Where Have all the Oldies Gone... Long Time Pa.....

Gonzo the Face

Anyone seen this guy around, or know if has passed on.

For many years he was around and most knew him as Wild Bill.  Had a long grey beard and would braid the bottom and tuck it into his shirt.  Had, over the years some young local wives and lived much of the time up with the hilltribes. He would always stop and visit with us for a bit when in town, but haven't seen him for a few years.  Was raising vegetables with the hill folks for some years.  Do hope he hasn't passed cuz he was a very interesting character,  Anyone have any word on him?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

He...or maybe she has always had about 3 names running concurrently for as long as I ever knew him/her.

He/she can then start a thread and just talk to himself aggressively until one of him/her gets banned.

Great idea when you have no friends 

Harsh!

But I liked his TommoThePhysicist best, he had great character, remember him?

I was ill for a while and it coincided with some of the snarkiness and even nastiness that we would only see in the other forums seeping through.  I really wasn't in the right place to deal with unpleasantness so I gave it away for a couple of years.

Just started catching up again, mainly to keep up with what's happening at immigration, and it seems very quiet (but from what I've seen so far nice and friendly again).

1 minute ago, Konini said:

I was ill for a while and it coincided with some of the snarkiness and even nastiness that we would only see in the other forums seeping through.  I really wasn't in the right place to deal with unpleasantness so I gave it away for a couple of years.

Just started catching up again, mainly to keep up with what's happening at immigration, and it seems very quiet (but from what I've seen so far nice and friendly again).

Good to see you back again Konini.

I have been a member since 2004 and remember the good old days when groups of us would get together socially. I have one friend who moved back home that I still see once a year.  Once upon a time I was a moderator and I could not believe the abuse that the position generated, so please be aware what mods have to suffer, but generally as has been stated the CM forum has deteriorated over the years and I don't come on here much at all but as I get older I get a lot out of the Health forum and TV in general has and continues to be useful for finding tradesmen and keeping up to date with news stories I don't think I would ever give up on it unless I moved from Thailand

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, cyberfarang said:

What I have noticed is what seems to be a lack of female posters on the main forums and these threads do seem to be dominated by old Farang males,

Nothing odd about that on a Thai forum. Western women are turned off by the whole Thai/ prostitute thing, and most male posters on TVF are or have been mongers, IMO, whatever they may claim.

Also, young people have better things to do than sit and waffle on TVF all day, while most of us older males are retired and have all day to "chat" on TVF. I certainly spent a good part of my day on TVF as it was too hot to go out, and I don't like hanging around in bars drinking.

I don't come on here much anymore, as I have better things to do than get insulted by a lot of grumpy old men, though there was a certain entertainment value to it when I had little else to do.

IMO, the reason many have left is nothing to do with the gender mix, but because most sub forums have become boring, and that, IMO, is because of the reason we are not permitted to discuss.

If the forum returned to the "old days"" where sex was a regular subject of discussion, I think there would be more activity, but of course, that has apparently vanished from the discourse, for whatever reason that may be.

Archived