Trump - missing journalist no reason to stop Saudi investments

webfact

1 minute ago, Morch said:

There was no argument about you not being able or allowed to repeat your views, even if these contradict factual details. It was simply pointed out that what you believe in relies on faulty premise and inaccurate facts.

The suggested judgement regarding relevancy seems contrived. If extending the argument to reference supposedly similar instances is alright, then commenting on other, similar instances of related hypocrisy by other/past leaders and governments applies as well. 

Your last line, other than being a lame, petulant retort, doesn't even make sense. Not that the rest of your posts do either.

My facts are accurate and reflect events.

What I believe is based on accurate premises and, as I say above, accurate facts. 

I will comment on the threads topic, in this case, trump's statements.

Ah, the irony of you accusing others of being petulant and lame...:coffee1:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Srinivas said:

Calling Kashhogi a "journalist" when he really was a  deeply connected political  player within media and arms industry family iin SA for 30 years is ridiculous. 

Maybe he was taken out, maybe kidnapped, probably pissed of one of his gazillionare cousins. Im willing to bet this guy is no angel with clean hands either.

This whole poolitical media driven righteous moral indignation is just theater especially coming from us congress embroiled in endless wars of choice.

as a notoriously crooked sec of state once gleefuly said "we came we saw , he died ahahahahauauhahaa hua hua" 

oh the outrage! /sarc 

Yes, way you go, blame the victim. And if that is not enough try to deflect.

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

My facts are accurate and reflect events.

What I believe is based on accurate premises and, as I say above, accurate facts. 

I will comment on the threads topic, in this case, trump's statements.

Ah, the irony of you accusing others of being petulant and lame...:coffee1:

Your facts are alternative facts. Skripal wasn't a Russian citizen as suggested, but a UK citizen attacked on UK soil. If you think that it is "the same" as the current case, then no - it isn't. Similarly, relations between countries involved aren't "the same". So yeah, you can keep claiming so, but it doesn't make it true.

You comment on Trump's comments and reject referencing other/past leaders/governments policies as irrelevant. At the same time you have no issues referencing other instances (such as the Skripal case) when it suits.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Your facts are alternative facts. Skripal wasn't a Russian citizen as suggested, but a UK citizen attacked on UK soil. If you think that it is "the same" as the current case, then no - it isn't. Similarly, relations between countries involved aren't "the same". So yeah, you can keep claiming so, but it doesn't make it true.

You comment on Trump's comments and reject referencing other/past leaders/governments policies as irrelevant. At the same time you have no issues referencing other instances (such as the Skripal case) when it suits.

My facts are as I presented them to you in an earlier post.

They are clear and show why the two cases are the same.

My case has never been about anyone but trump and his hypocrisy.

I don't need to refer to any other politician or country.

They are irrelevant to my point.

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My facts are as I presented them to you in an earlier post.

They are clear and show why the two cases are the same.

My case has never been about anyone but trump and his hypocrisy.

I don't need to refer to any other politician or country.

They are irrelevant to my point.

I've already referenced and replied to your "facts", along with clear indication that some are plain incorrect, and others are not actually "the same". You simply deny, deflect and ignore this without any actual support - doesn't change reality.

Your "case" is pretty pointless. Trump is a hypocrite, hold the presses. It is only of note if taken out of context, which is why you insist on rejecting references to other governments and countries.

On the other hand, no issues referencing other governments and countries with regard to the first "point". More persistent than consistent.

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

I've already referenced and replied to your "facts", along with clear indication that some are plain incorrect, and others are not actually "the same". You simply deny, deflect and ignore this without any actual support - doesn't change reality.

Your "case" is pretty pointless. Trump is a hypocrite, hold the presses. It is only of note if taken out of context, which is why you insist on rejecting references to other governments and countries.

On the other hand, no issues referencing other governments and countries with regard to the first "point". More persistent than consistent.

And I disagree with your view of them.

I stand by the facts I gave you.

My case isn't pointless, despite you wanting it to be so.

I commented on trump's hypocrisy based on his words in the story.

I am not commenting on those I did not quote.

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And I disagree with your view of them.

I stand by the facts I gave you.

My case isn't pointless, despite you wanting it to be so.

I commented on trump's hypocrisy based on his words in the story.

I am not commenting on those I did not quote.

"Stand by" and "disagree" with what? That Skripal was a UK citizen rather than a Russian one? That he was attacked on UK soil? How is that "the same" as khashoggi being a SA citizen, attacked in Turkey? Or, perhaps, you "disagree" with the fact regarding relations between the US and other involved parties being different on both occasions?

As pointed out, you're quite willing to narrow the scope of the discussion on one front, while expanding it on another. Not particularly consistent, and not particularly surprising either.

44 minutes ago, Morch said:

"Stand by" and "disagree" with what? That Skripal was a UK citizen rather than a Russian one? That he was attacked on UK soil? How is that "the same" as khashoggi being a SA citizen, attacked in Turkey? Or, perhaps, you "disagree" with the fact regarding relations between the US and other involved parties being different on both occasions?

As pointed out, you're quite willing to narrow the scope of the discussion on one front, while expanding it on another. Not particularly consistent, and not particularly surprising either.

