Foreigners drug tested as part of "X-Ray Outlaw" sweep

webfact

38 minutes ago, 9505robin said:

I've loved Thailand. My wife is Thai, but I've removed touring information from our business for Thailand. I'm no longer telling people to visit Thailand. I can not be where a country treats the visitors like inmates at a prison. The US is trying to imprison it's own as it is. I'm all for finding another planet to live on

This planet has past being sucky, it's just plane ridiculous the control all the inhabitants of this plants have from the powers elected to represent us. The world is under dictatorship from the richest of the rich.  Our world needs to be taken back!!!

Shall we have a revolution ?

Get rid of all the politicians and have some nice people leading us instead .

Shall we get it going this week-end ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Yes better we just get meny criminals scumbags with overstay 

sorry they do a good job to try get lowlife criminals out of Thailand what is wrong with that 

I wish they would do that in my country too 

As per the story, they are wasting time rousting clean, documented workers, while they should be doing exactly what you say above :  "try get lowlife criminals out of Thailand"

• Thanks 1

Well good to hear the factory comes clean out of this , just shows it's possible to run a business with all the documents in order. Work permits are expensive to get so they must be earning enough in that factory. 

Next week the news will be about overstayers again , get your popcorn ready.

11 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

sorry they do a good job to try get lowlife criminals out of Thailand what is wrong with that 

I would agree, the immigration rules in the UK make it very difficult to deal with iligals, and foreign criminals.

What could be wrong with having rules that people follow?

Now that Canada has changed its official national flower to that of Ganja, what will happen to my fellow countrymen when they come here for a vacation and get drug tested randomly?
Actually has anyone from the Netherlands ever had this happen to them?
Would love to hear how they got out of that pickled reefer...
The tests are usually for amphetamines not marijuana.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, balo said:

Well good to hear the factory comes clean out of this , just shows it's possible to run a business with all the documents in order. Work permits are expensive to get so they must be earning enough in that factory. 

Next week the news will be about overstayers again , get your popcorn ready.

How innocent you are.  When this sort of raid takes place it is carefully orchestrated by the police and factory owners who have been pre-warned.  The police get kudos for their efforts + expenses for their time.  The owners get good publicity for running a tight ship.  Every one wins except black tourists.

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Oh yes, hardcore criminals just love to work in factories.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Now that Canada has changed its official national flower to that of Ganja, what will happen to my fellow countrymen when they come here for a vacation and get drug tested randomly?

Actually has anyone from the Netherlands ever had this happen to them?

Plenty of Dutch been arrested in the past , but they lived here and continue the bad habit of smoking marijuana. 

If you are addicted to it theres no point coming to Thailand in the first place. 

I read in the news you can't get addicted smoking one per day . But first one , then two , then three. Legalize it and you have released another problem . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Is this an attempt to make people believe the millions and millions of Yaba, meth, ecstasy and other pills on the streets are soleily manufactured for, sold, and consumed by the pesky foreigners?

17 hours ago, 9505robin said:

I've loved Thailand. My wife is Thai, but I've removed touring information from our business for Thailand. I'm no longer telling people to visit Thailand. I can not be where a country treats the visitors like inmates at a prison. The US is trying to imprison it's own as it is. I'm all for finding another planet to live on

This planet has past being sucky, it's just plane ridiculous the control all the inhabitants of this plants have from the powers elected to represent us. The world is under dictatorship from the richest of the rich.  Our world needs to be taken back!!!

17 hours ago, marqus12 said:

Four years of raids and crackdowns related to foreigners.

All this in a situation in which the country lives from foreigners.

There are no other problems? The Thai people did not get bored of this?
Five years ago, the wage for an unskilled worker was 9,000 baht
Today it is still 9,000 k.

But let's catch some overstayers who's peeing pink ... strange

14 hours ago, CLW said:

Yep. They seem to have their priorities...
Welcome to Thailand

I can't remember from 35 years reading news from home that there were ever random drug tests of foreign workers or tourists in my country.

19 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Good if they are trying to get the unwanted farangs, junkies, overstayers out of the coutry....fine !....Good job !..Carry on.

But making random pee tests in a corrupt society like Thailand with a fairly corrupt police, can/could/may lead to abuses from some corrupt officers,  who could tamper/falsify the pee tests,  in order to extort money from an innocent tourist/expat.  And that is scary.

These random drug screen tests  also need to be fully reliable, and when conducted in the streets, done under top brass level supervision, present on the site,  to watch over the other officers if they are not trying to extort innocent tourists or who could let the criminals go, against a bribe.

Now if this becomes a racket and starts to target innocent tourists for money by tampering the pee drug tests, within days the internatinal media will expose the racket and there will be no tourists at all.....

You all sound a bit paranoid and delusional. Which can be a sign of drug use.

Firstly, in all large factory areas the workers are randomly drug tested, usually twice a year. On the factory floor and the office workers as well. This is not some conspiracy against us. It is the rules of the land. Dont take my word for it, ask a Thai factory worker if you know any.

I think a lot of people here can not keep up with the thai language and havent a clue of the reality around them. Then they read the press designed for foreigners, which is why this article appeared here, and get a slanted view. You will also often see in factory areas coppers doing random piss tests around knock off time.

Secondly, if a person tests positive at work they can either fess up, or be retested. If they test positive they lose their job.

Thirdly, even if it was just targeted at foreigners, the thais have every right to do so, being their country and all. They dont want foreign druggies here. Up to them. If you dont like it here you could always return to where you came from or find somewhere else to live.

What has surprised me from the "raids" i have personally witnessed is the low numbers who are actually positive, similar to what is reported here. Which leads me to believe it is a very practical policy to reduce drug use. Getting arrested is not good, but losing your job is worse.

19 hours ago, 9505robin said:

You should make a video on Youtube!

On 10/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, yellowboat said:

Thailand's military government's obsession with foreigners, very heavy handed and silly looking 

Really! All they need to do is read TVF to see how much they are truly loved and admired by all the foreigners :cool:

Edited by Dap

1 hour ago, Dap said:

Really! All they need to do is read TVF to see how much they are truly loved and admired by all the foreigners :cool:

They may wish to concern themselves more with the average Thai who complains about higher costs and higher taxes.  Prem spelled it out some time ago regarding the junta's lack of performance.  The peanut gallery here is just a reflection of what the humble Thai thinks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They may wish to concern themselves more with the average Thai who complains about higher costs and higher taxes.  Prem spelled it out some time ago regarding the junta's lack of performance.  The peanut gallery here is just a reflection of what the humble Thai thinks.

The powers that be will ignore the humble citizen until they are perceived to be a threat of one form or another.

• Like 1