Indians top the overstay charts, Cambodian takes longest overstay "honors" in latest crackdown

webfact

5 hours ago, swissie said:

I have a bottle of Champagne ready to be opened. As soon as "Big Joke" will present a bunch of Chinese Nationals on overstay, ready to be deported.

Known for whoring its culture and country to the biggest spenders at any one time, they are now falling over themselves to keep Chinese happy. 

And, the Chinese are never appreciative as they just assume they are entitled to it. 

-Just like most countries, “illegals” from neighboring countries are most likely working below minimum wage and doing the kind of jobs most locals do not want to do. ( Who is working on many of the condo construction sites? ..or at the chicken processing plants?...or fisheries???? - not Thais.  And who do you think makes your tailor made shirts & suits that you order from the Indian shop?

I imagine the Indians are being taken advantaged of by some realative that owns a local restaurant or tailor shop. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Yup, just imagine tens of thousands of Thais returning from Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan all at once, joined by tens of thousands more from the U.S., Canada and the European Union and supplemented by further thousands from the Middle East. The Thai government would of course immediately complain how unfair it all is.

So the Thai government would complain about it being unfair if Thais staying illegally in foreign countries were deported.

Yes, of course they would.

17 hours ago, Thian said:

It's the same for real tourists...i was at a thai embassy this week and there were many farang standing outside discussing all the visa-rules, of course none of them understood it...Myself as a visa-user for over a decade also got surprised with new forms i had to fill in and deliver papers that were not noted on the website.

For tourist visa's nobody understood it, some even left without applying for their visa. 

So now we have chinese who get a free 2nd visa after visiting and we have farang who have no idea how to get a tourist visa and they even give up..probably they go to another country now....

Seriously, if people are too dim to be able to apply for a tourist visa then they probably shouldn't be travelling anyway.  

8 hours ago, NoMeAmes said:

I thought the topic of this thread was that Indians are the majority? So I'm talking about them, as well as the runner up (Cambodians), etc. Individualistic retired westerners don't need to send money home. They bring money to Thailand to support their new teenage Thai wife, the kids, wife's "brother", wife's parents, wife's neighbors, and the family buffalo ???? This is the type of foreigners that Thailand wants to keep in. Not the overstaying Indians and Cambodians....

They didn't just decide to round up Indians and Cambodians.  You do realise that don't you?  You think they did that because they don't spend enough money here and they didn't go after westerners because they do?

Plenty of Westerners have also been caught and deported.

23 hours ago, Longcut said:

Sure would like to know the number of Thai "overstayers" in other countries.  

Australia has a big problem with Thais and Filipino overstays which is why it is so hard for people from these countries to get a Visa.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, AlexRich said:

A guy from Cameroon staying 5 years in Surat Thani is pretty impressive as he would not be able to easily blend in within the community, especially if he were making a living in Thailand. 

Night time business hours?

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

They didn't just decide to round up Indians and Cambodians.  You do realise that don't you?  You think they did that because they don't spend enough money here and they didn't go after westerners because they do?

Plenty of Westerners have also been caught and deported.

At no point did I mention they were rounding up only Indians and Cambodians. Don't blame me if you missed the entire context. Since I feel generous, here a screenshot for you so your finger doesn't have to do some scrolling exercises. And FYI, Jimmynewbie was replying to someone else saying that they don't do anything about the many Thais working illegally in western countries. image.png