Where Have all the Oldies Gone... Long Time Pa.....

Gonzo the Face

Just now, billd766 said:

My latest companion is in her early 50s and still 21 years younger than when I met her back in 1993. Married 18 years with a 14 year old son. I am beginning to think she is in for the long haul. She hasn't called me a hansum man for a couple of years now.

I think I heard her call me this last month  คุณผายลมเก่าโง่ which according to Google translate comes out something like you silly old fart.

My wife regularly digs out old photos of me when I was younger and says, "Wow, you used to be a very handsome man!".

I guess that's a complement?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came to Chiang Mai in 2005, lived inside the Klong for 3 years. I had no computer skills at all but learned a little at a shop on the walking street. I used the forum extensively for travel advice, primarily because it popped up on internet searches. People were not as prone to be nasty then and many people would post photos of, and helpful advice about accomodations and places to see. I didn't join until 2010 because I felt that I had little to offer along those lines. I appreciate the help, advice and humor of the "oldies" and love to see a topic where people respond to questions without condescension and I can still learn something new when photos are posted by members.

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

My latest companion is in her early 50s and still 21 years younger than when I met her back in 1993. Married 18 years with a 14 year old son. I am beginning to think she is in for the long haul. She hasn't called me a hansum man for a couple of years now.

I think I heard her call me this last month  คุณผายลมเก่าโง่ which according to Google translate comes out something like you silly old fart.

Good to read the post from so any young whippersnappers.  Now heres some advice from a mature senior.  My wife is just about 35 years younger than me, and things are just great as they have been now for almost 20 years.  Even with the fact of me having some health difficulties of late ( seem to have misplaced one of my legs.... let me know if you see one walking around) Life is just great cepting  for one thing seems to worry me a bit...... I think she seems to be slowing down a bit.

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am still here and I joined TVF on 11 November 2003 nearly 15 years ago. AFAIR (age related thing) I was member 5,6xx, if members are still numbered.

For my sins or whatever member number 52, I guess there are not that many lower numbers around nowadays on the whole forum.

32 minutes ago, billd766 said:

well, next time she asks for a thousand baht,  give her a hundred.  when she complains tell her 

กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด  !   

and for all TV members please indulge us old farts using a bit of thai  ????

14 minutes ago, Thailand said:

For my sins or whatever member number 52, I guess there are not that many lower numbers around nowadays on the whole forum.

If you're anything like the number 52 that i used to know you must be really hot !

It is kind of spooky when a member is a long time fixture on TVF and then - poof - they disappear never to be heard from again. Does make me wonder what became of them. I'm guessing divorce, health problems or repatriation are the most likely explanations.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Phew thanks! My first wife (UK) was 5 years younger than me, My second wife (UK) was 10 years younger than me, my 3rd wife (Thai) is 20 years younger than me. Extrapolating the series (5,10,20) my next wife needs to be 40 years younger than me. As I too look pretty good for my age, that shouldn't be a problem, I've already had 2 offers in the last 12 months in the right age bracket and continue to interview for the position.

Well Spidey going by your own admission about wives ages, it looks like your next wife has not been born yet.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

13 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

It is kind of spooky when a member is a long time fixture on TVF and then - poof - they disappear never to be heard from again. Does make me wonder what became of them. I'm guessing divorce, health problems or repatriation are the most likely explanations.

Possibly as they are long time members there were older and possibly may have died.

1 minute ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Half your age + 7 years is a good starting point. But go with the flow. Personally I could imagine being with a woman for more than a fleeting romance 2 generations different to me. We's both end up bored out of our minds no doubt.

I'll tell my wife that she needs to lose 4 years. She nearly slit my throat when I told her that she needed to lose 2 kilos.

This isn't going to end well.

I like to think I was part of the old family but totally agree  with Folk guitar as the reasons its lost its appeal the old regulars.

In the good old days you almost had a good drift of peoples writing personalities, the comedians, the antagonists, the sensitive ones, the trusted ones, but the banter then even though bordering on the edge of "can I get away with that" it was great.

Push came to shove with me, when Thaivisa/Nation started making a right balls up of the mobile app 2 years ago, and then they advanced their technology so much, that the website would no longer run on my dated Windows XP.

I thought Thai visa isn't going to dictate to me what computer system I want to run, I couldn't care less now the facebook groups have gone far and beyond what Thai visa ever was.

There was a time when there would be so many threads and comments on topics that you couldn't keep up with them, trying to land a perfect comeback or pun in a few seconds was challenging, yet as I switch on the Chiang Mai forum now....recent members listed only shows myself!

I will of course occasionally browse to be nosey but tbh its same old same old

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I thought that number 52 was a lamb curry at the Indian restaurant I used to go to in the UK decades ago. :whistling:

More like a fish in a bowl   ........

10 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

A woman over 40 does not make a man of any age look stupid.  Get a grip.  Young fellows. 

I'm not so sure, my wife is 48 now and she makes me look stupid on a regular basis. On the other hand, I may be making myself look stupid and she merely brings it to my attention.

Good to see you on here again. I hope your problems worked out OK.

I have left LOS for good, and not having internet only get on here rarely.

IMO a lot of posters left because of the reason we are not allowed to discuss.

Because of the reason we are not allowed to discuss, IMO the forum has become very boring. No more entertaining discussions of ladyboys and suchlike. I for one have little interest in the best pizza in C M, or where to get the cheapest haircut etc etc etc. Shame really, as I very much enjoyed the forum in the good old days. It was a great way to pas a few hours.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Good to see you on here again. I hope your problems worked out OK.

I have left LOS for good, and not having internet only get on here rarely.

IMO a lot of posters left because of the reason we are not allowed to discuss.

Because of the reason we are not allowed to discuss, IMO the forum has become very boring. No more entertaining discussions of ladyboys and suchlike. I for one have little interest in the best pizza in C M, or where to get the cheapest haircut etc etc etc. Shame really, as I very much enjoyed the forum in the good old days. It was a great way to pas a few hours.

Obviously looking in the wrong place, been in the Pub ? the topics you mention are in there ????

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, Gecko123 said:

That happened to The Dark Lord. I had a good conversation going with him, One day he just stopped posting, and I've never heard anything from him again.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Obviously looking in the wrong place, been in the Pub ? the topics you mention are in there ????

Thanks. However, I used to regularly contribute on that subforum, and there has been a dearth of juicy ladyboy threads for a while. Someone did try to get something going by asking us if we ever had an "encounter" with one, but I doubt many are going to admit to that on a public forum.

Main problem for me on it, is the flamers, and I usually have to ask a moderator to close the thread.

It was on that subforum in the "evil brother In law" thread that I last read anything from The Dark Lord. I fear he has passed over, but he had a gift for great writing when he was with us.

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I have been told by some ex regulars that The "Pub" as a Bar has closed (or was a few weeks ago) but the Guest house and other buildings are still open.

I may be wrong and if so I apologise.

Clearly we are at cross purposes...….

(how can anyone "post" topics in an actual bar?)

I was referring to :  The Pub forum here on Thaivisa.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, colinneil said:

Yourself you have been a member 19 days and have a post count of over 450, thats a lot, beats me over 11 years and almost 8.000, so you are heading for driving nearly every thread.

I always use the "positive voting" thing as a litmus test for whether someone is likely to be worth reading or not. For example -  you've made 8000 posts, but have around 32,000 positive "likes". Tells me that on average you get 4 likes per post, which means they're likely to be decent. The amount of people who have 10,000 posts with 1000 upvotes here is quite incredible - leads me to think that there are heaps of people without much interesting to say

Archived