Applying for schengen visa for thai wife

The wife will apply for a business schengen visa and has an invitation letter from the university. 

How much funds should she have in her account. they want to see 3 months statements. 

Also, it says show incorporated company evidence if self employed. We didnt form such a company structure for our business and will instead give a copy of registered 10 yr lease. Will this be suffice?

thanks

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Charming.

Please give more details or we can't help you.

Why do you have to apply for your wife?

Does she own a company, is she at university?

The answers to your questions are irrelevant and trivial. 

We just need to know how much money should be in her thai bank account as we have to give 3 months evidence. 

Which member state will she travel to?

What is the purpose of the visit? Is it actually business-travel and what is the relationship between your wife and this "university"?

No personal bank statement is required if all expenses (travelling + living) are covered during the stay by the host / inviting company and/or her employer. 

This should be specified in sections 31, 32 and 33 of the application form.

When arriving at a Shengen border you might be asked to show  that you have enough money for stay  

dependin if the accomedation is paid then  a guide would be 40 euro a day 1 person  \

like everywhere these days you can make it as expensive as you want 

so realy the people saying uneed proof of that have money is some what useless information 

becayuse today can have 5000 euro on bank and an hour later nothing

be sensable and keep to the guide 

3 hours ago, Pinot said:

I just say I'm going to be responsible for my Thai wife with a copy of my bank statement/credit cards etc. Don't know if this is applicable to your situation. 

I thought about this and will take some bank statements with me. I will transfer 500k thb to her account and see what they say. we decided to apply for a 1 yr multi entry. see what happens

3 hours ago, bbabythai said:

I thought about this and will take some bank statements with me. I will transfer 500k thb to her account and see what they say. we decided to apply for a 1 yr multi entry. see what happens

It seems you are extremely mis-informed about Schengen visas and how they work.

1)

You can't just choose the visa validity period when applying for a Type C visa - this is entirely up to the consulate, based on an assessment of the applicant. 

A first-time applicant may only get a visa valid for the duration of the trip. E.g. 2 weeks or even 1 week.

Maximum duration that you can apply for under a Type C is 90 days.

The dates of travel mentioned on the application should match those on the invitation letter.

As for the validity of the issued visa, the max offered is 5-years. 

Schengen visas valid for > 6 months are not easy to come by and yearly/multi-year visas are generally issued to people who regularly travel in and out of the Schengen area and have a good travel record i.e. no overstays.

If it was as easy as "apply for 1-year multi-entry visa", every baan nok Isaan bumpkin, Thaifriendly gold digger and their dog would be hip to this - not so simple.

2)

Just "parking" 500k baht in your wife's account for the sake of the application may do more harm than good.

As you've failed to provide further details of the trip and the true purpose of the visit, it is impossible to help you further - is it a study visit / attending business meetings? Which member state?

For business visits under type C, the onus falls on the inviting organization to provide most of the documentation, but is this truly a business visit? 

Edited by varun

3 hours ago, bbabythai said:

My mrs had 70k in her book, they are not daft and know it's a 'loan' if it suddenly appears. Apply direct to the embassy EU law states they MUST allow direct applications, we printed it out and took it with us in the end. If you are an EU national she does not pay anything.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, bbabythai said:

why do you want to know trol?

Your op is fundamentally flawed. The Schengen visa as such is a 90 day tourist visa. It would appear that what you need is a business visa within the Schengen zone, details regarding available long term visas would be on the visa section of the country concerned.

As posted, funds required would depend on the country and circumstances involved, it should be fairly obvious that Eastern Europe would be a lot less than say Scandinavia.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, sandyf said:

Your op is fundamentally flawed. The Schengen visa as such is a 90 day tourist visa. It would appear that what you need is a business visa within the Schengen zone, details regarding available long term visas would be on the visa section of the country concerned.

As posted, funds required would depend on the country and circumstances involved, it should be fairly obvious that Eastern Europe would be a lot less than say Scandinavia.

Actually, this is not completely correct either.

The "Schengen Visa" i.e. Type C Short Stay for a 90-days stay does not have a default status, and applies for both Tourism and Business.

The status of the issued visa will depend on the purpose of visit stated in the application i.e. Tourism or Business.

So, physically, a tourist or business visa look identical i.e. both Type C.

It's the visa's underlying data that's different in the Schengen Visa Information System (VIS),

depending on the purpose of visit.

E.g. If you've travelling for the business,

then airport immigration will be able to pull up details of the inviting company etc., based on the visa number.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, varun said:

Actually, this is not completely correct either.

The "Schengen Visa" i.e. Type C Short Stay for a 90-days stay does not have a default status, and applies for both Tourism and Business.

The status of the issued visa will depend on the purpose of visit stated in the application i.e. Tourism or Business.

So, physically, a tourist or business visa look identical i.e. both Type C.

It's the visa's underlying data that's different in the Schengen Visa Information System (VIS),

depending on the purpose of visit.

E.g. If you've travelling for the business,

then airport immigration will be able to pull up details of the inviting company etc., based on the visa number.

Quite right, should have just said 90 day visa. Several business related examples in the Schengen handbook.