90 days reporting, 270 people waiting

Is this a new record for Chaeng Wattana? Took my more than 5 hours waiting to get my 90 days reported not including the 2 hours of traffic to get there. 
Immigration does seem to have been crazy this week. A colleague of mine arrived at 7am on Monday to do his Extension and wasn't finished until past 6pm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ajnamoon said:

Why  Not do it online  

Errrrrrrrrrrrr because its notoriously unreliable, the system crashes on a regular basis, its subject to the whims of the Immigration Office its received in and sometimes people want to go to the end of their 7 day grace period. That's just for starters.

Of note Immigration Offices are closed this coming Monday which may be the reason for increased numbers today.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this a new record for Chaeng Wattana? Took my more than 5 hours waiting to get my 90 days reported ,

Maybe we can have a competition with you; Immigration in Chiang Mai is a massive joke. Took me last time 3.5 hours for the TM 30 report ( 1 minute computer update).  Lets see which Immigration office gets the gold medal for ineffectiveness. Then flip it to Big Joke to fix?

3 hours ago, amexpat said:

I think the success rate is very high among people who are able to book a flight or order products online. 

There is no reason at all not to do online reporting. As long as you're within the time window then your chances of success are 100%. You may have to try different browsers or retrying if they're having network issues but it's a lot better than waiting all day in the immigration office.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Is this a new record for Chaeng Wattana? Took my more than 5 hours waiting to get my 90 days reported not including the 2 hours of traffic to get there. 

Of course the fact that the office will probably be closed on Monday due to a national holiday had nothing to to with it. Piece of advice - Check national holidays before doing your immigation visis. 

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'd love to know what the success rate is of those who try this method. I've tried many times and only succeeded in getting my app in once. And that was rejected. 'Report to the office in person'.

Its always worked for me, and still does. But you must do it within 14 days before expiry, and not later than 7 days before reporting date.

• Thanks 1

I've helped a few of my pals report on-line in the past 6 months or so... all with success.

But when I did my own a week last Saturday it was still pending on the Tues (it normally gets approved on Monday if submitted over the w/e), so I cancelled it and resubmitted - finally getting approved on the Friday (last possible day in the window), but the system wouldn't let me print the "next appointment".

Another guy I know did his on the Monday, and it never got approved - he's cursing as he has to go in person now.

So there have clearly been some problems over these last couple of weeks which could be why more people are having to report in person this week. 

I were at Chaeng Wattana October 10th. Came there at 8.15 and leaved 1.30 175 before me in queue when I got my queue number.

A lot of agents with 10 passports or so passing the queue. 

Regarding online report.

They only accept an outdated version of Internet explorer. When entering the site you get warning about security issues.

This is of course if the site is up and running, which shouldn't be taken for granted. 

I have tried several times but given up. 

Next time it will be by snail mail, seems to be the safest and most convenient this year 2018.

• Like 1

I've been mailing my 90 days in Chiang Mai: but despite the claim ( from THEM, in print) they date it from the day of receipt. I've lost 2 weeks and a week. I went in to point this out - with the paper from them stating there would be no change of date - the woman in charge  just ushered me out and didn't change my renewal date.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

Why  Not do it online  

I tried yesterday several times.

I tried today several times.

That's what I got: "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

Thank you very much!

• Like 1