British Embassy Bangkok to Stop Certification of Income Letters

12 minutes ago, David Walden said:

When I ask for a statement from my bank managed pension fund it shows clearly how much I receive each month, how I have been paid during the last 12 months and how much the surrender value of the fund is at present.  I assume just about any legit pension fund all over the world provides this information when requested by the client.  When applying for my retirement Visa in Australia this statement forms part of my application.  If you can't provide simple accurate information to Thai Immigration when applying for a retirement visa about income well perhaps that is where you are "up the creek without a paddle"  elementary I think.

You miss the whole point in question.

Immigration will not accept your foreign statement from your bank managed fund, which is why Australians have to visit their Embassy and make a sworn oath as to their income.

The British have to send their bank statement or letters from their pensions providers to the British Embassy in order to get the Income letter, because Thai Immigration will not accept them directly.

Thai Immigration now want these bank statements, pension statements 'verifying' by the British Embassy.

The BE can 'verify' your Government pension, but not private or company pension incomes because that information is protected under the Data Protection Act.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Thai Immigration won't accept such information. they want an embassy letter, so Brits are still "up the creek without a paddle".

In the interview it was made clear a statement is acceptable.

Just now, Spidey said:

She was either mistaken or blatantly lied, which the British embassy have done on a number of occasions during this issue.

I will give her the benefit of the doubt and would say that she is completely clueless on Thai Immigration procedures and was talking out of her rectal passage.

I can assure you that Thai Immigration will only accept an embassy letter as proof of income.

Believe otherwise at your peril.

Ok, who do you believe?

1.       A professional

2.        image.png.263f4a48613721597db114da6818aa86.png

• Haha 1

The current directive regarding monthly payments does not require that they be deposited in a Thai Bak account, only that you are receiving this amount.    Unless the regulation is changed they cannot require that the payments be deposited in a Thai Bank account.

Since it doesn’t specify either way there is no need for any change. The important thing is what verification Thai Immigration require which also is not specified so if they did, hypothetically, make it Embassy letter for overseas income and Thai bank letter (would need letter almost certainly as they do for 400/800k) then, if Embassy letter not possible the bank letter is the only option using income.

As a further potential issue if, and it is a huge IF, they do accept income letters from Thai banks, the wording and requirements could also cause further headaches ie. declaring 65k transfer every month for x previous months.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Thai Immigration now want these bank statements, pension statements 'verifying' by the British Embassy.

The BE can 'verify' your Government pension, but not private or company pension incomes because that information is protected under the Data Protection Act.

You believe this because the British Embassy have said so? Gullible fool.

Why has no other embassy followed suit. Wait until Thai Immigration have announced it (which they haven't), before you believe it.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I have an OA visa issued by the Thai consulate in Sydney, It even says "issued at Sydney" printed on the visa, Maybe the internal processing goes to Canberra but I can walk into a Thai consulate and walk out with an OA visa. (I even met the guy at who did my OA at sydney consulate as he had a question about how much the notary public cost). Not sure what the relevance of "only from an embassy" and why you repeat that statement.

Here is the application forms from Sydney consulate and it doesnt mention anything about only at embassy.

https://thaiconsulatesydney.org/docs/forms/visitor-visa/visa-application-form.pdf

https://thaiconsulatesydney.org/docs/forms/retirement-visa/retirement-visa-application-o-a.pdf

You are probably right this suggests that the Sydney Consulate is actually part the the Canberra Thai Embassy staff.  It clearly states on form "A" application form "Only The the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra has the authority to Issue a Retirement Visa". and the address to be sent to.  You must have been nice to the Sydney Consul I know he is always very happy to help.  He even rang me a home in WA to correct a mistake on a tourist visa application I made some years ago with a nice chat.  He commented that some of the other Consuls are so pedantic that people from other states were sending application to him in Sydney, he said "I don't mind that's good" Completely different approach to some of the Consuls in other states.  Your Visa would have been issued from Canberra but yes had Sydney on it.  The lady at the Thai Embassy in Canberra told me all the paperwork for retirement visa goes to Immigration in Thailand so it has to be simple and clear or it will just come back.  That's why it has to go to canberra first.  Most other visas you can get from any Consul.    

Edited by David Walden

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

A professional what ? government bullshitter

Unfortunately, as a signatory to the Official Secrets Act, which I am still bound by, I am unable to reveal details of my occupation.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I believe in facts and the fact is that Thai Immigration will not accept any other proof of income other than an embassy letter.

BTW. I was a "professional" before I retired.

What category was your professionalism, was it the same category professional as the girls on beach road?

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately, as a signatory to the Official Secrets Act, which I am still bound by, I am unable to reveal details of my occupation.

I was referring to the BE lady not you, if you look like your avatar you have to be a profi at something but I don't want to know what. ???? 

13 minutes ago, David Walden said:

You are probably right this suggests that the Sydney Consulate is actually part the the Canberra Thai Embassy staff.

As I wrote before the Sydney consulate is a official Thai consulate which means the can issue the OA visa. The other consulates are honorary consulates.

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

do tell

Look it up Data Protection Act UK.

It doesn't stop your information being stored by an organisation, but it does stop it being shared between other organisation without your prior written permission.

For example my UK bank informs Inland Revenue of interest earned on my account, in order to justify any tax amount on the interest. Other than that they can't tell them diddle squat, without my written permission, or they get a Court Order.

If you have private Pension provider, you should have an 'authorisation' form which you can complete, giving authority of another named person to act on your behalf about your information. Without that authorisation they will only deal directly with you after you have verified your ID.

Just now, soalbundy said:

I was referring to the BE lady not you, if you look like your avatar you have to be a profi at something but I don't want to know what. ???? 

Never judge a book by it's cover. Do you really think that my profile photo is a photo of me? Muppet!

I'll have you know that everybody says that I'm a handsome man. ????

Just now, Spidey said:

Never judge a book by it's cover. Do you really think that my profile photo is a photo of me? Muppet!

Knock it off, i'm wetting myself.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Look it up Data Protection Act UK.

It doesn't stop your information being stored by an organisation, but it does stop it being shared between other organisation without your prior written permission.

For example my UK bank informs Inland Revenue of interest earned on my account, in order to justify any tax amount on the interest. Other than that they can't tell them diddle squat, without my written permission, or they get a Court Order.

If you have private Pension provider, you should have an 'authorisation' form which you can complete, giving authority of another named person to act on your behalf about your information. Without that authorisation they will only deal directly with you after you have verified your ID.

what about the embassy letter?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

yeah, yeah, I believe you, put that knife away

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I don't have to believe the BE, I know it for fact.

A statement from a Thai bank to prove that you have had 800k in a Thai bank for 3 months. Not that you have an income of 65k/month.

If you know otherwise please show your source as it would be very interesting to many people reading this thread.

• Like 2