Russian tourist's toothache led to suicide, say Jomtien police

webfact

Russian tourist's toothache led to suicide, say Jomtien police

1PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media reported that a Russian man found hanging in his apartment in Jomtien had killed himself because of toothache. 

Na Jomtien police were called to a three story apartment building on Monday afternoon where in a second floor room they found 46 year old Ctenahob Stepanov hanging by an electrical cord from the door frame of the bathroom. 

He had been dead about 12 hours and there was no sign of a struggle. 

The body was discovered by the daughter and friends of the dead man who broke the door down after not hearing from him since Sunday. 

Police learned that he had come to Thailand with his daughter and friends for a holiday five months ago. He stayed alone in the apartment.

He had given no indication that he was going to take his own life but he had been suffering from terrible toothache recently. 

He had taken medication and reportedly tried everything to ease the pain.

Daily News said that Na Jomtien police believe that he took his own life to get away from the pain of the toothache. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-09

Thailand has the best value for money dental care in Asia maybe the world.

You can get root canal work done here for 5000 baht if you look hard enough.

All modern facilities.

More to this story than just a tooth ache but thats usually the case in LOS.

As a migraine sufferer,i can say they don't call them ''suicide headaches'' in jest..also finding any ''opiate pain med'' in this country is almost impossible...but I see now Tylenol 30mg codine if you dig around,worst case scenario, the hospital for an injection,even that is hard to find....anything is better than ''the belt around the bathroom door''..RIP commarad

12 minutes ago, mok199 said:

As a migraine sufferer,i can say they don't call them ''suicide headaches'' in jest..also finding any ''opiate pain med'' in this country is almost impossible...but I see now Tylenol 30mg codine if you dig around,worst case scenario, the hospital for an injection,even that is hard to find....anything is better than ''the belt around the bathroom door''..RIP commarad

I wish relpax was available in Thailand. How do you deal with it without proper medicines here in Thailand?

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Everything except seeing a dentist, presumably?

And if he has little money than an extraction is due.

Does not cost a fortune. 31 (?) left.

Strange story.

Terminally ill might be a reason but toothache???

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

Try this. I recommended to an ex in BKK and she now reports no more migraines. Amlodpine 5mg every evening before bed. Hope it works for you.

https://www.drugs.com/comments/amlodipine/for-migraine-prophylaxis.html

Never heard of suicide brought on by toothache before, R.I.P. mate.

In the U.K. i would always buy Ibuprofen for pain but it's not available here. While suffering with sciatica here in Thailand recently, i discovered that GOFEN 400, which is available over the counter at virtually all pharmacies is actually ibuprofen 400mg. 

Just a tip for any of our expat friends who may require pain relief.

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Everything except seeing a dentist, presumably?

I have a brilliant dentist - far far better than anything I experienced back home - had to lose a tooth - hardly felt a thing 600 baht .

I hate the dentist- but this guy is brilliant 

As usual this story does not quite add up . 

5 hours ago, muratremix said:

I wish relpax was available in Thailand. How do you deal with it without proper medicines here in Thailand?

I have learned my ''triggers'' beer and wine sadly are off my menu now. MSG is huge so we cook all meals at home...Boots sells a 2 tablet migraine set, take one ,then if in 2 hours if its not gone,take the other (300BT)..works well ,also have a clinic that sells t3 but theyare so hard on my stomach..300BT a strip of 10...massage ,accupuncure and meditation ....and if all else fails prayer.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News said that Na Jomtien police believe that he took his own life to get away from the pain of the toothache

For less than what you'd spend on a night on the town, any Thai oral surgeon could have easily removed it. 

Does the Thai media have any idea how skeptical farangs are when we hear clap-trap like this?

2 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

In the U.K. i would always buy Ibuprofen for pain but it's not available here. While suffering with sciatica here in Thailand recently, i discovered that GOFEN 400, which is available over the counter at virtually all pharmacies is actually ibuprofen 400mg. 

You can get Nurofen, which is has the same levels of Ibuprofen.

3 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Ibuprofen is very available in Thailand and over the counter.

400, 600 and 800 mg.

Thailand has the best value for money dental care in Asia maybe the world.
You can get root canal work done here for 5000 baht if you look hard enough.
All modern facilities.
More to this story than just a tooth ache but thats usually the case in LOS.
He was probably broke , no money no honey , no dentist.

RIP.

4 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

600 is also available

That's nearly as strange as the cause of death the Police

up in Chiang Mai,gave for two Scandinavian gentlemen 

that were found lying dead on the floor of their kitchen,

Hypothermia

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

You can also get it as Nurofen (Ibuprofen 400mg) over the counter.  I simply asked for Ibuprofen at Pharmacy years ago and she showed me pkg of Nurofen . Can get Naproxen aka Aleve in the US as NaproFazt (soft gels ) here. I had a wisdom tooth causing a lot of pain could not sleep and ibuprofen not working so had it pulled. seems to me he or his daughter could have afforded at least that. My brother-in-law had an infected molar pulled last week. Antibiotics plus removal was 2,200 baht.

7 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Ibuprofen not available here? Where did you get that idea? It's everywhere - you just have to ask for it.

Archived