Mother admits drowning her three-year-old son in Ayutthaya

snoop1130

Mother admits drowning her three-year-old son in Ayutthaya

By The Nation

43594e3326d4e02b97941a7a2a274e1d.jpeg

A Nonthaburi mother on Friday confessed to drowning her three-year-old son in a small pond in Ayutthaya out of frustration because she had not been drunk for days, police said.

Rungthip Yothikar, 34, admitted on Friday afternoon that she killed her son after she was questioned by police on Thursday night.

The boy's body was found floating on a small pond in a field of tall grass beside a railway track in Ayutthaya's Phachi district on Thursday.

The woman's relatives in Nonthaburi sought help from Pachi police to search for the boy after Rungthip left home with him on October 14 and returned home on Tuesday without her son.

She claimed that she left home without her son but her relatives saw her leaving home with the boy.

Police said that after questioning, Rungthip admitted she took her son to the spot and drowned him out of frustration because she had not been drunk for days. She said she was an alcoholic.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356785

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-19
  • Sad 3

The horrific murder of this innocent boy exposes once again how vulnerable children are in this country.This is not the first time this has happened and wont be the last .The system here has to act swiftly to punish the guilty and ensure that children will be protected . 

"Gone Too Soon"

• Like 1

This is just a minor sidebar story in Thailand that will soon be forgotten about.

If this was in a normal country this would be headline news for months and the story would stay in people’s conscience for years.

I very often wonder what the hell I am doing here now I have a family. 

Female infanticide is an every day occurrence in India where they are unwanted commodities and a burden on the family.just because Thailand has shiny cars and skyscrapers does change it from being a 3rd world country.evil bitch deserves more than what she's going to get.shes probably got an IQ of a monkey.i would actually like to smash her in the face.sub human thing.

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Alcohol made me do it...ah the old excuses are the best.

She may well be an alcoholic but regarding this type of crime, psychopath might be a better description.

People always alchohol, but in some people it just brings out the worst. 

9 hours ago, RasiMike said:

Unfortunately it isn't limited to Thailand. My friend's great grand son, 13mths old, was drowned in the bathtub last month in suspicious circumstances...... Minority group parents with drug issues, in a supposedly first world country.

What do you mean by “minority group parents”?

And if, as I suspect, you are referring to ethnicity, why is that significant?

13 hours ago, RasiMike said:

Unfortunately it isn't limited to Thailand. My friend's great grand son, 13mths old, was drowned in the bathtub last month in suspicious circumstances...... Minority group parents with drug issues, in a supposedly first world country.

Why the mention of "minority group"? What's that have to do with it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

Why the mention of "minority group"? What's that have to do with it?

I was bored and looking for a political correctness advocate to argue with on my day off. 

In this case, the fact that this group of people are struggling has everything to do with it. I am good friends of the family and can tell you that they've no qualms in frankly discussing the social problems in their community - they don't mind calling 'a spade a spade' even though they come from the same tool shed.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:56 PM, kevvy said:

The horrific murder of this innocent boy exposes once again how vulnerable children are in this country.This is not the first time this has happened and wont be the last .The system here has to act swiftly to punish the guilty and ensure that children will be protected . 

"Gone Too Soon"

Not just in this country! I would quote you some examples of similar despicable occurrences that happen in first world countries but then I would get told that this thread is not about XX X country.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.
  • Like 2