Is it hot or am I just forgetting.....?

248900_1469958220

Hello all. I am getting pretty tired of the heat. I have lived here 14 years now....I KNOW its a hot country......but is it just me or did it get REAL hot again over the last month? Am I losing perspective? It seems we had a pretty mild May - Sept as far as temps go. Am I wrong? The last month has felt like hot season where I am in Pathumtani. They quote 32 degrees on the weather reports I check, but I think you can add at least 3 degrees to it.......

Excuse me sir....when will cool season arrive?

• Like 2

It's always hot here, unless perhaps you go way up north or way up a mountain.

A few years ago, thanks to the El Nino/La Nina balance shifting, we enjoyed some pleasantly cool days in Jan/Feb, but not last year or, I suspect, this year.

Aircon is the only answer.

I have noticed its hot the last month or so, even with cloud cover and rain, when the sun is out its like summer heat. Thai wife has mentioned it as well. Still have to laugh at the mall though, with clothes shops starting to stock winter clothes. Winter jackets and scarfs, who is buying this stuff ?

• Like 1

contrary to scientific data, i used to fart a lot, emanating CO2, but the last couple of days i had fitne tea which emptied the stomach and farting alike, something is off if the temperature hasnt dropped 1.5 degree or so last couple of days

Edited by poanoi
  • Haha 1

Not all people do well in a tropical climate. Must be a minority though, because most expats claim that the "beautiful weather" is one thing that keeps them here.

In my book, sitting in a finnish sauna year round does not qualify as "beautiful weather". But, as one poster has already mentioned, Air Con is the answer, or the ceiling fans at Lulu's Bar and Grill, producing wind speeds comparable to an average Hurricane.

Not applicable for Brits and Scandinavians. For the Brits, every weather outside their home country must appear as "beautiful". The Scandinavians I do not understand: Why would they want to leave? Just by hopping into a Sauna will immediately imitate the Thai weather.

But wait! There is another reason to head for Thailand I was told. It's just that at the moment I can't think of what it is....:wink:
Cheers & Skol.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Not hot here in Pattaya,and constantly raining. Only have the aircon for a few hrs at night

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oh my Buddha, spot on....rain almost every single day about the 3 pm and 3 am hour.....getting web feet here in Pattaya.....sock of the rain...????????

• Like 2

I have a weather app that states actual temperature and how hot it feels.Since approx 22nd September till now it has constantly shown between 32-34 but feels like 42.In 15 years living in Phitsanulok ive never known it so hot and that includes March,April and May,and coupled with the high humidity it's felt at times blisteringly hot.

You know it's gotta be hot if the Thai's are complaining non stop.

• Like 1

Up here in Kalasin it has been hotter and more humid for this time of year from my experience.. being here 12 years now.  Usually cool season starts mid to late Sept.. and humidity usually drops.. not this year.. I've been struggling with heat and heat rash for over a month now.. I have to admit the early morning have been nice though...

I always thought that October and November were the most unpleasant months (weather wise) in Thailand. After the thunderstorms of the June - September wet season, we are suddenly back to cloudless skies, windless days and hot conditions. October can be particularly unpleasant if the humidity hangs around.

December and January we can look forward to cooler nights and a few cold days. February still has a few cooler days to offer. March - June is the build up to the wet season with hot and windless days, but we usually get the odd thunderstorm if it gets too hot.

The last two years were cooler than normal and not so bad. However, we now seem to be back to more normal hot weather. I think we've just been spoiled the last few years

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ukrules said:

You normally get a couple of weeks of 'cool' air - last week of December and first week of January.

That's 'peak winter' right there !

That depends entirely on which part of the country you reside in. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I sweat like a pig.

Cheer up. It's supposed to be healthy if you do.

I've sweated heavily all my life, it's just annoying to have to replace lost fluid all the time.

Edited by Lacessit