Reread my original post to you on this.

It was quite clear.

My responses have been very clear and focused on trump and his hypocrisy in acting very different ways when it comes to the amount of money/jobs one side brings to the usa... 

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Reread my original post to you on this.

It was quite clear.

My responses have been very clear and focused on trump and his hypocrisy in acting very different ways when it comes to the amount of money/jobs one side brings to the usa... 

Your actual original response to me appears here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1061962-trump-missing-journalist-no-reason-to-stop-saudi-investments/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-13458033

And it relates to the issues I commented on.  

Some off-topic posts and replies removed.   You might want to re-read the OP.   Making an arbitrary decision that he isn't a journalist isn't going to cut it.   Neither is deciding that he deserves to die.  

Stay on topic.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Your actual original response to me appears here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1061962-trump-missing-journalist-no-reason-to-stop-saudi-investments/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-13458033

And it relates to the issues I commented on.  

And as I’ve said they are factual and relevant to my point. 

Which has all along been trump’s hypocrisy. 

Russia doesn’t spend billions on arms in the USA, so action taken. 

Saudi spends billions on arms in USA so not acting. 

Hypocrisy. 

Bl$$dy hell, his watch or whatever was recording all the time. This is going to be interesting. What's encouraging about recent events is the stupidity of the spooks, both in Turkey and the UK. I'd change my recruiting profile if I was them. Maybe they should put a big X on the this guy is "stupid" profile rather than a big tick. Still, that's gonna cut down their potential recruits a bit.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Jamal Khashoggi: Trump suggests 'rogue killers' to blame http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45863334

There is no level of BS this man will not stoop to. 

I wonder if they have a lot of 'rogue killers' running around in the embassy compound.   

I've been to quite a few embassies, and any of them that are geopolitically important are guarded like Fort Knox.   I doubt they have trouble with rats -- I mean the animal kind, not the people kind.

But, but, but, but, but, but ....... Trump spoke to King Salman and the King denied any involvement.

And that seems to be good enough for Trump.

Same as Roy Moore, Vlad, Kim, Kavanaugh and many others who said that they "didn't do it".

When his cronies deny responsibility, refuse to be accountable, he comes across like judge and jury and attempts to white-wash each serious situation by repeating their lies. Same old same old.

Innocent my butt !

On 10/14/2018 at 11:51 PM, Bluespunk said:

And as I’ve said they are factual and relevant to my point. 

Which has all along been trump’s hypocrisy. 

Russia doesn’t spend billions on arms in the USA, so action taken. 

Saudi spends billions on arms in USA so not acting. 

Hypocrisy. 

No, not "as you've said", actually. Your original post wasn't the same as claimed. And you seem to insist on the comparison between US reaction to the current case, and Skripal's case is relevant by making use of false facts (repeatedly pointed out, yet deflected or ignored). The above, simplistic and misleading presentation is a fine example of such.

And as said earlier, hypocrisy is practically a tenet of international relations and diplomacy, yet this seems like new to you.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

No, not "as you've said", actually. Your original post wasn't the same as claimed. And you seem to insist on the comparison between US reaction to the current case, and Skripal's case is relevant by making use of false facts (repeatedly pointed out, yet deflected or ignored). The above, simplistic and misleading presentation is a fine example of such.

And as said earlier, hypocrisy is practically a tenet of international relations and diplomacy, yet this seems like new to you.

My facts are not false. 

My posts focus on trumps hypocrisy because this is a thread based on trump’s words. 

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My facts are not false. 

My posts focus on trumps hypocrisy because this is a thread based on trump’s words. 

some of the "facts" you cited were definitely false, whether you like to acknowledge it or pretend otherwise. Skripal was a UK citizen, and the attack was carried on UK soil. The details pertaining to the recent indictment are not similar. The same goes with regard to the relations between parties involved and the US.

Your posts, whether you wish to acknowledge it or pretend otherwise, raised or touched several points. That you cannot actually defend comments made and resort to inane denials is rather telling.

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

some of the "facts" you cited were definitely false, whether you like to acknowledge it or pretend otherwise. Skripal was a UK citizen, and the attack was carried on UK soil. The details pertaining to the recent indictment are not similar. The same goes with regard to the relations between parties involved and the US.

Your posts, whether you wish to acknowledge it or pretend otherwise, raised or touched several points. That you cannot actually defend comments made and resort to inane denials is rather telling.

The circumstances of the cases are the same. 

The reaction of trump to each case, very different. 

Reason for this: one country is not spending billions on arms, the other is. 

Regarding your second paragraph :coffee1:

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The circumstances of the cases are the same. 

The reaction of trump to each case, very different. 

Reason for this: one country is not spending billions on arms, the other is. 

Regarding your second paragraph :coffee1:

Actual facts were provided to show that your statement regarding "the same" is untrue. You choose to inanely ignore and deny, with what basically amounts to no actual support of your claim.

Trump's reactions (without getting into the merits of either) are different because there's a different set of circumstances involved. That you expect it to be otherwise goes back to your previous incorrect assertion.

That you do no wish to acknowledge inaccurate points you yourself raised and resort to repetitive deflection, is characteristic of your posts.

Archived