Cleaning Out The Trash

Formaleins

21 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Anyone noticed changes today?

not directly related to agents, but I went yesteday for a TM30 update and I did notice a fantastic change.

It was 3pm, I was convinced that I would get a number for 2 hours later as would have been the norm at Promenada, and instead I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

There is hope...

As for agents, I can only say that the TIAN agency that was on 3rd floor at Promenada has now relocated to what was previously the Spa next to the gas station opposite of immigration. They took over the whole huge building apparently... but the parking lot was almost completely empty.

13 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Life would be easier if they just had an immigration shop, where you went to buy your visa. A price for each visa, no forms or messing about, just like a road tax disc.

They could save billions on staff salaries and just had a few counter staff like a bank.

but it seems they like to over complicate it for everyone every year. They have driven the Chinese away with disdain and they are driving the rest of us away with immigration procedures

What a forward thinking country we are in.

Why not vending machines all over Thailand? Criminals, perverts, Westerners will no longer be discriminated against. *_*

• Like 2

Update - Some Visa Agents seem to be able to offer the COMPLETE PACKAGE, i.e. you pay full whack and it appears to be possible to still get your visa.

What has been stopped / suspended is the partial service, where you could pay less and get varying degrees of service, that did not cover the complete extension - i.e. Obtaining queue numbers etc.

The reply from the visa agent in Chiang Mai " 

"Thank you very much for your email and inquiry for our service.

Unfortunately we have to temporary suspend our service to obtain the service ticket for customers because the immigration officer no longer accept power of attorney to appoint any agent to obtain the service ticket for any applicants. 

It seems that you need to go and collect the ticket at immigration office by yourself.

Please feel free to contact us again in the future should you need other assistances."

And the update - " I am still poroviding a full service on visa extension for Thai Wife as we have been offerring our services to the clients. "

Edited by Formaleins

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I'm just wondering what your reaction would be if your government announced this arrangement for your home country?

This has always been in effect in all western countries (not only a VISA but citizenship).

But like everything else in the West, only the rich can afford to buy.

• Haha 1

At CM Immigration, they now start handing out queue numbers at just about 6am and even start processing very shortly thereafter.  However, an Immigration officer checks each person's passport before they can get in line for the queue number.  So, obviously the officers are looking for a match of the passport photo with the applicant or no queue number is given.

I hope that helps.  That's all I have learned about it.  Maybe there's more info about it.

Not true.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, helpisgood said:

At CM Immigration, they now start handing out queue numbers at just about 6am and even start processing very shortly thereafter.  However, an Immigration officer checks each person's passport before they can get in line for the queue number.  So, obviously the officers are looking for a match of the passport photo with the applicant or no queue number is given.

I hope that helps.  That's all I have learned about it.  Maybe there's more info about it.

I guess that was not from today's experience?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is not good news for the housebound, this guy has just deemed himself above the law by refusing to accept power of attorney.

They really do make it up as they go don't they.

Just like the UK embassy not doing income letters any more? Their new rule will inconvenience a whole lot of people including disabled. It also remains to be seen if all agents are banned or some particular one or few still have access.  Forgive me if I seem cynical.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Life would be easier if they just had an immigration shop, where you went to buy your visa. A price for each visa, no forms or messing about, just like a road tax disc.

They could save billions on staff salaries and just had a few counter staff like a bank.

but it seems they like to over complicate it for everyone every year. They have driven the Chinese away with disdain and they are driving the rest of us away with immigration procedures

What a forward thinking country we are in.

the immigration office said ..... if you no like go to your country.... imagine saying it with he's accent

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Would not make sense to penalize the queues and how they are made up each day of line sitters, agents, DIY'ers etc. The numbers of persons needing to be serviced would still be the same so it still boils down to more staff to improve the situation.

TM30 reporting seems to be efficient enough. Extension of tourist visas not a problem. Re-Entry permits, again seems to be OK and can be done on departure if necessary. Extension of stay based on marriage had their own office at Prom I don't know about airport location

90 days, does seem to be longish queues, but there are other options, beats me why more people don't use them.

Same old problem, too many people requiring extensions of stay and education visas and not enough IO's to do the job(Agents and remuneration may be the problem,just guessing).

And yes, a regulated appointment system and perhaps longer opening hours would be a start- then I woke up! ????

Last nights Thai news said that queue numbers would be handed out early ( before opening hours ) and that opening hours would extend to 8pm or, queue numbers completed.

If the numbers processed are maintained or even enhanced this will obviously be a plus. Issuance of numbers ahead of opening will allow you to then find a lay-up spot ( when combined with the smart phone ) or, go home - will take a little time to work through - fingers crossed or would that be rank optimism ? 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ned said:

With no agent to help them everyone will have to get down there themselves very very early now, passport in hand.

This is a big change which if  enforced might see an exodus of those expats who have been tossing up whether to stay on  in CM or move elsewhere.

On the other hand who knows. It might mean that CM Imm might be on the road to getting an orderly and effficient service going down there. (Sorry for being optimistic.....but you never know.)

I think this is correct then Big Joke needs a recruitment drive otherwise it goes from bad to worse down there time wise.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

the immigration office said ..... if you no like go to your country.... imagine saying it with he's accent

You are talking about the immigration official who is so important in his own country he doesn't have a vote.

And if a Chinese person complains to 'Big Joke' about him probably no job or pension either.

Edited by BritManToo

I think a certain group of foreigners better start saving baht's when thinking a bit for future changes to come …..(400K/800K or temporary the combo method until full 800/400K...) don't you feel where it is heading to …..income verification & use of agents ….

Also Thailand likes to take back control of their country laws and borders.....sound that not familiar …????? 

Edited by david555