‘Big Joke’ vows to get rid of 7,000 overstaying foreigners by end of month

webfact

I am completely and utterly in favour of control of illegals.

But I do think these razzias eventually will give Thailand a bad name.

People might get afraid, even if they are legal, talk about these raids at home, and who knows.......

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Very good thing to get rid of the farangs who do not respect the law.

After that, we would like to suggest around 7'000+ taxi drivers in Bangkok who regularly refuse the meter.

We would also like to suggest around 7000+ immigration police officers who regularly are unaware of the rules, make up their own red tape on visa extension issues and make life complicated for the foreigners who wish to play by the rules.

Please also remember to tackle 7000 employees of the DLT - Land Transport Offices who also make trouble here and there on driving licence issues with foreigners.

And this will be a good start, Sir. Well done for your efforts to make this country a better place and keep up the good work.

Get rid of the farangs?

What about neighbours staying illegally?

I'm with the folks saying to get rid of em:

• Surely they are the ones who make life more difficult for the rest of us by giving resident foreigners a bad name
  • If they don't have enough money to comply with the law they should be at home anyway
  • Those of us who pay what it takes to make ourselves legal have always felt it's not fair that so many simple get by without jumping through the legal hoops.  It's just not that difficult.

Cheers

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Oxx said:

What does that mean? Not doing 90 day reporting? Or not submitting TM.30 (which is not required by Bangkok immigration, but was still used in the case of the woman complaining about the noise from a nearby temple)?

Actually, there was a very recent report (yesterday if I remember correctly) that Bangkok Immigration may now have started requiring TM30 reporting as well.

Sophon

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I just wonder roughly what percentage do in reality report their address?

I'm sure it will be a flash in the pan, but who knows.

I wonder is this a 90 day report violation. Failing that is it a failure of the homeowner where they live to report that they are staying there. In many countries ti have claw stipulating that the homeowner make the report and then fining or kicking out the third party that is reminding there is a failure of jurisprudence. Only the party that had to make the report could be held liable in any other jurisdiction.

4 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Why is the Baht so strong?

"The strong baht is probably a combination of the $4-billion-per-month inflow from tourists and lower imports because of sluggish domestic consumption... " http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/your_say/30329627

Thus, if Chinese tourism declines drastically, then they will want us again. In reality, we are just the equivalent of early post-segregation Blacks - except that we have money. Beware the Thai smile.

Sure you do.:cheesy:

pd.gif

This is not about getting rid of forigners or farangs so to day. Its about getting rid of criminals who are hiding out here. Yes becsuse of porous borders but also because some of those here are really not good people. So they are enforcing the system. The rules they have but have not enforced for lots of reasons. The shrine bombing was the cataylist for this.. So don't use visa agents now or if you have go back to your own country and get a new/legally obtained visa.. If not be prepared to maybe spend some time in prison.. Its no good saying you did'nt know!

Its illegal to use fake documents to obtain a visa. Bank statements and the like. Fines and upto five years in prison..

Edited by Chicken George
Spelling
  • Like 1

start by requiring police reports from anyone applying for a retirement visa from the appropriate agencies, interpol, scotland yard, FBI.  lots of rich scumbags here and  i would also suggest that Thailand upgrade immigration at all entry points to bio-metric finger print and iris detection.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

This is not about getting rid of forigners or farangs so to day.

- Farangs have decreased significantly since 2014 and they are lobbying Chinese (closer ideology since they come from a communist country).

- Internet Firewall

- Fingerprint registration ideas for sim cards

- Regulate regulate regulate.

- Racism (although that was always there).

- Increased nationalism, and inflicting the idea that all foreigners are bad.

- Pre election.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Many have the money but quite rightly don't want to keep it in a Thai bank account in perpetuity.

So just cough up the 65/40,000 cash a month with proof and that is the end of it unless they are not making that? 800/400 is a breeze to do and very, very simple if you got plenty of cash. 

The main problem is many of these guys do not have the money but they won't admit it.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Good question. saw another recent report regarding this. I'd guess only a fine, but who knows?

Don't recall seeing the outcome of the previous article.

Let us not forget, the arrests and detentions also include Thai landlords and hoteliers who do not report/register their tenants/guests. What finally happens to them I have no idea.

Could not be better. Let them arrest all overstayers. What I don't like is the urine test they do to catch users of Marijuana (and other drugs) after they verify your passport and immigration status. Once, I just arrived from Amsterdam and caught up in this stupid raid. And guess what happened? Why do a urine test? I think it is a violation of privacy and my American friend thinks it is OK. He has been living in Thailand for a longtime and lost all sense of privacy I think. ????

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 2