that the figure is different than what is the popular belief , then let them provide their evidence .

Its just establishing the truth and facts .

When Italy capitulated the Germans shot Italian civilians during their retreat...

I have seen the plaques and been told by Italians what they were..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

They did try to minimise the true extent of the Holocaust. 

I challenged them in that. 

What is your problem with that? You seem to believe I should not do so. 

I’m wondering why. 

How do you know what the true extent is ?

Yes, there is an historical figure that has common belief , but if some people feel that figure is incorrect , they should be able to state that without fear of getting labelled as a nazi , which you are wondering about myself .

• Like 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Have I labelled anyone a Nazi? Where?

As to the true extent of the Holocaust, the historical record is very detailed through film, photography, nazi records, survivors records and eye witness statements. The figure of 6 million is based on a lot of research. Something deniers and those who would minimise the truth, refuse to accept. 

I will challenge those who try to undermine what happened. 

Now again, why do you support their right to spread their views, yet do not like me challenging them?

You did wonder why I posted something , which was a thinly disguised nazi allegation , was it not ?

Other people who disagree with the 6 million figure should be able to state why they feel that way .

18 hours ago, phkauf said:

At a minimum it makes Thailand look foolish! 

Why ? only to those Westerners who wish to perpetuate what when on ?   We don't say anything about the Spanish and how they decimated South America a few hundred years ago and many many more atrocities by other nations since. 

5 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Why ? only to those Westerners who wish to perpetuate what when on ?   We don't say anything about the Spanish and how they decimated South America a few hundred years ago and many many more atrocities by other nations since. 

Are you German...?

Just now, Bluespunk said:

No, I do not consider your posts to be pro nazi. 

However, I do wonder why you only seem to have a problem with me challenging those who would minimise the Holocaust, but not them. 

Explain yourself. 

You misunderstood , I do agree that you should challenge anyone who disagrees with the figure , as they should also be able to question that figure .

You seemed to be trying to silence people who questioned the figure .

Some people have claimed that many perished due to disease and malnutrition , rather than genocide .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You misunderstood , I do agree that you should challenge anyone who disagrees with the figure , as they should also be able to question that figure .

You seemed to be trying to silence people who questioned the figure .

Some people have claimed that many perished due to disease and malnutrition , rather than genocide .

I will challenge anyone who tries to undermine the truth of what happened during the Holocaust. 

The Holocaust happened because of hate, intolerance and bigotry. 6 million Jews and millions of others died because of that hate. 

Those who seek to minimise what happened cannot go unchallenged. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Just now, transam said:

So starving folk is OK regarding their death....? Have you seen the pictures of the inmates of Nazi prisons taken bye the allies on capture..?

Where did I suggest that its "OK" ?

I didnt .

I just made the point that there would be a big difference between being gassed and dying of a disease

18 hours ago, Chopperboy said:

Jews were not 6 million in the concentration camps the official figure has been lowered to 4 million (and you'd have to question any statistics that were out by 2 million on such an important issue) and the Official 2007_red_cross_doc.jpg.f75276a4f9d60302cf4caf5d7f95fae1.jpgRed Cross figures were only 271,504 which is possibly closer to the truth than anything. 

Why do those figures have dates of 1973, 1977, and 1978?

Just now, sanemax said:

Where did I suggest that its "OK" ?

I didnt .

I just made the point that there would be a big difference between being gassed and dying of a disease

I have watched videos of allied soldiers using bulldozers to put STARVED dead folk in big holes...Not gassed or shot, STARVED to death....

All at the hands of the German government of the time....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Which is why I said "how  long" before we can mention this? 1  generation -2-3-4-5-6-7?

How about Rwanda as the world stood by and did bugger  all

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have watched videos of allied soldiers using bulldozers to put STARVED dead folk in big holes...Not gassed or shot, STARVED to death....

All at the hands of the German government of the time....

Just like the death railway then and having worked in the heat here daily i can imagine how horrendous that railway must have been.

And Chairman Mao and Stalin and Che Guevara. And what is with the hammer and sickle in the Hitler room?  Oh yeah. Germany  and Russia had some sort of non aggression pact and arms manufacturing deal 'til Hitler decided to annex Russia's cereal growing plains for his "breathing space plans."   That never worked out though.

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

Just like the death railway then and having worked in the heat here daily i can imagine how horrendous that railway must have been.

And a visit to the war graves in Kanchanaburi is a very moving experience but that has nothing to do with a picture of Hitler in a Thailand Love Hotel being  pilloried by Westerners who can not grasp it matters not 0.1 % to a Thai.

27 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

And Chairman Mao and Stalin and Che Guevara. And what is with the hammer and sickle in the Hitler room?  Oh yeah. Germany  and Russia had some sort of non aggression pact and arms manufacturing deal 'til Hitler decided to annex Russia's cereal growing plains for his "breathing space plans."   That never worked out though.

Almost did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

So starving folk is OK regarding their death....? Have you seen the pictures of the inmates of Nazi prisons taken bye the allies on capture..?

The allies deliberately bombed the supply railway lines thus creating situation where they had no food supplies and were starving.

My father was at the liberation of Bruckenwold and the scenes of starvation were so horrific he could hardly speak about it till he died in his 90's. They were so weakened that one decent meal could kill them.

• Like 1

The Official Red Cross figures of 271k were correlated with the death certificates meticulously issued by the Germans for each death and subsequently seized by the Russians.

Incidentally the figure also closely matches the energy budget (coke deliveries) required to cremate that number of bodies at 30-40Kg per body + coke for heating and cooking. 

Edited by Chopperboy