income bank deposit combo forretirement visa

Can anyone tell me if a monthly pension of 30000 baht could be combined with a deposit of less than 800,000 to qualify for retirement visa? Are such combinations still possible ? If so, how are they calculated?

I know such combinations used to be ok but can't see much about same lately.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

The only problem being that if you receive your pension from the UK, the British Embassy will soon cease to issue letters confirming that pension amount AND that is the very letter that Thai immigration need to see and accept.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And at least at BKK CW Immigration for retirement extensions using the combo method, they'll want the Thai bank deposit portion to have been "seasoned" (on deposit and meeting the required amount) for, I believe, 2 months for new first time extension applicants, and 3 months for existing extension applicants, prior to the application date.

• Like 1

I'm using the combo method for my new retirement extension in Dec...and to obtain the amount to be deposited in the bank I used:

800000 - (12 x monthly income) = required deposit in local bank account...I added about 10% extra to compensate for currency fluctuations...

and I transferred this amount into my K - bank account last month for 3 month seasoning purposes...I'll get an income affidavit from the US embassy when the time comes...

anyone hear of any stories of folks running down to the USE in a panic to get the affidavit in advance afraid that they'll pull the same shit as the UKE?

4 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

anyone hear of any stories of folks running down to the USE in a panic to get the affidavit in advance afraid that they'll pull the same shit as the UKE?

You can check their online appointments scheduling system -- which you have to use anyway to make an appointment for obtaining an income affidavit -- to see when are the soonest available appointment dates.

When I did mine a month or so back, at the point I went to check for an appointment, the earliest available date was 4-5 working days into the future. I haven't checked lately to see if the whole UK Embassy fracas is having any spillover effect on the US Embassy appointments system.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 2:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you pension is paid monthly (some are weekly or 4 weeks) you multiply your 30k baht income by 12. Then subtract the 360k bhat number from 800k baht which is 440k baht. I highly suggest you add some to the 440k baht to allow for exchange rate fluctuations since immigration will calculate the amount based upon the the rate for the day you apply.

Is that how they calculate the combo method for marriage visa as well?

Using the OP's posted numbers for illustration:

30k income * 12 months = 360k

400k minus 360k = 40k needed to be deposited and seasoned to meet the combo requirement.

Plus some extra for exchange rate cushion, of course.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

I'm using the combo method for my new retirement extension in Dec...and to obtain the amount to be deposited in the bank I used:

800000 - (12 x monthly income) = required deposit in local bank account...I added about 10% extra to compensate for currency fluctuations...

and I transferred this amount into my K - bank account last month for 3 month seasoning purposes...I'll get an income affidavit from the US embassy when the time comes...

They did indeed pull the same s. But based but on you're timing you're OK to get your U.S. embassy letter this (last) time. 

Going forward, it's not yet clear whether the combo method will still be possible without the embassy letter.

Sigh.

I have my retirement coming in monthly as a direct deposit to NYC Bangkok Bank, which then auto transfers to my local Bangkok Bank. Would not the bank statement from BKBank showing regular monthly transfers into the country be enough to document income?