90 days reporting, 270 people waiting

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'd love to know what the success rate is of those who try this method. I've tried many times and only succeeded in getting my app in once. And that was rejected. 'Report to the office in person'.

A few years ago when it began, I did the ninety days online, no problem, I thought, this is much better, then it stopped, and began again, long story short, when I went to apply for my one year retirement extension, the immigration officer said, "not any good,you have a problem, you will have to pay a fine, a big one,I thought,F--- it, I have all the relevant paperwork, all the copies and now they drop this one on me, anyway, after many nail-biting minutes, with him clicking away on his computer, me looking down at the floor,thinking 'how much',a few thumps with his stamper, I thought it was the fine he was stamping, he handed my passport back, all stamped up with my new one year extension, I wish he had given me the nod about five minutes before, I'm back to a visit to immigration,for now,and that immigration officer, he turned out to be a very good one, as I found out with my visits after.

• Like 1

some offices do not work with the online method.  Also when doing it by mail you also have to include an addressed return envelope with postage on it.

At Ratchaburi immigration it usually takes about 5 mins to do 90 day reporting.

7 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

Why  Not do it online  

Some offices won't accept that. There are three to my knowledge.

Sorry, I am getting mixed up with online reporting and sending by post.

Edited by possum1931

2 hours ago, hanbla said:

I were at Chaeng Wattana October 10th. Came there at 8.15 and leaved 1.30 175 before me in queue when I got my queue number.

A lot of agents with 10 passports or so passing the queue. 

Regarding online report.

They only accept an outdated version of Internet explorer. When entering the site you get warning about security issues.

This is of course if the site is up and running, which shouldn't be taken for granted. 

I have tried several times but given up. 

Next time it will be by snail mail, seems to be the safest and most convenient this year 2018.

I also went there on October 10th for the 90 days reporting. I arrived at 8.00 am and could leave the office at 9.00 am. I had a very low queue number (71) for the 90 days reporting and number 360-375 in the queue outside the office. 

Edited by nebrot
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'd love to know what the success rate is of those who try this method. I've tried many times and only succeeded in getting my app in once. And that was rejected. 'Report to the office in person'.

The past 2 times I've done it online and worked a breeze (Internet Explorer)

9 hours ago, metisdead said:

I've been doing the mail in 90 day report for at least a year now.  Fill out the form, put your relevant copies of the passport pages in the envelope, go to the post office or a mailing service in your local shopping center, pay for EMS, and put another self addressed envelope with a stamp on it in the envelope and send to:

90 Days Report Section

Immigration Bureau (IMM. DIV.1)

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Rd. Soi 7

Tungsonghong, Laksi, BKK 10210

Mail it in 15 days before your notification date. 

All provinces can mail into this address for 90 day reports?

I wasn't aware of this, is why I'm asking.

I had thought we needed to report @ our local immigration office.

1 minute ago, ajarnmarc said:

You have to report to your local office. 

That address is only for Bangkok.

7 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

As the topic was about the 90 day report waiting line at Chaeng Wattana which is in Bangkok, I don't think that address would work for reporting from other provinces. I am doing my 90 day reports from the Bangkok area. 

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Me too. I've been reporting by mail for years. Very straightforward; you just need to remember to mail it 15 days before the due date.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ditto...for around two years now...works like a charm.   I mail it off around the 13 to 15 days before the due date....around 10 days later I get my 90 day receipt back.  My only visit to CW each year is to do my retirement extension of stay.

I can't do the 90 day report online because the online system rejects me since I haven't left the country for 10 years.  I think if you haven't "entered/reentered" Thailand since around "Jan 13" you will not be in their 90 day online reporting system.  That is, if you last entered 31 Dec 12 or earlier you are probably not in their online 90 day reporting system and the only way to get into it is exit and reenter the country....or enter for the first time.

Edited by Pib

8 hours ago, steve73 said:

I've helped a few of my pals report on-line in the past 6 months or so... all with success.

But when I did my own a week last Saturday it was still pending on the Tues (it normally gets approved on Monday if submitted over the w/e), so I cancelled it and resubmitted - finally getting approved on the Friday (last possible day in the window), but the system wouldn't let me print the "next appointment".

Another guy I know did his on the Monday, and it never got approved - he's cursing as he has to go in person now.

So there have clearly been some problems over these last couple of weeks which could be why more people are having to report in person this week. 

So one needs a printer and a scanner in order to submit things online?   Not exactly totally on-line and electronic friendly

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

Why  Not do it online  

Or the old snail mail way. Certified mail, Bt18, 15 days before time, plus Bt10 SAE. Been doing it for 15 yrs, never failed. BTW, I used to put in a Bt5 SAE, and this time the Imm Officer kindly added another Bt5 for the increased price. Only in Thailand - they help with your mail.

Hate the traffic, love the people.

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So one needs a printer and a scanner in order to submit things online?   Not exactly totally on-line and electronic friendly

No.. nothing needs scanning.  Printer only if you want a hard copy of the "next appointment" slip to keep in your PP.  I keep a photo of it on my phone and this has been accepted by Imm when doing my extension..

On 10/12/2018 at 11:04 AM, Moonlover said:

Thanks for the tip UJ, but I've given up now. Both Udon Thani and my new one Sakon Nakhon are both easy peasy, usually no more that 10 to 15 minutes.

There are some advantages to living out in the sticks. :smile:

Not only out in sticks. Pattaya, my last 90 day and 1yr extn, no more than 10 mins each. Have to ensure I"m all good to go as they're usually calling my number as I enter inner office.

21 hours ago, hanbla said:

Regarding online report.

They only accept an outdated version of Internet explorer.

It might be your computer that's the problem.

I did my last 90 report using the Chrome browser. I submitted in the morning and had my confirmation by 4pm the same day.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:56 PM, ubonjoe said:

Probably much higher than you think.

Look at the last few pages of the pinned topic for online reporting and you will see several of them.

Does this include a 30 day tourist visa extension application??

If so (excuse my ignorance) any chance you can post this pinned topic link UbonJoe ??

Sick to death of having to go all the way up (or down) CW.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:00 PM, marcusarelus said:

Did they fix the 90 day online reporting for old arrivals 10 years or more ago?  Last I knew it only worked if you were a recent arrival. 

Not to my knowledge.  Unless you last entered Thailand "on or after 1 Jan 13" you will not be in the 90 day online reporting system...you must report in person or by mail.    And the pisser is they will not manually enter you....you must exit and reenter the country to get into the online reporting system.

Like me....I last entered Thailand in late 2008.  The online system does not work for me....after entering the info in the first page and clicking continue I always get below error message which is basically saying I'm not in their online system and must instead contact my immigration office to report.   I've tried many times....last time just a few days ago since I had tried it for a year or so....got below message....so I mailed off my report to Cheang Wattana like I have been successfully doing for a little over two years now....works fine by mail.

image.png.679e125200a98ee8bd06a62a975e648e.png

Edited by Pib