"Easy Ride" for pensioners in Thailand now over, says Pattaya Radio

webfact

For the past 8 years my pension provider has emailed my pension statement

on my request.......this year they said that they could not do it anymore

due to the DATA PROTECTION ACT.

I'm just wondering if this is why the BE says that it is unable to

full fill the requirement any longer for income letters....Just a thought.

Have a Nice Day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

I've posted the answer to this several times in this thread. Mostly to "notamember" who doesn't seem able to grasp anything anyone says.

I agree it has nothing to do with 90 day reporting, who said it did?

Er...you responded to someone talking about agents for 90 day reporting. I agreed with you.  Regarding a link to Agents and seeding...i can find no such link. It is therefore speculation, albeit well informed and logical speculation on your part.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motaz said:

What exactly happened?.I am going through the same thing now dealing with an officer who didn't like me.Now that you have experience with this situation, what would be your advice? Should I withdraw the application and try a different immigration office? .I have all my papers in order including 1.5 million in the bank for 1 year and I own a condo and I an 56 years old.

she asked for another stamp from bkk, i went and got another stamp  from bkk, she asked for proof i had brought money from abroad, surprise to her but i had kept all ATM slips for some reason, but then the slips wasnt good enough either,

and my time was up, i gave up on marry visa.

my advice if they dont feel like give you extension:

hire an agent right away, or leave the country if you can

1 hour ago, notamember said:

Yet an agent in CM was assisting at 25k last week

most agents, even lawyers do the same thing

20k to process your renewal legal

25k to process your renewal including a one day 800 k deposit. not legal.

The agents in both cases work closely with IO officers.

40 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Several of your posts have vanished already. Not my decision.

They were probably right to do so, sometimes the inner mechanics of things are best left alone

interesting that you are following (stalking ) me though

need a new boyfriend?

9 minutes ago, The manic said:

20k to process your renewal legal

25k to process your renewal including a one day 800 k deposit. not legal.

The agents in both cases work closely with IO officers.

The 800k assisted one was not done in CM but sent to another office to assist the applicant

18 minutes ago, The manic said:

Stop flirting!

man he is too ugly

he went to  freak show, they let him in for free

This Halloween, he will open the door and the kids will give him candy

he is so ugly, when he was born the doctor slapped his mother

He then cut the cord and hung himself with it

Edited by notamember

2 hours ago, motaz said:

What exactly happened?.I am going through the same thing now dealing with an officer who didn't like me.Now that you have experience with this situation, what would be your advice? Should I withdraw the application and try a different immigration office? .I have all my papers in order including 1.5 million in the bank for 1 year and I own a condo and I an 56 years old.

The first thing would be to post in a thread that the topic matches your question. 

33 minutes ago, sambum said:

Ah, so you move with the "Hi-so's"! Good for you!

I am talking about your average working class Thais - much like your average working class farang pensioners living here.

The last time I heard, the minimum wage here was less than 10,000 baht a month.

Spent a good few years working here, working in many different areas of Thailand and really only settled here when I was in the position to do so.

The social company you end up in is not your choice, it's their choice. Take from that as you will.

Spend your days visiting the bar scene and with the section of those who do the same and very quickly you will be classed as the same. Right or wrong it's the way it is.

43 minutes ago, mark131v said:

For all the 'don't affect me' chaps out there having a good gloat all I would say is to be prepared for the next excellent plan as there is sure to be one along soon as it is clearer day by day that they just don't want you there....

I won't gloat as well. If this does not blow over and it spreads to other Embassies, that 400K in my bank will most likely not be the end to it either. What would happen if they told you that they expected you to live off that 400K for a year and then bring in more money? My wife works, we live off her wages, as well as most normal married couples, do, so I don't have to bring in a swag of money all the time during times of a horrible FX rate. I bring in a certain amount of money every month, keep 400K in the bank and so far, it has been sweet but if that changes, that sweetness suddenly sours because they are making it hard on Thai people as well that are in marriages to Westerners. A lot of people here may not be as lucky as I am having a wife that earns a basic wage and contributes. Many of my friends support whole families as the wife/extended family relies on the Westerner to survive. As we all know here, not everyone is wealthy. Many of my friends have that 400K in the bank and live as I do and others don't.

I doubt for any of us over time, that this will be the end of it IF the British Embassy does not do a backflip over this using another system.

This is Thailand (TIT) - there will always be another ''excellent'' plan in the wind and to me, this is one of the biggest changes to come through the system ***IF IMPLEMENTED*** to date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

There is no written Thai law that says the money has to be seasoned for 3 months, we had a discussion about that before , show me a link in Thai , you will not find it. 

Only recommended by lawyers, embassies . 

Its still up to the immigration officer to approve your visa based on the provided documents. 800k in you account for a shorter period than 3 months, it happens all the time and I do not believe that practice will just dissappear . 

Exactly.  The rules are interpreted differently (....) in different areas - and even within the same area, the 'rules' change according to the current 'initiative'....

Edit - In 2017 it was all about the address, and this year it was all about the money (IIRC) where I live.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2

Someone must direct me to this "free ride". I have never seen anything remotely similar. Thais have always been devoted to "bait and switch", various "shell games", incredible distortion of facts and wild claims related to national security being "threatened. They face no hostile neighbors, get incredible amounts of help from abroad and STILL maintain a siege mentality. The paranoia beggars belief.

• Like 1

So the British embassy is going to stop rubber stamping expats self or with no proof income statements?  When looking and trying to  learn retirement visa this always did seem stupid.  I'm American but I think it's the same.  

It seems if you meet the rules as they have been for years you will be in. Good riddance to paying visa companies to get non qualifiers a visa. Many if you praised big joke when he kicked out colored Africans but now he will be after you.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Get over yourself ????!

Some of us came here with a large amount of money and a pension on top.  One way or another, things went sideways - and so we were left with pension income that fortunately, exceeded the 65,000 bht p.m. requirement. 

I am really handsome so it might be difficult. :clap2:

I am truly sorry for everyone's grief. I understand sh*t happens. 

I guess what I am saying is, a good plan for people considering retiring in Thailand is to have 800,000 baht in a Thai bank that you never touch until you die.

That way you are bullet proof and don't have too many hoops to jump through.  

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I am really handsome so it might be difficult. :clap2:

I am truly sorry for everyone's grief. I understand sh*t happens. 

I guess what I am saying is, a good plan for people considering retiring in Thailand is to have 800,000 baht in a Thai bank that you never touch until you die.

That way you are bullet proof and don't have too many hoops to jump through.  

Some would argue that can make you bullet friendly !!!!!  :shock1::cheesy:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Americans have been told for decades that you need two million dollars to retire at 65. 

When I first came to this forum six years ago I said to someone "if you don't have 800,000 baht you are not ready to retire." Which is true.

I was shocked how many people came back at me and said they don't have it. I am not talking about the "I don't trust Thai banks" crowd.

after all, 800,000 baht is 66,666 baht a month for one year. It was just shown that a large group of expats get by on 45,000 baht a month. so people retired and came to Thailand without being able to put one or two years living expenses in the bank? It's not like you can't take it out anytime you want. It is your money. The little income you lose with a poor interest rate is not that much.    

and all you are going to do is use the money to live on for one year and then fill the account back up two months before your retirement extension of stay.

at a bare minimum you should have 16 million baht ($500,000 USD) in a bank somewhere in your home country and a pension or social security to scrape by over 30 years.

man that is really going to be tough moving forward for a few more decades without money.   

3 months for extension as well these days.

• Thanks 1